1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured I and the Father are one

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by SavedByGrace, Oct 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He was God in a Human flesh body!

2. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is 100% God and 100% Man, but without any sinfulness in His human nature.

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, as due to the Virgin birth, had sinless humanity, same as adam when created!

4. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    that is a tough one!

5. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. John 1:1,2 Spirit the God. God, a Spirit ------------- Essence

Before the foundation of the World, Christ as of a lamb, without blemish and without spot, is going to shed his precious blood for redemption. One might ask here; Why his blood? Redemption from what? One might also ask why, before the foundation of the world, there is going to be a need for redemption?

Is that going to require a change of essence of? Transliteration; 'elohiym A Plural God

Before the foundation of the world, what will be the means by which 'elohiym will; destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; Heb 2:14

BTFOTW Will that, change of essence, require a woman taken from man, a virgin woman?

Can any of that be carried out with out a change of essence in 'elohiym ?

Will the change of essence be called the Son of the Most High?

I will become who I will become. Ex 3:14 ----- 'elohiym ?

6. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one ever said "Big boss!" Y1 just makes up absurdity and fiction and posts it non-stop. God the Son took direction from God the Father before the incarnation, thus operated in subordination.

The is trinity doctrine 101 yet we have multiple deniers of Hebrews 1:2, and John 1:3 where God the Son accomplished the purpose of the Father.

7. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am sure you had some point in this post, but you refuse to say what it is.

Here is what I said: Divine essence refers to God's god-like characteristics. God is spirit. God is love. God is eternal. God is immutable - His character and attributes never change. God is all powerful (omnipotent). God is just. God is merciful. Certainly God the Son and the Holy Spirit are equal to God the Father in these divine attributes.

In all of these "divine essence" characteristics, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are equal.

If you dispute the above, you need to identify what you think is wrong.

8. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is incorrect. The Hebrew, "’Ehyeh ’ăsher ’ehyeh", is best rendered into English as "I am Who I am". The Vulgate, sum qui sum, has absolute exactness, "I am Who I am". The Greek OT, LXX, has it, "Ἐγώ εἰμι ὁ ὤν", which is, "I am the Eternal One", which is exactly what the Hebrew says. According to the DSS Bible, the Hebrew is translated, "I am that I am". Jewish translations of this verse read, “and God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM…I AM hath sent me unto you” (Dr A Benisch; Jewish School and Family Bible, Vol.II). “And God said unto Moses: ‘I AM THAT I AM’… I AM hath sent me unto you.’.’”
    (The Holy Scriptures According to the Masoretic Text, A New Translation. The Jewish Publication Society of America. 5677-1917)

Some have changed "I am Who I am", so that it no longer can be used to show what Jesus means when He says in John 8:58, "ειπεν αυτοις ο ιησους αμην αμην λεγω υμιν πριν αβρααμ γενεσθαι εγω ειμι". (Jesus said to them, Truly, truly, I say to you, Before Abraham came to be, I AM).

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The members of the Trinity are in absolute unity, so how can one be over the others?

10. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    100% coequal!

11. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Y1 denies God the Son takes direction from God the Father. He may be so unstudied he does not know there are over a half dozen verses that say or indicate God the Son carries out the will of God the Father.

John 6:27, John 6:40, John 6:57, John 8:28, John 15:26, John 16:26, Galatians 1:4, and Revelation 3:5.

12. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    any such verses from the OT, for the Pre-Incartional Lord? You are giving as proof texts that are Post-Incarnation, when Jesus Himself said during which time, as The Servant of the Lord, He did place Himself in subjection to the Father. Read Philippians 2:5-11 for some insight.

13. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL SBG, I provided Hebrews 1:2 and John 1:3 where God the Son took direction from the Father in the making of the world.
    Y1 denied God the Son took direction from the Father, thus operating under the Father. If you can't follow along, please do not post about insight.

14. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    it is obvious that you don't get your "theolgy" from the Bible! The verses that you give do NOT support what you believe, if you think they do, then lets hear it!

15. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On and on, denial after denial. The world was made through God the Son. Therefore the world was made according to the direction of the Father. God the Son provided the means by which God the Father's purpose was fulfilled.

16. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    you at least make me LAUGH!!! :Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Laugh:Laugh:Laugh:Laugh:Laugh:Laugh:Laugh:Laugh:Laugh

17. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Deflection but no rebuttal. God the Son operated in subordination to God the Father before the incarnation, Hebrews 1:2 and John 1:3.

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isaiah 53, as the Suffering Servant of Yahweh, would make it clear was something experienced by Jesus just for that particular time and purpose!

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How is being the Creator operating under the Father?

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    as an equal partner, not as a subordinate!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.