1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured I have changed my mind about Police

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Reynolds, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was going to go with their NAZI uniforms... but dogs with bite works better

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Long as the opioid epidemic exists, the cops are gonna have more power. i've noticed the swings over the years, to American cops almost having gestapo-like authority to the cops insteada the croox being handcuffed.

The cure starts with the elimination of the "revolving-door justice system".

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another unfortunate rule many cops must follow - they're not allowed to witness on the job to even their fellor cops in behalf of any religious belief or system.

4. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The believer cannot help but be a witness. Not all light is verbal, but character, temperament, ...

Acts 4 says that when they saw the boldness, the courage, they took note that these had been with Jesus.

No doubt Peter and John were speaking, but the character was what drew the authorities to conclude Peter and John's allegiance.

I understand the discomfort of not being allowed to speak and share. Been in similar restrictive settings.

But then, I don't want police saying allah Akbar eithe, so all must be unspoken.

5. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

6. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, the courts have been very consistent that public employees do not check their 1st Amendment rights at the office door.

Not allowing them to witness when the courts have confirmed their right to do so sounds like a massive civil rights lawsuit to me.

7. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin

Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't like the state troopers, or ATF.

State Troopers I don't like because there's no accountability, they're appointed. They ain't elected like a Sheriff, or Police Commissioner if you're in a big town and they're always just a pain in the butt. I respect they put their lives on the line, but I don't like their practices. They do these roadblocks out where I live for no darn reason. I have half a mind to turn around and make 'em pull me over just to waste their time like they're wastin' mine.

I don't like the ATF because they raid shine stills. Those folks that run that stuff ain't doing no more than feeding their families by hard work rather than going on welfare. I respect that. And the ATF would rather have them 'ol boys on welfare than working hard to feed for their families whilst skipping taxes.

I love and respect Sheriff's/Deputies because they're accountable to the People and they know locals. I respect city cops because they're accountable to the Commissioner who is elected or at least appointed by the elected mayor. They also know the locals in their area I suppose, which is great. Policing ought to be like the Andy Griffith show, not like 1984.