1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How does your Church deal with Child professions of Faith?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Berean, Apr 8, 2013.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No worries. It was definitely salt water - Atlantic Ocean in NY in August which means about 65 degrees. I guess we really SHOULD look into some good gowns for the men and baptism-ees. :) And finally yes, she wanted to go to the beach but I have to say, she didn't want to go into the cold water!

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is your church Baptist or are they Non-Denom? And is there any protocol for doing this ritual ...like can you do it in a swimming pool, Koei Pond or river?

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We are Baptist. I believe we have baptized in the baptismal, a pool, the Sound and ocean

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    its not where one gets water baptized, but the reason why and how!

5. Monster

Monster New Member

Ummm, you may want to back up a page or so. There was a bit'o'humor being bandied about, location was one element.

6. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mar_10:14 But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know! Hope the water was warm!

And THAT was immersion!

8. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

One can only imagine the insults that were thrown out against the Ana Baptist because they didn't believe in infant Baptism. Those Ana Baptist are trying to keep our babies out of the kingdom of God, as some probably said. Is that age of deception upon us once again in another form called easy believism when our children as unripe fruit are being plucked from the tree to early. In this day of instant microwave meals, instant potatoes, instant coffee, is this the day of instant conversions as well. What happened to the old time thorough working of the Holy Spirit in conversion. Are the watchmen of today trying to play the roll of the Holy Spirit. Satan is full of crafty devices, along with every genuine way there is always a counterfeit way.

#108 salzer mtn, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2013
  9. Monster

Monster New Member

Just how long should salvation take?

And, how difficult is the Gospel message? What happens to child-like faith; we certainly don't begin our faith in a mature state.

And, and, the thorough working of the Holy Spirit Does God in that form begin slowly and build up speed until there's some critical break-through? Is the recipient of the Holy Spirit saved only after enough of the work is accomplished?

These are serious questions. You seem to be implying that salvation comes through faith plus something. Maybe I'm just inferring incorrectly. And most unsettling you seem to be very doubtful in regards to young children and saving faith.

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    no, don't see him denying children can get saved by the lord, would though be cautening at taking what they say as 'the truth", as will need to have that faith professiom bear last fruit, as MANY have had that experienceas both child/adult 'giving their heart/asking jesus in", and failed to evidence any real fruit that salvation ever took place!

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Who here is talking about infant baptism? Non sequitur.

12. Monster

Monster New Member

In bold...Seriously? Who implied that he said that? Certainly not me.

He did however, very clearly imply that salvation was not/is not instant, that it requires the "thorough working of the Holy Spirit" and then strongly implies that some (not all) that disagree with his stance are usurping the role of the Holy Spirit and or possibly susceptible to Satan's crafty devices in light of this subject. (mega-run-on-writing going on there)

I was asking salzer mtn for clarification. Thanks for your input Yeshua1, though I believe we're operating from very different assumptions here.

13. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

In the parable of the sower you will notice that only one ground, the good ground was a true conversion because it brought forth fruit. The ground represents the heart of man. What set this ground apart from the other three ? All four grounds had good seed sown upon them, so it was not the seeds fault. All four had the seed sown by a God called man, so it was not the preachers fault. The difference lied in the fact the good ground had been plowed, broken up by the Holy Spirit. Every farmer knows you cannot throw seed on top of the ground because the fowls of the air will devour it ( Way Side). Every farmer knows you cannot sow seed where there is not much earth because the root will not take hold ( Stony Ground) Every farmer knows you can't sow seed among thorns, it will be choked out ( Thorny Ground) The bible say's Break up your fallow ground and sow not among thorns Jer 4:3. The good ground had been prepared by the plow or Holy Spirit and was ready to recieve the seed. The only crop the stony ground produced was a crop of religion. The only crop the ground of briars produced was works of the flesh; weeds, thorns, wild grass, everything that man by nature produces in his old natural corruption. Christ said in verse thirteen of Mark chapter four, Know ye not this parable ? The understanding of this parable will unlock the door of knowledge and understanding of all parables. it will get you a greater understanding of the way's of God in the salvation of soul's.

#113 salzer mtn, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2013
  14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As My pastor says, God requires us to put out the seed, to teach and live for jesus, that is our part, that a sinner gets saved by that is All of his working and His part!

15. Monster

Monster New Member

That's a fine answer for a question I didn't ask.

Sowing and reaping though intrinsically related, are very different "subjects". You seem to be oscillating between the two.

You've addressed the idea of sowing, great! But, I asked several questions directly related to reaping (for simplicities sake, I'm sticking with the analogy elucidated in the parable above).

In previous posts you seem to imply (over and over, I might add) that children and salvation are an uncommon occurrence. I was asking for more clarification on that. I was saved at 5, baptized at 12 and have never doubted the veracity of God's work in that process. My wife would have the same road-map as would millions of others. Are we deluded?

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You do know that there are multitudes that look JUST to a single experience /time with god as time they got saved, but show NO evidence since then, just relying upon that , right?

Think BOTH of you are right, in that Kids can and do get saved, but also that many are relying upon salvation when might not have really been the case!

17. ashleysdad

ashleysdad Member

Obviously you are mistaken, EVERYONE knows that a five year old can simply NOT understand enough to be saved! You were probably just looking for attention or scared about something! Hopefully you have really gotten saved since then! (lol). Please understand this as sarcasm. My oldest daughter was saved at 5 years old and is an amazing witness for Christ (she is now 15). She goes to a public high school and is WELL known by friends and everyone else (including teachers) as a real Christian. I could not tell you the number of times that she has had her friends at school call her to ask her to pray about something for them, or the number of friends that she has brought to Christ. So glad she did not run into some on this board when she was five! lol

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Touching simply touching. :laugh:

19. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It is incredible this thread even exists. Salvation is of the Lord, not a time table established by goofy theologeans.

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then what do we need them for? Your expression of "Goofy" is being gracious. I had salvation before I was even born....I just didnt know it.