1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I wanna be a school superintendent!!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by annsni, Jun 8, 2011.

1. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

How much should a suprentendent make how about the 15 to 20% over the average income of all school district employees combined salaries. How about making the pensions private and if you change to a new school district you either roll over your pension, cash it in or let it ride but can't collect it until you actually retire. That is how the private sector works why not these over paid school administrators.

2. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The state has a $1.50/$100 (right around that amount) limit which doesn't include other local taxes which could push the rate into the $2.50/$100 range. Where we live it is a bit under the state limit. I'm not saying you don't have the right, just that comparing a superintendent to a garbage man is ridiculous.

Retirement in Texas is based on years of service plus age, once you reach the number, 85 I think, you get to retire, even if you're not retirement age. Here at least it is somewhat private, as teachers are not paying into Social Security but a state system for teachers that does travel with you regardless of the number of districts you work for in your teaching career. There is also an amount that allows for teachers to invest in a privately held annuity.

I think it odd that revmwc would hold up the private sector as a model to follow on retirement on the one hand, but want to cap what a superintendent would make on the other, which the private sector does not use for the most part. I'm sure there is some exception out there somewhere.

Do you want to follow this rule for veteran's as well? If it truly becomes their money in a private system, shouldn't they be allowed to do with it what they want? And why does someone only get to retire once in a lifetime?

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This sounds good to me.

Go2Church - Again, how much in school tax do you pay? I paid over $8,000 this year. That's a lot of moolah!

4. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

I'm jealous that you pay so much. :laugh:

5. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I'd pay that much for a decent school superintendent. No problem whatsoever.