1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ICE Ready to Deport Approximately 1M Illegal Aliens_Poll: Majority Support if Congress Won’t Act

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by kyredneck, Jul 7, 2019.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ditto. (and it's a fraction of those that have already gone through due process. They've been told to leave but they remain)

2. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Squire, you raise an important point. Many opposed the police-state travel restrictions imposed after 9/11. Now, citizens could be subject to more measures inappropriate for the law-abiding, though the Mueller Investigation suggests this is already a significant problem.

That someone could actually be wrongfully deported through such measures seems unlikely, except in cases of serious misidentification. But a person can already be arrested for something he had nothing to do with, even tried and convicted based on faulty witness testimony.

3. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    How many were and are ticked off about TSA? And they want to expand the same philosophy beyond the airports.

4. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not unsympathetic to the situation you describe, though the measure seems far more appropriate in this case. In the airports, they are targeting and inconveniencing everyone, sometimes seriously, hoping to prevent a possible terrorist.

However, here they are directly targeting definite illegals but may incidentally "catch" an innocent in the process. There is no good reason this should go beyond inconveniencing the occasional innocent, at least no more so than our system already inconveniences someone when searching for a criminal.

5. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My concern is the seeming glee that this news brought about.

6. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Understood. I'm sure I should be more ashamed of the way I feel concerning certain things in that regard, including the way Trump trolls the hate-filled fake news media who helped create him. God knows it is oh so hard to resist a Grinchish smile over their stealing their own antiChristmas.