Immigrant woman unveils Trump MAGA dress at Grammys

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Calminian, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And again, do you feel like the words you chose to let us know that fact were the best you could come up with?

2. Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am confused why seem so happy to copy the behavior of the man you claim to loathe.

Hard to take the high road when you're all in the gutter together.

3. InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought they did an adequate job of describing what I was seeing, yes.

4. Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You've turned into Zaac.

Two grown men tearing into some woman over her looks, and refusing to backtrack. Nope, doubling down instead. Acting in the exact manner that they decry in their "foe."

I reckon both of you guys need to go on ignore. I can't even fathom what you guys are thinking.

5. InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm thinking this woman modeling this MAGA dress isn't so hot.

In the mid-80's, the fiance (and subsequent wife) of my best friend from childhood was a beauty pageant contestant. I was the best man in his wedding; he was the best man in my wedding. I went to several of her contests. I have seen gorgeous women close up, in formal wear and in swimsuits. I learned what the judges look for and what they don't like to see.

At one of them I sat next to the judges table. If you think what I said was offensive, your head would explode if you heard some of the things these judges said about these ladies. And the things the contestants said about each other was downright cruel.

6. Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you would be wrong.

7. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wasn't copying, I was making a point....I kept saying "Disasta" for a good reason......did it not sink in, could you not see the similarity? Yes I loathe him....that's cause he is a pig, especially to women.

I see you have daughters, a lovely wife. Hopefully you still have a mother & maybe sisters. Go back and google that filthy commentary "Grab them by the P" and tell me if you could endure having Trump anywhere near you wife & kids? I certainly could not.

I didn't have a father growing up....he died when I was very young. Plus I had a Cerebral Palsy sister I took care of. The people who stuck around and kept me & my brother & sister alive were women. Today they are my heroes....so yes, I resent, deeply resent that degenerate. And I believe how you do one thing is how you do everything---and its proving itself out. Read about his treatment of his own CP Grandnephew, see his disgusting mocking of a man with Cerebral Palsy, see his countless personal attacks on his rivals, see his half cocked roll out of his Islamic ban, see Steve Bannon & Steve Miller's arrogance.....blah blah blah

What is it going to take you Rob before you guys wake up?!? PERFORMANCE is the only thing that counts....from a moral prospective, has he satisfied you....come on , really! Has he repented of his filthy ways, really?

8. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But you dont speak out against it. Please tell the guy what you think, what you feel, what you believe is wrong, what you believe is right.

Dissent & conflict are necessary to have someone think, review & finally gain understanding....without it there are only wrong decisions .....we should want to elicit dissent in order to synthesize our own viewpoints.

LOL....thanks for playing my brother.

9. Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This isn't your finest hour dude.

10. Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you referring to Trump or ITL? Because I've already explained to my daughters why I won't vote for that pig of a man and I'm pretty sure no one will accuse me of going along with Trump on this board.

11. Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For the record I agree with you on this one. Now what do you say you harness some of that outrage towards the guy that is making this type of behavior acceptable in this country on a National level.

12. InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, and somehow the hole I'm digging keeps getting deeper.

13. Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, but this is where you separate yourself from the others. Don't dig in. I think you are an analytical guy that believes what you are saying is logical but these things don't come across well and at the end of the day this is the kind of stuff you should rise above. Nothing good comes from this. You are alright.

14. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    sorry....I am bouncing around too much. BTW I agree with your diagnosis of Trump.

15. Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No worries. I feel just as passionately about him as you do.

16. Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Group of guys critiquing award-show fashions. Now I have seen it all.

17. Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread should be shut down.

18. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    DIAGNOSIS.......simple rules to live by! LOL

"Bedside manners is no substitute for the right diagnosis."

I like that... operate off of the force of facts not force of personality!

19. InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looking back on the thread in its entirety, I regret posting some of the things I did regarding this woman's appearance. Beauty is a subjective thing and I shouldn't have gone after this woman the way that I did. I apologize for being such a Neanderthal.

20. Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well, I for one forgive you, and yes, just because a woman's not your type doesn't mean she's ugly.

And, perhaps now, you can be a little for forgiving of Trump for some of his comments, especially ones from 15 years ago or so.

And if you really want to take this to the next level, admit you shouldn't have floated those rape stories. It was a low blow.