1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How Much Credit Should Obama Get for Getting Rid of Gadaffi?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by InTheLight, Oct 22, 2011.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama's policy of backing the rebels with air support, drone attacks, and weaponry has helped to rid the world of Moammar Gadaffi. The U.S. involvement was about 7 months and no Americans were killed. So how much credit does Obama get for the extermination of a man that at various times plotted and carried out direct terrorist attacks on the West?

2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Give Him Credit........

.....FOR LENDING HIS SUPPORT AND INPUT. It is a lot more than he's given to the more than a vast number of unemployed Americans and the millions who have lost their homes at the hands of greedy banks, who he bailed out!

Too bad the banks couldn't find it within their ledger sheets to bail out the millions of Americans, who lost their dream of owning their own home.

So far, Obama has bloodied his hands on two bloodthirsty leaders of terror and mayhem. Obama has proven to me that he can kill more than innocent, unborn babies. :tear:

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Yeah he helped take out one "terrorist" by using and supporting other terrorists (Al Qeada) as proxy fighters. How wonderful!

Now what are we to do about all the terrorists he helped to power in Libya? I know, he can make sure they get huge IMF loans to rebuild Libya (now that the international community has destroyed it) they can never afford to pay back and when they default the international community aka global banks and corporations can take over everything . . . cheap.

But I reckon that was the plan all along, it usually is.

#3 poncho, Oct 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2011
  4. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

The question is how much blame he will receive if Libya erupts into a perpetual civil war, a talibanish government takes control, or it becomes a base country for terrorists (especially if we're attacked again).

5. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

As much credit as his Noble Peace Prize allows...

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I think the president handled this situation wisely. Without giving any direct support the US was able to join the world community in ridding themselves of a very dangerous tyrant.

His credit? A little, I think they could have done this without the limited support.

His blame? Blame for what? Helping a people to determine their own future?

#6 NaasPreacher (C4K), Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2011
  7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He gets full credit for illegally using our armed forces to help one group of terrorists get rid of another.

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

None. 90% of the folks posting here will have forgotten 60% of this by the next news cycle. And what little they do remember they'll have covered by memorized party approved talking points in order to do battle in the false left vs right paradigm. :smilewinkgrin:

The real question is and the one no one but me ever asks is. . .who benefits?

#8 poncho, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2011