1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured I'm scratching my head on this one

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Squire Robertsson, Dec 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Archangel

The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, then, is it OK if I, for example, were to say "I don't think anyone who isn't a Calvinist is saved" or "non-Calvinism is evil?"

The Archangel

2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    DHK named a specific individual and said he was outside the bounds of orthodox Christianity and further claims that he runs afoul of James James 4:4.

DHK has indeed individualized charges that Dr.A.M. is unsaved as well as a whole group of people being wholly evil and falling under the curse of Galatians 1:8,9.

To say that DHK has over-stepped his bounds is putting it too lightly. And you have failed to live up to your duties as an adminstrator in not penalizing him for his conduct.

And Squire/Robert, --what gives you the right to have a dual membership when it is clearly against the rules and folks have been banned for that?

3. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

[​IMG]

4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you ever eaten ostrich meat? It's delicious. It tastes nothing like chicken though.

5. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Nope. But I would like to try it....

There's a lot of chickens on here....

6. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We butchered a goose once, it was delicious, the breast reminded me of very fine roast beef.

#26 kyredneck, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2014
  7. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some Quotes

Robert K. Fall (12/27/2010)
    "The Squire summed up our history nicely."

On 2/4/2011 DHK said :
    "...folks like you who broadbrush an entire camp of sincere, Bible-believing brethren like that."

On 3:2/2011 DHK said:
    "Do you shut your eyes to absolutely everything that has been posed, simply conclude that all IFB's are extremist, and broadbrush them all into one big group, in spite of what has been set before you?"

8. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On 10/29/2012 Robt. K. Fall submitted an article in post one.

In post 2 Squire said :"Thank you for this information."

Robt. K. Fall made post 4. Squire responded with "Interesting article, brother."

_
    Some deceit is certainly going on.

9. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    From 2010 and from 2012? As noted in another place, the Squire has well over 7,000 posts and has been a member since the board's inception. Robt joineed in 2010 and has less than 120, not exactly a power user.

10. The Archangel

The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So.... it would be OK for us to have multiple accounts as long as we use one sparingly????

[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]The Archangel[/SIZE]

11. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really! I could have some fun 'playing two ends against the middle' with a double here on the BB!

(but mind you it would only be 'good clean fun' with absolutely no hypocrisy or deception (nothing like a troll would do) and it would certainly only be used 'sparingly') :)

[add]

So what do you say Squire? You're an administrator, you have the authority, MAY I create for myself another persona if I promise to work no ill with it? It would add a whole other dimension to my participation here on the BB.

#31 kyredneck, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2014
  12. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    FWIW, I've been aware for quite some time of yet another prominent member who is held with much respect on the BB who has a double. I've scoped ALL of his double's posts with the sole intent to see how he uses it, and IMO, he causes no harm or contention with it. I think on the whole he just has some good clean fun with it. He has sent 'this double' to me via PM at least once before to collect intel on my motives before responding to me on a thread, which I find to be a little humorous. Why would such a prominent member held in such high regard be concerned with what li' ol' me is up to? Lol.

13. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I have had my salvation questioned routinely by those of Arminian persuasion but mostly by pre-trib-dispensationalists, Calvinist or non-Calvinist. Thankfully my Salvation is in the Hands of God not someone on this BB.

I believe in the Sovereignty of God. If God is not Sovereign He is not God. I believe in the Doctrines of Sovereign Election and Grace.

Calvin is not the author of the Doctrines of Sovereign Election and Grace; God is else they are false. I am not a Calvinist because Calvin held doctrines that I reject. Furthermore, I reject the idea that TULIP is the sum total of the Doctrines of Sovereign Election and Grace.

As I said above I believe in the Sovereignty of God, however, I believe that frequently people in discussing that Sovereignty or the Decrees of God go far beyond what Scripture reveals and certainly beyond understanding! Let God be God, if we could understand Him He would not be God. He graciously reveals to us what we need to know!

God through ehe Apostle Paul tells us:
    Romans 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

14. OldRegular

I knew I should not trust a hillbilly from Eastern Kentucky, specially one run out of Bloody Breathitt.:BangHead: Never again, never again!:smilewinkgrin:

15. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lol! It tweren' you I was referring to, you SC hillbilly transplant, but now I'm wondering just what kind of double you would create for yourself. Would he be as hardheaded as you are? That'd be a dead giveaway, he wouldn't last long!

16. OldRegular

I knowed it but jus culdnt "man up to it". :tear: I been in these peaceful:saint: flatlands too long to outsmart a feuden refugee from Bloody Breathitt!

17. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, that's one big leap you made, hillbilly to briar-hopper! Lol!

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh: sounds a little schizoid to me and that has to be diagnosed by a trained health care professional...lessen your one of them thar Christian Fundimentalists .....then its all "Sin" so Repent, Repent and Repent!:rolleyes:

19. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK.....ya got me...but ive put my devient self on ignore to suppress myself :laugh:

Can you guess? :laugh::laugh:

20. OldRegular

Okay Ky top that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.