1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How Long Does it Take You to Backslide?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by preacher4truth, Jul 21, 2011.

?
  1. I've backslidden within a few minutes of prayer, confession, cleansing & devotion

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. I never backslide.

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  3. I backslide about once a week, and then get back to my walk!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I backslide more than once a week, then get back to my walk!

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  5. I backslide almost daily, then repent! Sometimes more than once a day!

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  6. I am backslidden now and need to walk with God consistently.

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  7. It's been a long time since I've backslidden.

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  8. I could never backslide away from God.

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  9. I hate being backslidden, it is miserable, but sometimes I stay there awhile!

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  10. I backslid once, I'll never do that again!

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Again a childish statement, no substance

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No, it wasn't.
    First, in some of the Scriptures you tried to explain you demonstrated that you didn't know the meaning of them.
    Second, the rest of them you simply called them childish with no attempt to explain them at all. What kind of attitude is that?

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Let's look at this post again, this time more carefully. Freeatlast, you take Scripture out of context, and you use it for your own means when you don't know what the Scripture means. That is what you have done here.
    The Scripture you have referred to is Mat.7:20, "you shall know them by their fruits."

Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. (Matthew 7:20)

Now look at the context. What was Jesus talking about when he said that?
    Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. (Matthew 7:15)
    --The context is false prophets with their false teaching. It is not about carnal Christians, the difference between carnality and the lost, or the difference between the spiritual and unspiritual. It is about false prophets. You have taken the verse out of context.

And yet you continue, having taken this verse out of context:
    Remember, this is not what this passage is talking about. You are building a false doctrine on a misinterpretation of Scripture. It is not about those claiming to be saved in church but only meet the evidence of being lost. That is far from the truth here. It is speaking of false prophets, not those that are Christians in name only--pretenders, so to speak. You have it wrong.
    No, I don't have it wrong. You are building a false doctrine here on a misinterpretation of Scripture. You are still on Matthew 7:20 and haven't veered from it.
    You quote this verse without explanation, but in reality you don't know the meaning of it.
    Where are these verses found? I will tell you.
    They are found in Matthew 7:17,18, just before your quotation of Mat.7:20. Again it is a reference to false teachers. A good tree brings forth good fruit. The fruit is doctrine. A corrupt tree (false teachers) bring forth corrupt fruit (false doctrine).
    Jesus had said previously to beware of the leaven of the Pharisees. They were to take heed of the poisonous doctrine and teaching of the Pharisees and now the false prophets. You shall know them by their fruit--their false doctrine. This is not speaking of their works. You can't know a person by their works; you know them by their doctrine.
    They are not as clear as you seem. You can't build a doctrine on Scripture taken out of context.
    The people that have turned from the word are those that are not teaching it correctly. Or, at least they have erred, and in so doing are leading people astray.

You have done the same thing with 2Cor.5:17, another Scripture badly misused and misunderstood.