1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How Wicked Were the People of Noah's Day? And Why No Detail?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by I Love An Atheist, May 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are indeed correct about this, as Ufo/Aliens religion is getting mainstreamed, and the culture seems to be getting molded into a mindset willing to accept the rapture as the spece brother yanking away those of us against the new World order coming!

2. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It also was used to reference sons of God in Heaven in Job, and also to speak towards the Heavenly Host in Genesis concerning God creating man.
    I think it can refer to either men of renowed or actual angelic beings, depending upon context.

3. Rockson

Rockson Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well however evil they were in the days of Noah it was enough for God to say enough is enough and pull the plug. I'm thinking we must be at that some place today and God is merely finishing off a few things before judgements as in Revelations begin to take place. Even if that's 10-20 years up ahead in a sense we're still right there with it soon to take place.

4. I Love An Atheist

I Love An Atheist Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The meaning of the word is "giant". After you go through a lot of verbiage you see that is the conclusion.

Nephilim

From the above link:

Sitchin assumes "nephilim" comes from the Hebrew word "naphal" which usually means "to fall." He then forces the meaning "to come down" onto the word, creating his "to come down from above" translation. In the form we find it in the Hebrew Bible, if the word nephilim came from Hebrew naphal, it would not be spelled as we find it. The form nephilim cannot mean "fallen ones" (the spelling would then be nephulim). Likewise nephilim does not mean "those who fall" or "those who fall away" (that would be nophelim). The only way in Hebrew to get nephilim from naphal by the rules of Hebrew morphology (word formation) would be to presume a noun spelled naphil and then pluralize it. I say "presume" since this noun does not exist in biblical Hebrew -- unless one counts Genesis 6:4 and Numbers 13:33, the two occurrences of nephilim -- but that would then be assuming what one is trying to prove! However, in Aramaic the noun naphil(a) does exist. It means "giant," making it easy to see why the Septuagint (the ancient Greek translation of the Hebrew Bible) translated nephilim as gigantes ("giant").

5. I Love An Atheist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Giants in the Old Testament

The Bible describes many individuals as giants, and it also mentions several giant people groups. Interpreters have speculated about the size of these people with guesses ranging anywhere from 6 feet to more than 30 feet in height. Also, a great deal of misinformation about biblical giants has been proliferated on the Internet along with some fake pictures of supposed giants. So did these giants really exist? If so, how big were they?

This article surveys all of the individuals and people groups described as giants in Scripture. Next, some ancient records and archaeological data that corroborate some of the biblical data will be examined. The article concludes with a study of how big these people could have been based on what we currently understand about genetics and biology.

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My pastor thinks that some of those creatures were the ones that over time became known in history as Heros of myth...

7. One Baptism

One Baptism Active Member

There is your foundational problem.

8. One Baptism

One Baptism Active Member

Luke 17:28 KJB - Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;

9. I Love An Atheist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It reads to me like it is part of a series of statements that make the point that what happens, will happen suddenly, while people are going about their everyday lives.

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That I have a thinking Pastor, whose has 2 earned Phds?

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sabbath day keeping, what to eat and drink NOT part of the problem!@

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Baptist 1 trying to tie into that people not keeping the Sat Sabbath and eating things like pork is an issue in last says, as SDA forbids anything like Sunday worship, or eating all things!

13. I Love An Atheist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I know that. I used to live in Southwestern Michigan. SDAs own a few health food stores around the small towns there. Berrien Springs has Andrews University, an SDA university. It's a nice town with a nice health food store and an international, vegetarian deli.

I've shopped in the SDA owned health food stores dozens of times. Apple Valley in Berrien Springs was always a fun place to shop. The bakery and the deli are creative and unusual.

Don't worry, I doubt if anybody reading this thread will suddenly stop eating meat or suddenly start attending church on Saturday instead of Sunday.

The thread is up to 7 pages. If you want to discuss this topic of SDA beliefs at length, maybe it should be a new thread.

I still liked One Baptism's contributions in the older thread about the lines of godly and ungodly men before the flood.

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why though do both peter and jude tie this into fallen angels then?

15. I Love An Atheist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Links to verses?

16. I Love An Atheist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I want to see the specific verses, but fallen angels are demons. Demon worship is what idolatry really is. Cain's line likely originated idolatry, with a little help from demons. No infernal matings necessary. Why search for an exotic explanation if a simple explanation suffices?

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jude 6-7

18. I Love An Atheist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  19. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning
    This thread will be closed sometime after 2 AM Pacific.

20. I Love An Atheist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.