1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured I hold to these points of Calvinism (by the number of)

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Salty, Oct 18, 2022.

?
  1. 1

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  4. 4

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. 5

11 vote(s)
    55.0%
  6. None

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This should read: "How many points of scripture do you agree with?" Each of these points is a clear response to scripture alone and thus they are consistent.
    If one desires to deny scripture then one will deny these points and live with contradiction in their lives.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In your mind.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    In scripture, which is also in my mind.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good.

7. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is good. Scripture tells us we are corrupt by nature, God elected us without us meriting that election, Christ died for all whom the Father has given him, the elect cannot resist God's salvation so that they will not believe, and the elect will persevere to the end.
    These are all clearly taught in scripture and have been shown on countless threads in the BB for years now.
    To those who have ears that hear and eyes that see, this truth is blessed comfort.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your commontaty on Scriptures not being cited here.

9. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suggest you thoroughly read Romans and then tell me I am wrong, or would you demand I quote the entire letter here for you as proof?

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
  11. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That you are wrong about what? You are wrong on some things. Depends on a specific issue and whether it is dealt with in Romans.

12. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    This has already been addressed with you in numerous threads. You have looked for ways out and around. You refuse to see or hear. So be it.

13. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I used to be a regular supporter of the BBN (Listen to BBN now!) until they broadcasted John Calvin as someone who was a “great Christian” (Stories of Great Christians | moodyaudio.com). I contacted BBN and told then that I couldn’t send in my regular donations because of it. I wrote to them reminding them that John Calvin had Michael Servetus executed and then would go on to say…

"Whoever shall maintain that wrong is done to heretics and blasphemers in punishing them makes himself an accomplice in their crime and guilty as they are. There is no question here of man's authority; it is God who speaks, and clear it is what law he will have kept in the church, even to the end of the world. Wherefore does he demand of us a so extreme severity, if not to show us that due honor is not paid him, so long as we set not his service above every human consideration, so that we spare not kin, nor blood of any, and forget all humanity when the matter is to combat for His glory." - John Calvin

And some other quotes challenging the Calvin guy…

Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy. - Revelation 3:4

Did John Calvin defile his garments in toasting Michael Servetus?

“Neither God nor his Spirit have counselled such an action. Christ did not treat those who negated him that way.” - Italian poet Camillo Renato on the Servetus execution

“To kill a man is not to protect a doctrine, but it is to kill a man.” - French humanist Sébastien Chateillon on the Servetus execution

“I consider it a serious matter to kill men because they are in error on some question of scriptural interpretation, when we know that even the elect ones may be led astray into error.” - Michael Servetus

In 1908 a monument to Servetus was erected in the French city of Annemasse, some three miles [5 km] from the spot where he died. An inscription reads: “Michel Servetus, . . . geographer, physician, physiologist, contributed to the welfare of humanity by his scientific discoveries, his devotion to the sick and the poor, and the indomitable independence of his intelligence and his conscience. . . . His convictions were invincible. He made a sacrifice of his life for the cause of the truth.”

14. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are claiming nothing of any meaning.

15. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Indeed, to you, there is no meaning. You, therefore, prove my point.

16. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    So... what's the problem? Do you discount Romans 13?

17. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suppose. Your undefined point. Undefinded it can mean anything you claim.

18. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    He could have quoted the whole Bible, but the truth remains…

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. - Romans 8:9

John Calvin did not live a Christ like life!

19. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    LETS STOP THIS BACK AND FORTH
    The OP is a POLL for the 5 points! - if you want to discuss specific issues
    Start a new thread!

and ROCKY - as far as supporting BBN
    Did you send a letter to Moody? It was their program?
    They are the ones you should contact about program content!

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    When we had a plating department in our facility I worked myself up to Lab Technician and worked under a chemist. This chemist was very smart and very good at math. When he laid out equations he did so in very neat handwriting and there would be much activity as he turned the results of an analysis into an addition. I would take his calculations and put them in the form of visual basic functions and sub procedures.

Of all the years I worked with this man I had one opportunity to witness to him. I made my presentation while he was analyzing adhesion under a microscope in which you could hear the sounds... Scratch, scratch, scratch! Scratch scratch, scratch! After my presentation he just continued to look under the microscope as if ignored everything I said so I just continued in my work. Then... The scratch scratch, scratching stopped! And he speaks!

"You know what I think it is?" He says while continuing to look under the microscope... "I think it is arrogance!"

And then, without taking his eyes off the microscope, he continues his work... Scratch, scratch, scratch! Scratch scratch, scratch! I did not reply but went about my work fearing in many cases he was right. It is so important to me that good conduct follows a man’s thinking. I took my dad to a buffet Sunday after church in which I met a retired Presbyterian preacher. I could sense I was talking to a wonderful man and we also had good conversation on the old Presbyterian preacher Bob Childress, “The man who moved a mountain.” If a man is going to make a Bible presentation, such as the five points, it is also important to me that a good life follows such a presentation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.