1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How do you know anything?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by 37818, Mar 2, 2019.

1. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I appreciate your points. I would add that the New Testament is not really a standalone document (or set of documents), but rather an extension of the Old Testament, which is a vital witness of God and what he would do, namely send his Son as the sacrifice for sin, and raise the crucified Lord from the dead. God did a lot of preparing in the thousands of years prior. Then it all happened according to the Scriptures.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So as the Apostle Paul wrote the Corinthian church, ". . . how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . ." -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4. Add to this the fulfillment of the prophecy of Daniel which was fulfilled 40 years afterwords, ". . . shall [the] Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; . . ." -- Daniel 9:26. Which leave the people of Israel without the ability to claim to follow Moses. For which Jesus had argued, "For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me." -- John 5:46.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God is Knowable.