1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hodge Twins: George Floyd body cam footage should have been released sooner

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Calminian, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Derf B

Derf B Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    But you left out “premeditation” for some reason. So apparently even your understanding is not sufficient for a 1st degree conviction.

My suspicion is that there could have been some premeditation. But I don’t have the evidence for it anymore than you do, as you shown.

It was foolish to charge 1st degree when the facts weren’t sufficient for it, because it will likely cause more riots later, when he’s acquitted. No charges should ever be derived from listening to a mob, peaceful or no. I remember that tactic in the third world country I lived in when young, and it wasn’t the right way to enforce the law equitably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Premeditation: Yes. It doesn’t have to be days or weeks to be premeditation. As soon as he knew the man was unconscious, not breathing and no pulse; to then keep the knee on the neck for 2:45 seconds demonstrates premeditation of trying to kill him.

peace to you

3. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

And what is your evidence for these claims?

4. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    The original video.

peace to you

5. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is what constitutes first degree murder in Minnesota:

Minnesota First-Degree Murder

during the "crime" doesn't count for premeditation, sheesh. This is straight from the autopsy report:

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Calminian

Site Supporter

The video does not show when Floyd's breathing stopped.

7. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess when he stopped crying for his mother and begging for his life is when he became unconscious. A police officer checked his pulse and told the LEO on his neck that he couldn’t find a pulse. You can make the case, I guess, that just because he had no pulse he still could be breathing... but it seems unlikely to me. After notification of no pulse, the knee remained on the neck for 2:45 seconds.

peace to you

8. Calminian

Site Supporter

And what do you think this proves?

9. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    From the link, premeditation only requires “consideration” (among other definitions of premeditation) prior to the act.

The LEO kept his knee on his neck for 2:45 seconds after he was told he had no pulse. That is plenty of time for the legal definition of premeditation (consideration prior to act) to be established.

peace to you

10. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’ve been clear what I think it proves. No reason to repeat it if you won’t read it the first, second or third time.

peace to you

11. Calminian

Site Supporter

That doesn't make sense to me. If the point was to intentionally kill him with this knee, why would he continue after he was dead? It would seem he didn't see the significance of his action.

12. Calminian

Site Supporter

Just pointing out the absurdly of your thinking. Why would the officer continue for 3 minutes after the supposed goal was accomplished? It would appear he didn't make the connection.

I'd believe the officer is responsible for Floyd's death. To go beyond this is going to result in a mistrial or worse and acquittal.

13. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tough to get into someone’s head and know their intention. You have to consider the facts.

Firstly, the LEOs had a legal obligation to maintain care for a handcuffed man in their custody. They did not meet this legal obligation.

Secondly, the man in custody repeatedly claimed he couldn’t breathe. Even if the LEO didn’t believe him at the time, once he was informed he had no pulse, it was clear the mans life was in danger.

He kept his knee on his neck for another 2:45 seconds. That’s 2:45 seconds knowing the man he had just choked unconscious had no pulse.

It is hard for me to believe he didn’t understand the mans life was at immediate risk. Continued pressure on the neck made death certain.

It meets the definition of premeditation in the law for “consideration”, imo.

peace to you

14. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So what you're saying is that it's first degree because he continued to sit on his neck after he was told that he had no pulse???

The pressure on the neck did nothing -George Floyd did this to himself. First off, cops carry Naloxene but George lied:

Lane to Floyd: What, are you on something right now?

Floyd: No, nothing.

The Big Lie: The Acquittal Of Chauvin, Lane, Kueng & Thao

and they did call the EMTs, that knee is beside the point. He had severe heart damage, rona and was loaded down with drugs and did not want to be arrested yet again.

No premeditation, the knee didn't even kill him. Ellison overcharged deliberately, he knows it and thinks the ensuing riots will be an October surprise.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Calminian

Site Supporter

Yes, even when he was standing. That's the problem. He needed medial care right away, and the officer should have seen this and gotten him help. But if he had problems breathing standing, then it's unlikely he died specifically from being choked.

You go first degree on this, he walks. I don't think he should walk, but he will if they overcharge.

16. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I’m saying it should be first degree because he kept pressure on his neck for 2:45 seconds after he was told Mr. Floyd had no pulse.

Whatever problems Mr. Floyd had, drugs-bad heart-Covid: doesn’t change the fact he was strangled to death by the knee to the back of the neck.

The fact the LEO kept the knee on the neck for 2:45 seconds after being told he had no pulse shows consideration and intent.

peace to you

17. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe. I think the charge is 2nd degree at this point.

peace to you

18. Calminian

Site Supporter

It's not second degree. I only pray the prosecutor doesn't think like you.

19. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The ambulance had been called immediately as the officers saw George Floyd ingest something while he was still in the vehicle before they asked him to come out of the vehicle. This is why you see an ambulance come up, but it took 10-15 minutes for the ambulance to arrive, after the police made the call. It was a fatal mistake by George Floyd to ingest all the drugs he had stashed in the vehicle as his body immediately reacted to the drugs he had taken.

This does not excuse Mr. Chauvin. He is a bad apple and he should have taken the knee off George Floyds neck.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Calminian

Site Supporter

Well said.