1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How Anti-Missionary Laws Are Influencing the Evangelical Church in Russia

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Squire Robertsson, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Dear brother in Jesus, I am not attacking, I am simply trying to correct your stating that there Orthodox Churches that are part of The Catholic Church. If you persist on insisting this is true without presenting ANY evidence, then you are, in fact, making up stuff. Just present the evidence of your claim and I will not continue to ask for it. Here is what I will hopefully agree with you on. The ancient liturgies of the Maronite Catholic Church (some that date back to Apostolic times) are almost identical to some Eastern Orthodox liturgies and many people observing this would assume that they are part of the same church.

When I lived in Utica, NY, I attended a Maronite Catholic Church there in which there was a Lebanese Orthodox Church across the street. The worship appeared to be identical but the Maronite Catholic Church was part of the Church of Rome and the Lebanese Orthodox Church was part of the Arch patriarch Orthodox Church of America. They shared festivals and even some liturgical functions together, but they were NOT part of the same church. Hopefully, some day there will again be unity as they are 'like faith and order', but different patriarchs.

#21 Walter, Dec 1, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  2. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Point taken. I simply wanted to correct another brother who was making a false allegation about Orthodox and Catholic Churches. Next thing I know I am being attacked for daring to contest the fallacy. This is a forum that is supposed to allow 'outsiders' to participate in the discussion. I was a Baptist for many years so I understand the polity of the majority of Baptist churches. I apologize if I appeared rude or Un-Christ like. I will mind my manners.