1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If you criticized the Iraq war...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rbell, Mar 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, his lack of leadership was brought up, but it seemed the attention was put on Sara, that she had very little leadership, and even as Governor, it was only in a State of some 600 thousand (mind you, I did not intend to offend Alaska)

The whole campaign was based on change, other than health care, no specifics change was actually mentioned.

Exactly what does make a good leader

Salty

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

And I agree!

3. rbell

rbell Active Member

I agree with what many have said...this guy pretty much has demonstrated how not to lead in a situation:

-keeps the Congress out of the loop
    -can't coherently define the mission, objective, or end game
    -tells everyone when we're quitting (!), and what we're NOT doing (why tell our enemies our plan??)
    -doesn't realize how it looks to begin a military campaign while on vacation.

There's probably more, but that's a pretty representative list of non-leadership.

4. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I've got to admit the Libyan action is confusing and seems to lack a coherent strategy. Other than making weapons suppliers richer (them cruise missiles are expensive) it doesn't seem to have a plan for what's next. That is never a good strategy when engaging a country.

Also, for a President who is reportedly a bringer of peace he is current overseeing three separate theaters of military action and has expanded our involvement militarily across the world. So much for that Nobel Prize I guess...

This action just brings up way too many questions (why not another humanitarian bombing in another country) and lacks any good answers. Maybe it is another nail in his electoral coffin.

5. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

6. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Neither was Vietnam.

7. rbell

rbell Active Member

And, in more news, our Liar-in-chief keeps on keeping on...

There are apparently 2,200 US troops just off the coast of Libya. Now remember: There's "no way" they will be put in Libya on the ground. Obama said so. Here's a story about the ground troops that don't exist:

"No US ground forces in Libya...except these guys"--

http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot/262910/obama-no-us-forces-ground-libya-except-those-guys

They must be there to watch a soccer game.

Good grief, Obama...do you reckon you could slip up and tell the truth one time? What a piece of work you are...

8. rbell

rbell Active Member

Peggy Noonan absolutely nails it:

"The Speech Obama Hasn't Given:"
    (WALL_ST_JOURNAL_ARTICLE)

get 'em!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.