1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hi from the NW of England

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Zanasp, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Zanasp

Zanasp New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello everyone,

Nice to meet you all. I have been a Christian since July. I haven't actually been baptized yet or attended a Church since becoming a Christian. This is because of recovering from a medical issue. I am recovered now. I am very much leaning towards attending a Baptist Church in my area after a short while looking into Churches.

I turned 25 in September and start training in Carpentry and Joinery in January and again next September after delaying for financial reasons last September.

That's my introduction for now. I hope to get to know other Christians here. Thanks for reading.

edit: I selected Baptist as it is nearly definite I will become one and I read it could not be changed. Sorry if I shouldn't have

• Like Like x 4
  2. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zanasp, welcome to the family! And welcome to the Baptist Board. May you find it a blessing.

We share a commonality in choice of professions. Carpentry is my trade, though I haven't worked in it professionally since around the year 2000 or so.

3. Zanasp

Zanasp New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you! That is interesting, I saw you are from Texas? I know there are differences between UK and US carpentry but the type I'm probably going to do (you choose after first year) is more carpentry based and so probably similar to the US job. I think Joiner is a more Northern UK term.

4. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good to have you. So far, our English members have been from down south of York. Nice to have a Northerner, I take it you're from the Lake District.

5. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to the BB, Zanasp. :) It's good to have another Brit on board.
    I'm guessing you come from Manchester way.

6. Zanasp

Zanasp New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm actually from the Southern part of the North West if that's accurate to say. I'm from Liverpool

7. Zanasp

Zanasp New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks! Sort of, I'm from Liverpool :)

8. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to the BaptistBoard.

9. Zanasp

Zanasp New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks!

10. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Close enough! I'm from way down in Devon. I don't know much about the churches in Liverpool, but I heard the Bill Bygroves preach once. He's the senior pastor at Bridge Chapel and also chaplain of Liverpool FC. Home | Welcome To Bridge Chapel Liverpool | We are a bible-believing church based in south Liverpool. Our aim is to bring the good news of Jesus Christ to as many people as possible. It's a large Baptist church and may be worth checking out. It looks as if it has lots of stuff for young people.

11. Zanasp

Zanasp New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the info. Devon seems nice, I've never been. I've got a few Churches in mind but I'll add that to the list to look into

12. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I worked mainly in residential home construction, but some in remodeling/repairing homes.

13. Zanasp

Zanasp New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, forgot to reply. That's cool, have you ever built a Queen Ann revival style house. For some reason they interest me and remind me of the USA. Or are they only originally built long ago? Just curious

14. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Except for restorations, Queen Anne and the other forms of "painted ladies" are pretty much all from that period. I speak as a native of San Francisco, CA. Which is home to a large number of Victorians.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know you had said you are a new believer. However, two prominent Christian leaders ministered in Liverpool : Bishop J. C. Ryle (from 1880-1900) and Richard Hobson (from 1868-1901). They, of course, were Church of England men, but solidly Evangelical.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, we never built any in that style. We built some houses that were "out-of-the ordinary" -- including an underground house -- but most people seemed to want something in the general style of the rest of their neighborhood (and some subdivisions even regulate that extent of variation that is allowed).