1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How Wicked Were the People of Noah's Day? And Why No Detail?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by I Love An Atheist, May 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OfLivingWaters

OfLivingWaters Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are clueless, again you need to go else where with your nonsense. You deny the scriptures! Therefore you are not even qualified to continue any discussion concerning them. Yeah, NBA players! If only that was what the scriptures were about. Deny scripture, history and archeology I have given you too much credit by even speaking to you. Again scriptures are very clear, sounds like you have a beef with the scriptures. Now not only do not know what Son's of God means you deny the word Nephilim- giants, which scripture clearly speaks of. Are you saying the NBA players today are Nephilim? Creepy!

Now which is it- were there giants mentioned in scripture yes or no?

2. I Love An Atheist

I Love An Atheist Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are correct; I misstated descendants of Abel. I should have stated descendants of Seth.

OneBaptism did not use anything from Ellen G. White. Only from Scripture. It is not only his or her interpretation. It is a common one given as to another possible interpretation. It's just that OneBaptism provided more detailed support from Scripture.

Don't pretend you are getting your ideas only from Scripture. If you didn't believe in the book of Enoch you would not be so wedded to the idea of the existence of demon-human hybrid Nephilim in ancient times.

3. I Love An Atheist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And you are what denomination and what is your doctrine?

4. I Love An Atheist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Of course there were giants mentioned in Scripture. Of course everybody knows the story of David and Goliath.

I provided evidence, including NBA players and Andre the Giant and more, of natural -- not supernatural -- means for humans to be taller than normal.

Pre-flood humans used to live a lot longer. Did they need to be demon spawn to have longer life spans, too? What was it about pre-flood conditions that enabled them to live longer? Could the same factors also have influenced natural selection to make some strains of human beings become gigantic in some locations?

If you don't wish to speak to me anymore, there is a simple solution.

Which scriptures have I denied, false accuser?

5. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I need not answer to one who quotes science over the Word. You be concerned over your lack of faith in the Word for I clearly have faith in it FULLY!
    First of all I test all according to scripture for that is the determining factor for me to embrace what many call apocrypha. I read for myself and do not allow the opinions of men to color my views-that concerning what the western world calls scripture. Not all men see clearly as shown here. The Hebrew scriptures predate any denomination. No one can decide what is Canon except God! And many men had and have different opinions concerning that, including many Jewish sects. These writings predate RC, Protestant and Orthodox. They are however, preserved by some Orthodox groups. You did open a can of worms and then tried to elaborate on those things in which you have NOT given study to, and then not only condemn SDA , you quote the very one you condemn !
    I am consistent. Scales still tipped 100% in my favor!

6. I Love An Atheist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Science helps us understand the laws God created. It is not necessary to oppose science to the Word. Full evolutionary science is not science because evolution can't be observed and tested. Natural selection is science because it can be observed and tested.

Faith in whose word? We are supposed to test the spirits, too.

You have demonstrated in this thread that actually you do not.

Then how can you test according to scripture? You have your own understanding of what constitutes scripture. So your test is really just your own understanding.

Where did I condemn the SDA? Did I say I knew he or she was going to go to hell? That is what it means to condemn. Did I do that? All I said is that I do not believe in anybody's new revelation.

I am allowed to consider evidence and logic whether I am studied or not. That is part of the process of study. I am studying as I go. The alternative is to simply reject or swallow everything whole because of the trust in who said it or distrust of who said it. That alternative does not equate to studying.

7. I Love An Atheist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Are you in the new "Hebrew Roots" camp?

8. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    BLAH,BLAH BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!

9. I Love An Atheist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Look, you *are* more well-studied than myself in theology, so don't put your scholarship to waste.

I regret spending so much of my own life having studied frivolous subjects in my past. Now here I am without much time for study, realizing I should have studied Scripture in preference to other subjects.

And with that I am done with this thread.

If you want to start over again at some point in the future in another thread, less acrimoniously, that is your choice to do so -- or not.

10. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I still have to say though that the term "sons of god" would normally refer to the angelic hosts in heaven, and that Jude and Peter seem to infer that something really wicked and unusual went down back then in world history, something so vile that it threatened to corrupt the entire Human Race, and so God sent the Flood to make sure that did not happen!

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BOTH positions, the one of the ungodle and godly lines of man, and of supernatural demonic activity, have been held in church history, so either one would be a viable option to hold!

12. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

#112 OfLivingWaters, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
  13. One Baptism

One Baptism Active Member

No worries brother[?]

Homosexuality will be prevalent. Divorce will be prevalent. People disregrding marriage will be prevalent, thus fornication, adultry will be prevalent, and all manner of sexual wickedness [beasts, children, etc], as it was in Noah's day and in Lot's time, etc.

People will consume/eat and drink that which is forbidden by God, and not allowed by God in the days of Noah, and so too today, and people will devour much flesh, though God does not allow it [ask me about this if needed], and so affect their thinking and worship.

People's imaginations will have no restraint, and every wickedness will they dwell upon, watch, listen to, and accomplish [up to a point, before God says enough].

A message of repentance to obey God went forth by Noah, and to enter into the Ark. A similar Message by God's remnant people have a similar call to enter into the ARK in Heaven, wherein God's Ten Commandments are. As the door closed on the Ark in Noah's day and the wicked outside had no idea that they were to be lost and destroyed, so too today.

As the drops of God's wrath turned into torrents and destroyed all of the wicked, so too in the last days.

As they transgressed agains the Creator, and forgot His rest, the 7th day the Sabbath, and planted and builded, and bought and sold, etc on God's Holy day, so too today, and as they forget their Creator, the LORD of the Sabbath, the 7th Day of His rest, more wickedness increases, for God gives them up unto unclean lusts, as in Romans 1.

Thus as marriage [Day 6] was attacked then so to today, and then attacking the 7th day the Sabbath [Day 7] will follow, as it did then ... these are the twin institutions of Eden, for man's protection and happiness/joy in relationship of man to man and man to God.

There is more, and it deals with "light" itself, and "faith" and what satan is presently doing to ensare all who are not hid in Christ Jesus, for that angel of "lie-ght" [satan], is literally using light to create darkness, physically and spiritually...

This a summary.

PS. I hope you liked the other thread. God bless you.

I also answer the matter of Jude and the "strange flesh" there in that older thread.

#113 One Baptism, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
  14. I Love An Atheist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Serpent seed theory -- which is a kissing cousin of the second interpretation you mention -- has historically borne poisonous fruit. I mean this is one time it's literally true to bring Hitler into the discussion.

By their fruits shall you know them. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit. A bad tree cannot bear good fruit.

In our time a new version of the second interpretation is a new apostasy. It says the anti-Christ will be an alien, and the minions of the anti-Christ will be alien-human hybrids. It could again bear poisonous fruit.

15. I Love An Atheist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In Hebrew it is "sons of Elohim". Elohim is not God's personal name in Hebrew. It means somebody strong with authority. It was used to refer to God a lot, but not always. Just like medieval people would call aristocratic human beings lords and also call God the Lord.

Take a look at Psalm 82:6. In Hebrew the word Elohim is used to refer to godly men in this particular psalm.

Psalm 82:6 Hebrew Text Analysis

16. I Love An Atheist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thank you. I am sister, not brother. Is this SDA end times theology? I don't want to debate it here, just to be clear about what you are saying. Yes, I liked the older thread.

17. I Love An Atheist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  18. One Baptism

One Baptism Active Member

Sorry about that sister! :)

It is actually the Biblical end-times material, it is just that I have not had time to list out all of the other verses. For instance, history is repeating, Ecclesiastes 1:9, 3:15; Matthew 24:37-38; Luke 17:26, etc.

For instance, one can make a connection between Job 3:16 [H5309] and Genesis 6:4 [H5303], in matters of abortions [untimely births etc].

If you would like to hear the End-times views of the Seventh-day Adventist movement [which is again, just the sscripture [KJB] one], see the Great Controversy on Audio, here, and read the last chapters [1,29-42] - FREE GC Audio Book

You can also listen here on the Life of Christ, the Desire of Ages [at least listen to chapters, 74 [Gethsemane], 78 [Calvary], 79 [It is finished]] - Myers Media

Here is a quick rundown on the endtims events from Bible:

The Time Prophecis themselves in connection to the Investigative Judgment:

[1,290, AD 508 unto AD 1798]
    Daniel 12:11 KJB - "... a thousand two hundred and ninety days."

[1,335, AD 508 unto AD 1843/44]
    Daniel 12:12 KJB - "Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days."
    Revelation 14:13 KJB - "... Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth ..."

[70 Weeks, 62 + 7 + 1 [1/2 + 1/2], 457 BC unto AD 27 [Baptism], unto AD 31 [Cross], unto AD 34 [Stephen], then the remaining 1810, unto AD 1843/44]
    Daniel 9:24-27 KJB - Whole ...

[5 Anti-typical feast Months, AD 31-100, unto AD 1833/34, Day of Trumpets, from Pentecost; Leviticus 23; Woe 1, Woe 2 and Woe 3, encomapssing the whole 'Exodus', 'Wilderness' unto 'Canaan']
    Revelation 9:5 KJB - "... five months ..."
    Revelation 9:6 KJB - "... those days ..."
    Revelation 9:10 KJB - "... five months ..."
    Genesis 7:24 KJB - "... an hundred and fifty days ..."
    Genesis 8:3 KJB - "... end of the hundred and fifty days ..."
    Luke 1:24 KJB - ".... five months ..."

[1,260, 42 months, time, times and 1/2 time; AD 538 unto AD 1798]
    Daniel 7:25 KJB - "... a time and times and the dividing of time." ["wear out the saints"]
    Daniel 12:7 KJB - "... a time, times, and a half ..." ["scatter the power of the holy people"]
    Matthew 24:29 KJB - "... the tribulation of those days ..." [reference to Daniel]
    Mark 13:24 KJB - "...that tribulation ..." [reference to Daniel]
    Luke 21:24 KJB - "... the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled."
    Revelation 6:11 KJB - "... killed as they were ..." [two groups, past and future, see Rev. 20:4 KJB]
    Revelation 11:2 KJB - "... given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months."
    Revelation 11:3 KJB - "... a thousand two hundred and threescore days ..."
    Revelation 12:6 KJB - "... a thousand two hundred and threescore days."
    Revelation 12:14 KJB - "... a time, and times, and a half a time ..." ["persecuted", see vs 13]
    Revelation 13:5 KJB - " ... forty and two months." ["power" was given to "him" [1st [sea] Beast, Rev. 13]]

[Great Lisbon Earthquake, AD 1755, November 1]

Revelation 6:12 KJB - "... a great earthquake ..."

[Great Dark Day, AD 1780, May 19 - The Sun]
    Joel 2:10 KJB - "... the sun ... shall be dark ..."
    Joel 2:31 KJB - "The sun shall be turned into darkness ..."
    Matthew 24:29 KJB - "... shall the sun be darkened ..."
    Mark 13:24 KJB - "... the sun shall be darkened ..."
    Luke 21:25 KJB - "And there shall be signs in the sun ..."
    Acts 2:20 KJB - "The sun shall be turned into darkness ..."
    Revelation 6:12 KJB - "... and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair ..."

[Great Dark Day, AD 1780, May 19 - The Moon]
    Joel 2:10 KJB - "... and the moon shall be dark ..."
    Joel 2:31 KJB - "... and the moon into blood ..." [before the great and terrible day of the LORD come]
    Matthew 24:29 KJB - "... and the moon shall not give her light ..."
    Mark 13:24 KJB - "... and the moon shall not give her light,"
    Luke 21:25 KJB - "... and in the moon ..."
    Acts 2:20 KJB - "... and the moon into blood ..." [before that great and notable day of the Lord come]]
    Revelation 6:12 KJB - "... and the moon became as blood;"

[Reign of Terror, French Revolution, AD 1793 unto AD 1797/8; 'spiritually Egypt and Sodom', begin counting 50 years unto 1843/44, Jubilee, from 1798 begin countint 46 years, John 2:20 KJB]
    Revelation 11:9 KJB - "... three days and an half ..."
    Revelation 11:11 KJB - "... after three days and a half ..."

[Great Leonid Meteor Shower, AD 1833, November 13]
    Matthew 24:29 KJB - "... and the stars shall fall from heaven ..."
    Mark 13:25 KJB - "And the stars of heaven shall fall ..."
    Luke 21:25 KJB - "... and in the stars ..."
    Revelation 6:13 KJB - "And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth ..."

[Day of Atonement, AD 1844, October 22; 2,300 which began in 457 BC, Ezra 7, Daniel 9, etc ending in AD 1843/44]
    Daniel 8:14 KJB - "... Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed."
    Revelation 9:15 KJB - "... prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year ..." [Revelation 14:6-7; Leviticus 23:26-32; 1 Kings 8:2; Daniel 8:13,14,26, KJB etc]
    Revelation 10:6 KJB - "... that there should be time no longer ..." [no more prophetic time as a test]

Luke 21:25 KJB - "... and upon earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;"

Isaiah 13:7 KJB - "Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every man's heart shall melt:"
    Isaiah 13:8 KJB - "And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrow shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth ..."
    Luke 21:26 KJB - "Men's heart's failing them from fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth ..."

Isaiah 13:10 KJB - "For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine."
    Joel 2:10 KJB - "... and the stars shall withdraw their shining:"
    Joel 3:15 KJB - "The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining."

[The Close of probation for mankind in receiving and assimilating the Everlasting Gospel]

Daniel 12:1 KJB -"And at that time shall Michael stand up ... there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time ..."
    Luke 13:25 KJB - "When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without ..."
    Revelation 10:7 KJB - "In the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished ..."
    Revelation 22:11 KJB - "He that is unjust, let him be unjest still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still."

[7 Last plagues, Wrath of God poured out]
    Job 14:13 KJB - "... thy wrath ..."
    Revelation 11:18 KJB - "... and thy wrath is come ..." [Revelation 16:2-17 KJB]

[Final Events]

Jeremiah 25:30 KJB - "... The LORD shall roar from on high, and utter his voice from his holy habitation; he shall mightily roar upon his habitation; he shall give a shout, as they that tread the grapes, against all the inhabitants of the earth."
    Joel 2:11 KJB - "And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army ..."
    Joel 3:16 KJB - "The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, utter his voice from Jerusalem ..." [New Jerusalem in Heaven]

Joel 3:16 KJB - "... and the heavens and the earth shall shake ..."
    Mark 13:25 KJB - "... and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken."
    Luke 21:26 KJB - "... for the powers of heaven shall be shaken."
    Hebrews 12:26 KJB - "... I shake not the earth only, but also heaven:"

1 Kings 18:44 KJB - "... ariseth a little cloud out of the sea, like a man's hand ..."
    Matthew 24:30 KJB - "And then shall the appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven ..."

Revelation 6:14 KJB - "And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together ..."

Revelation 16:18 KJB - "... a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great."

Revelation 6:14 KJB - "... and every mountain and island were moved out of their places."
    Revelation 16:20 KJB - "And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found."

Matthew 24:30 KJB - "... and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory."
    Mark 13:26 KJB - "And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory."
    Luke 21:27 KJB - "And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and glory."
    Revelation 6:15 KJB - "And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every freeman, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;"

Glad you liked the other thread.

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Sabbath day keeping will NOT be part of the problem, nor will eating the meat and drink that the SDA sees as not for today!

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The results of the Demonic and Women having sexual encounters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.