1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hurricane Irene

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Winman, Aug 28, 2011.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

While our own yard and neighbors fared really well, Long Island didn't. We still have about 75% of the people in our town without power. Businesses are closed, trees are in the roads making them impassible and MANY homes were flooded. I'm SURE that areas in NY will be declared a disaster area without question.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yep: Declare it a disaster area: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nat...-disaster-area-irene-brings-fresh-floods.html

3. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In a sense it was hyped up because of the damage that it can afflict. In the northeast it did inflict that havoc. Down here we get it hyped up as soon as it gets within 7 days of possible landfall.

I used to hate that hype because they just never hit us. Then came 2005 when we had 4 hurricanes criss cross Florida. Our area had lots of rain and wind, but a town 75 miles from us had the eye of 2 hurricanes go over it.

I don't mind the hype now.

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. Were the people who are so critical now happy with Katrina? I doubt it. I expect they were screaming their heads off ... except for the Bush hyper-apologists.

If an error is to be made it is better to make it on the side of safety!