1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How were we "in him" (Christ) before the foundation of the world (Ephesians 1:4)?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by George Antonios, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Particular

Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to God's word...

Ephesians 1:3-14 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth. In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will, so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory. In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romans 16:7 Greet Andronicus and Junia, my fellow Jews who have been in prison with me. They are outstanding among the apostles, and they were in Christ before I was.

#82 InTheLight, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  3. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, you imagine God does his work on human timeline. I can't help you.
    It seems you desperately want to be the ruler and decider of your own fate. I dust my sandals off. Go be your own ruler.

4. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I'm not imagining it, I'm quoting the Bible.

And we have our friend strawman again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

5. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    You use scripture with no concept of the fullness of scripture. Instead you are using scripture out of context. For example, what does this verse say to you?

Luke 4:7 If you, then, will worship me, it will all be yours.”

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don’t even care what a Calvinists sounds like so why are you fixated on it?

7. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Understood from others, when put together with all that the Lord has to say about who are "in Christ".

God's word is not simply a series of "soundbites"...it's a book of letters where everything He has to say about a subject is combined and understood as a composite...not a bunch of "proof texts" that stand alone.

#87 Dave G, Oct 16, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Each and every time the multiple witnesses are cited, you seem to simply ignore them, MB.

I'm not sure why.:(

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps it’s stubbornness

10. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No but you avoid what your afraid doesn't line up with your theology, Why haven't you got an answer? I would think that if Calvinism is true you'd be all over it with a good explanation.
    MB

11. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    A "good explanation" seems to be determined by you (the one who demands to be supreme ruler). I and others have provided scripture after scripture, which you then try to strain a gnat through your "I refuse to believe" lens. I am watching you act like an atheist who is desperate for any loophole to get away from God.
    MB, chase after your stumbling block. It's all yours.

12. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So like a Calvinist to avoid the issue when they have no explanation for those who were in Christ before Paul. Instead of answering my question you try to defame me. Everything that comes from you shows, you do not really know. You must guess what you believe I suppose. What a pitiful way of believing what you can't support. I don't stumble at Calvinism. I'm well aware of it's deceptions.
    MB

13. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have created "Calvinists" as your crutch and obstacle for avoiding what God is saying. I cannot help your unbelief.

14. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

rabbit-hole-not-going.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You cannot help because you have nothing to offer. Certainly no answers from you.
    MB

16. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    So...you recognize the problem with confining yourself to a verse without seeing the broader context?

I believe my point has been made.

17. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    As you wish.

18. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh pretty please, let it be true!