Hillary's Criminalized Health Care will not work.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...."The plan that she is proposing would first of all mandate that everyone have health insurance, and she -- under pressure from Tim Russert -- acknowledged that one of the ways to enforce that may be garnishing people's wages and really forcing them to pay," she warns. "But the policy that they would require is a very generous health insurance policy -- in some ways, more generous than [the policy] members of Congress receive."

Turner says the Clintons may be promising they would make sure no one pays more than ten percent of their income in health insurance premiums, but a lot of Americans are scratching their heads as to where that 10 percent would come from in the first place.....

..Turner says she finds it hard to believe that Clinton's universal healthcare plan is the kind of healthcare reform Americans are talking about when they say they want the system to be "fixed."...

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Politics/Default.aspx?id=74213

2. JustChristian New Member

If people can't afford 10% of their income for health care how can they afford 25%?

3. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Why should either percent be garnished from our wages? This is communism!

4. LeBuick New Member

I don't agree with Hillary but I believe the concept is this. We, the people who have healthcare and pay taxes and foot our bills are paying for the ones who don't. This is because the ones who don't still get treated but because they don't pay we who do have insurance pay higher prices to make up the difference.

Think about it, even if a person doesn't have health insurance, if they get sick or if their children get sick they won't hesitate to call 911 or bee line to the emergency room. Who do you think pays for this visit?

By forcing health insurance would at least say they will contribute something to the pot which may stabilize our cost. I don't think it will work but at least she has a plan.

5. JustChristian New Member

I don't know whether you currently have to pay a part of your employer's health care (I do) but if you feel that way why don't you drop it and take your chances?

6. rbell Active Member

Um....that "plan" was tried in Eastern Europe. It was dropped in the late 1980's/early 1990's.

Also:
    • It rewards laziness.
    • It adds an "inalienable right" to our Constitution, in effect.
    • It puts our healthcare in the hands of the same government that mistreats our veterans.
    • It is risky--it could be economically disastrous--and there's no proof it will work.
    • Competent medical professionals will leave the "public healthcare" scene in droves--leaving us with the "leftovers."

7. billwald New Member

>Why should either percent be garnished from our wages? This is communism!

No, it is social contract theory. Some people can't see the similarity between condo dues and taxes. If the USofA isn't the best place for any of you to live . . . leave. If I knew of a better place, I would go there.

8. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Your post doesn't make sense. I signed up for my healthcare willingly. They didnt' garner my wages if I decided not to have health care.

9. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Your condo comparison is flawed. When you buy a condo, you KNOW what dues to expect. If you dont' buy the condo, they don't charge you the dues. There is a difference between doing something willingly, and being forced to do something.

10. rbell Active Member

So, if I pay condo dues, this allows folks who don't pay rent to live, rent-free, in the condo?

What a totally silly analogy.

I didn't know agreeing with your premise on healthcare was part of my citizenship arrangement...

11. Ivon Denosovich New Member

Do you consider all taxation to be a form of communism?

12. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

We are not talking about taxation.

13. Ivon Denosovich New Member

:confused:

We're not? Garneshing wages to pay for something isn't taxation?

An excellent point that every human being should think about before attacking his neighbor's freedom.

14. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

No. If I steal from a Dept. Store, the judge can have my wages garnished to pay for the stolen items...which is hardly a tax. Clinton's plan is not taxation, but forcing Americans to pay for everyone's healthcare. It's forced healthcare, not tax.

15. rbell Active Member

See my specific criticisms of Clinton's plan. It would seem to me that my concerns are rooted in the idea of maintaining freedoms...

16. LeBuick New Member

Not to mention, what about the people with no job? They currently don't pay and they still won't pay.