1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Help I think I'm going to hell!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Khanh, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Khanh

Khanh New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I got into an agrument with my bf and I said I didnt anything to do with the holy spirit, the holy spirit is evil...bc I wanted to hold onto my anger...my bf made a reference to I wasnt walking in the spirit such as being slow to anger etc...(and at the time I really dont like when he used God on me to shut me up bc I wanted to continue to talk on whatever we were arguing) that's what lead me to say those things. The funny thing about that is, I knew to be very careful about what I said about the holy spirit so I was kinda contemplating which word I said bc I didnt want it to be used against me.. and I made the mistake to choose the word "evil"....and after that, I was very worried and gain false security through the internet of what the unpardonable sin is really all about. Thoughts and advice? Am I doomed or is there still hope?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Shoostie

Shoostie Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    First rule, never let other people negatively influence your attitude toward God. Maybe not the first rule, but it's up there.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once your name is written in the Book of Life - it will never be removed.

4. Shoostie

Shoostie Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you know that?

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. Shoostie

Shoostie Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's once-saved-always-saved. It's no proof of being saved in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The fact that you have a sensitive conscience about it is a good thing because this fear is a sign that you haven’t crossed any such line and that God is still working on you. The unpardonable sin of blasphemy is more a rejection of everything Christian, but I don’t see that in you or this situation. Take heart in knowing that the Holy Spirit has convicted you to admit your sinfulness. Pray to your Father about it, He doesn’t give up on His children so easily and I think you will see that He still loves you, guides you and is forgiving.

#7 Benjamin, Sep 22, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...and tell your bf that he isn't following biblical wisdom very well about avoiding the problem of making you angry. ;)

(Pro 25:24) It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman and in a wide house.

9. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to the Baptist Board. Stick with the discussions and the scriptures recommended. I hope you find where your conscience stands.

10. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would answer "no" to your question. We are all in danger of hell apart from the new birth by the Spirit of God.

"God commands all men, everywhere, to repent." Repent, pray & seek a relationship with Jesus, God the Saviour.

11. wheatpenny

wheatpenny New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with Charles Ryrie on this question: Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit involves witnessing one of Christ's miracles and attributing it to Satan. This requires Jesus to be standing right there in front of you, and therefore it has been impossible to commit this sin since the Ascension, and it will not become possible again until the Millennium.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is always hope if you are still walking on this earth. Place your trust in Christ. Repent of your sin. Believe that in your heart that he was raised from the dead and confess with your mouth that He is Lord. Turn to Him, follow him. That does not mean you will never sin again, but that you will be actively be trying to be dead to sin and alive in Christ.

• Like Like x 1