1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How are these THUGS allowed???

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by SavedByGrace, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't figure it would be too traumatic for you.

2. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There you go with that we misnomer again, but this time you emphasize it with ‘we all’. Only a racist would make the assumption that you allude to. The way they handle their firearms prove they’ve not got a lot of experience. Their name? About as much thought in that as in your posts. You’re nothing but a troll, & a poor one at that. Show me something sometime, you know, how about an original thought that contributes to a discussion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, we have a republic not a monarchy. We don't want what you have.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Riight.

5. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread shocks me. Where is our love for the second amendment? Doesn't matter what you believe or what you stand for, we all have a right to self defense and owning weapons for such. If protestors in Michigan can be armed, then those in Louisville too. These black militiamen are fine by me. Their leaders show savvy with when to go away before a firefight starts. They need to teach their militiamen weapon discipline given the article, though. Everyone should be able to open carry IMO. So, I am fine with this. BTW 'Thugs' is a bad moniker for blacks in the South. We must be careful with our words to be above reproach to the world.

6. Conan

Conan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not believe they support the 2nd Amendment at all. Do they vote for it? No I don't think they do. I would be all for it if they were. But it seems obviously to me that freedom is not their purpose. I would be delighted to be wrong, but I doubt it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you know who they vote for? We can't be sure. Regardless, the second amendment, like the first, is blind in the sense that it doesn't matter who or what you vote for, you should enjoy it regardless. Even, if they did vote their rights away, thats their folly. As things stand now, they have a right to weapons and defending themselves regardless of our support for their cause. I will not call out protestors in Michigan, I will not call out this militia.

8. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are thugs. Just look at their name.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well you are right that they are people we should not support. Again, 'thug is interpreted as a racial term, so we should avoid it.

I may have sounded like I thought them good. I know they aren't. They are looking for trouble just like the Race War types and the anti-fascists. I must acknowledge that it is sad for America to have so many armed extremist groups running around.

I'm just trying to say, there is a right to bear arms and defend ourselves in this country and we should enjoy it regardless of our beliefs. I must repeat, I do not support armed groups trying to take the law into their own hands or acting provocative with weapons.

10. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a right to hear arms. Private militias are illegal. This is a private militia.

11. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I looked that up. I didn't know private militias are illegal in all 50 States. Wow. Thank you. I agree then, we must treat this organization as illegal along with all private militias. This also means White Supremacist armed private militias are illegal and should be disbanded.

Militia organizations in the United States - Wikipedia.

12. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    SAY, note that the thread was started by a Brit. Whether these folk are thugs or not, the term is not inherently racist. That is an invention out of thin air. It would be better, wiser to resist the temptation of trying to impose PC standards on our language, which is essentially an attempt to broadly apply cancel culture to conservatives and other normal people.

Check out this link to Merriam-Webster, whence this deliberately chosen quote:

"… in American History X, Norton … plays a vicious young Venice Beach thug, a racist skinhead with … a thick black swastika tattooed over one bulging pec, and a gleam of murder in his eye."— Owen Gleiberman

13. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    that is why your country is in such a huge mess! and 60 years after Martin Luther Jr nothing has changed. This shows a failed system.

14. Conan

Conan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    He changed a lot on a great magnitude. The fact that you don't actually know about it is sad.

15. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    look at the news and you will see the same racial problems in many states. this is the image that the world sees, as I live in England. there are too many free-for-all guns available in the US. I know of no other country in the world that has had as many mass shootings, as the US does.

16. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There you go again. In the past both parties suppressed riots but now leftists tolerate them. It is hard to care when the Democrat areas don't care. It is not a failed system because the riots are contained to areas where they are encouraged. Indianapolis had three murders this summer during race riots but they were downtown and both the Governor in the Statehouse and the Mayor did nothing even afterwards.

• Like Like x 1
  17. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you have not studied the issue. We have relatively few of them and most are done by blacks against other blacks. But the murder rate is much higher in places like Venezuela.

18. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thugs were a cult in India.

19. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    if the US was like here in England, then this would not be put up with, as the government will stop it

20. Conan

Conan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You yourselves have been disarmed in your country so you have no say in what free people do. There are others who wish to enslave the American people, and they run the newsmedia. Do not listen to the worldly news who are misleading many. Recognize when they tell you lies, as they often do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1