How to interpret the Bible

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Jordan Kurecki, Sep 4, 2018.

1. 1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The proof is in the fulfillment. And Antichrist did not show up in the 70th week, Jesus did.

2. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Except my Bible states thatnational israel will be restored at end of days, as in Daniel, and that the Kingdom itself is upon the earth 1000 years under the messanic Age, and then is turned over to go into Eternal state!

3. Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do. :)

4. 1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no national Israel in scripture. God abolished it at the cross. Any who call themselves Jews can reunite with Israel through faith in Christ. Jesus (Israel) said his kingdom is not of this world. It is however in Heaven and will be so too in the New Heavens and earth.

5. Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is that a gap inserted into a prophecy? I think not. It is prophesied AFTER the 69th week, not during the 70th. As Jesus was put to death during the 70th week, if the destruction had taken place soon after, that would be consistent with the prophecy, but the prophecy indicates a protracted time of trouble. That is a consequence of Israel rejecting its Messiah. Jesus refers to the prophecy & says it would be fulfilled in the lifetime of "this generation."

26 After the sixty-two “sevens”, the Anointed One will be put to death and will have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: war will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed.

Scripture clearly records the activities of the LORD Jesus Christ during the half week of his ministry, & his death & resurrection after the 3 1/2 years of his ministry. It also records his Olivet prophecy of the destruction.

Is your Bible different from others? Scriptures supporting your assertions would be helpful for discussion.

Certainly the prophets prophesying BEFORE & DURING THE EXILE spoke of the restoration & unification of national Israel. It happened as recorded by Ezra & Nehemiah, but the returning Israelites, including those exiled by the Assyrians & Babylonians, were free to return BUT they did not return to faithful living - see the record in Malachi.

During the 70th week many thousands of Israelites did indeed return to faithful living, responding to John's ministry, Jesus himself, & the Gospel preached at Pentecost.

These formed the prophesied Davidic kingdom under King Jesus. This is a spiritual kingdom, rather than a physical, carnal kingdom. God in his wisdom allows the kingdoms of the world to continue as he is calling out his redeemed people from all nations during the present millennium - as he told Abram in the first prophecy in Gen. 12.

Read 2 Peter 3 to understand what is happening - & note that the present Gospel age is the indefinite millennium.

6. FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I respect the much deeper backgrounds many of you have in Biblical interpretation than I do. Here is my perspective. The prophesy in Daniel obviously comes before the first coming of Christ. Why should it be assumed that it refers to the second coming? In fact I've read an analysis which purports to show that the 70 week prophesy foretells TO THE DAY the moment Jesus entered Jerusalem on His way to the cross. Has anyone else seen this? I'll look for it.

7. Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've heard that also. It depends on methods of calculating dates, & looking for the right start date based on Jewish, Babylonian & Egyptian chronology. The obvious start date is the edict of Cyrus, & the obvious 'date' for the anointing is the baptism & anointing of Jesus, rather than his Palm Sunday entry into Jerusalem.

If the anointing of Christ is Palm Sunday, His crucifixion would be right at the beginning of the 70th week. The 70th week would be the record in Acts, the confirmed Covenant would be the New Covenant confirmed with the Jews until the leaders rejected the Gospel & stoned Stephen & the Gospel was opened to the Gentiles without circumcision. What would happen in the midst of the week?

8. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Strange, as Fod sates that he will have their King over themat the second coming time!

9. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where is the Man of Sin that breaks covenant with israel?

10. 1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Church is Israel. The broken off Jews are not unless they accept Christ and become reattached.

11. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Church is spiritual israel, and God still has plans for national Israel!

12. 1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are the kingdom, and Jesus will reattach the broken off Jews back into us (Israel) as they accept Christ per Romans 11. But Jesus' kingdom is not of this world.

13. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not yet, one day will be, as God will reward Jesus with his inheritence of all of the nations, and have them rule over them with Iron Rod!

14. 1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is now. Is Jesus God? Then he rules all with a rod of iron. BTW David's Throne = God's Throne in the OT. So Jesus presently reigns over the universe from David's Throne, just as the angel promised his mother.

15. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    is Jesus directly ruling now then, if so, why is there still sin, false religions, satan on th prowl etc?

16. 1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are confusing his rule in the New Heavens and earth with a misunderstanding of the Kingdom, now present.

17. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Eternal state will have no more nations, but the Millinuil reign does!

18. 1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The nations are now. The kingdom now ruling over them is spiritual. There will not be a physical kingdom of the future.

19. InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm so glad that is settled.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL

20. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the bible states that there will be though!