1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured If your going to pray... Include the name of Jesus

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by rockytopva, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Long as not a Gremlin!

2. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Never, and I repeat NEVER take it to a car wash... Don't say I didn't warn you!... Brother Glen:D

Meanwhile back at the OP

3. sheeptender

sheeptender New Member
    Site Supporter

By the Son , through the Spirit, unto the Father of Glory.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm glad to see you were paying attention... Brother Glen:Wink

#64 tyndale1946, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  5. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "in thy name" may be a subtle way to include GAOTU from our friends in the F&AM. This is an interesting study. This is not a sufficient sampling--but I have been in a church where those who prayed "In Thy Name" were also free and accepted masons. Some pastors were doing this as well. This may still be a thorn for SBC and others, especially south of Mason Dixon. Many have come out of it. It is kind of like getting out of racism.

One of the requirements of membership in F&AM is that the individual must believe in God. They parse this to include most any god, including far eastern polytheistic, pantheistic what evers. The GAOTU, Great Author of The Universe, the BIG G, also includes most any one's version of deity--without stepping on any one's religious comfort zone.

The problem is: many folk in Christendom are still having trouble with: Jesus claims to be I AM THAT I AM; which makes Jesus--- Jehovah on Mt. Sinai, also Elohim. This is what infuriated the Sanhedrin--he makes himself to be God--that's blasphemy--which is what Jesus was charged and convicted. If Jesus is not Jehovah, He is the greatest imposter ever foisted on mankind.

John 14:6 sets all of this on the straight and narrow. This is not very popular in an ecumenical world.

Off subject: Jehovah is not allah. People are still being killed about that one.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James