How can you preach the gospel if you believe in limited atonement?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Abd al-masih, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Therefore your first four positions are nonsense.
    Your first four positions contradict and conflict with your last position.
    Obviously it doesn't bother you or perhaps it's a blind spot you just can't see, but your position begs many questions.

2. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone who addresses the poster rather than the position is waving the white flag of surrender.

3. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pay no attention to those who misrepresent the views of others.

4. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Utter nonsense, your doctrine is as bogus as a three dollar bill. Again and again I post verse after verse supporting the biblical view and you wave the white flag of blindspotting, etc.

5. Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sure you believe that.

6. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet another you, you, you post addressing the poster and not the position.

Calvinist preacher: Jesus may have died for your sins, He died for the sins of those chosen unconditionally before creation. There is nothing you can do to alter the predestined outcome of your life, or the lives of your loved ones. They were either saved or condemned from all eternity for all eternity.

Of course for those of us who believe God desires all men to be saved and Christ laid down His life as a ransom for all, we think Calvinism offers a bogus view of the gospel.

7. Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok. One problem. I don't preach that Jesus may have died for your sins. I preach that you need to repent and confess Jesus as Lord that He died for those that believe on His name and confess Him as Lord.

If Christ laid down his life a ransom for all, meaning every individual person, then his payment was not enough. He was insufficient since not all or saved. OR universalism is correct.

8. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More nonsense. Hiding your doctrine is not in accordance with Jesus's teachings about meaning what we say. Next, we get "if Christ laid down his life as a ransom for all" utterly denying scripture which conflicts with the false doctrine of Calvinism. Christ accomplished His purpose on the cross, and His sacrifice is sufficient to say everyone and anyone God places into Christ. Next, the false charge that this view supports universalism, which it does not. But look how false claim changes the subject from the false doctrine of Limited Atonement.

9. Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, no, and again, no.

What do you mean hiding doctrine? I didn't hide any doctrine. Read it again.

And no, did not deny Scripture. I denied your interpretation of it. There is a big difference there.

Yes, the sacrifice was sufficient for all, but was not for all. Also a major distinction. God only places his elect into Christ. They have already been chosen.

And the universalism charge isn't a false charge. That is the logical conclusion of Christ paying a ransom for every individual person.

10. Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Van, it is obvious that you cannot accept the contradictions in your position. It seems that you have picked the views that you want from God, regardless of whether God actually speaks that view. I have read enough comments between you and others to know your pet verses have been explained to you. I have addressed your five views in this thread.
    You have stated your position. I disagree with your position. We will not find a compromise on the means of salvation.

11. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) Believing like a Calvinist but preaching like an Arminian is hiding Calvinism.
    2) Denying ransom for all means ransom for all is denying scripture.
    3) Christ died for all mankind, becoming the propitiation for the sins of the whole world.
    4) Yes, God places those chosen through faith in the truth into Christ.
    5) Christ's sacrifice is sufficient to provide propitiation for everyone God places in Christ. This view does not require God to place everyone in Christ, that claim is utter nonsense.

12. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) You falsely claim "contradictions" yet never identify them? False charge!
    2) Every position presented is supported explicitly by passages of scripture.
    3) You have not presented any evidence that any of the true doctrines present are mistaken.
    4) Agreed, I will not compromise scripture.

Calvinist preacher: Jesus may have died for your sins, He died for the sins of those chosen unconditionally before creation. There is nothing you can do to alter the predestined outcome of your life, or the lives of your loved ones. They were either saved or condemned from all eternity for all eternity.

Of course for those of us who believe God desires all men to be saved and Christ laid down His life as a ransom for all, we think Calvinism offers a bogus view of the gospel.

13. Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You need to read what I wrote again. I did preach like a Calvinist.

You need to re-think this one.

I agree. However, you and I define terms differently.

And you just proved you are wavy on your doctrine. You just mixed Calvinism and Arminianism in the same statement. I agree, Christ's sacrifice is sufficient to provide salvation for those God chose to place in Christ.

14. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fine, hopefully you will accept my other views someday too.

15. Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can't accept them Van because I believe they are not in harmony with Scripture.

16. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Live and learn

17. Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You do the same.

18. Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I should have been more specific, I can't because they are not in harmony with Scripture.

19. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Constantly

20. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The opposite is true, my positions are in harmony with all scripture, yours are precluded by scripture.

Christ died for all mankind, those to be saved and those never to be saved.