1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Infallible Word of God?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Salty, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Queen of heaven, mary?

2. ehbowen

ehbowen Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, her name is Jessica and she is the youngest of the seven spirits of God.

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trust me, she is not involved in and with heaven at all!

4. McCree79

McCree79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scripture support?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

5. ehbowen

ehbowen Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    When we had that two hour conversation one of the topics was her family. Her parents, plural; her six older sisters; and her one and only brother, the firstborn..."He runs the family business," she said.

6. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe ehbowen is a troll. Surely no one seriously believes his stated view of God. (His girlfriend? Really? :eek:) He's only mocking us. Don't feed the troll, folks. ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did she claim to he divine? The daughter of God? Did she use Scripture to prove her divinity. Did she demonstrate how she taught what the apostles taught?

8. ehbowen

ehbowen Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not mocking anyone. As I said, I'm not expecting you to believe me, only to believe that I do believe this. Now if in your private prayer time you want to ask, "Seriously, is there anything to what he's saying?" then I'd be interested to hear the final results. But I refuse to believe that God's answer to thirty-four years of persistent prayer coupled with unquestioned personal holiness and a heart devoted to seeking the things of God is to allow Satan to hold me captive to a delusion. If that's what you're selling...I'm not buying.

9. ehbowen

ehbowen Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    She did affirm positions in accordance with Christian beliefs and said that she was actively participating in a local church. She also said that her parents were Presbyterians; I'm sure that our Calvinists would love to hear that!

As far as proving her divinity, she has demonstrated to me that she transcends time. Back in 1980 when I was in high school, I had a summer job at the local Astroworld amusement park; I was the conductor on the "610 Limited" park train. There was a particular girl, apparently about 12 years old, who repeatedly came to the park and sat with me in the back of the train; we had several conversations. After the dream in 1999 when I learned who she really was, I had the impression that if I returned to Astroworld I would see her. I did see someone...not as I saw her in Orlando, but...it was that same girl from 1980, still apparently 12 years old. Hadn't aged a day. She waved at me and ran right by me, close enough to touch, then disappeared into the crowd.

While on that subject...also, in 1980, I was a photographer for the school newspaper. One day I was Downtown with a school camera to take some pictures. I went to a fairly dodgy area of town (Old Market Square) where I was accosted by two men who wanted to relieve me of my camera. I refused. They continued to threaten me, but then a Ford LTD pulled up at the curb and honked. The two assailants said, "I think he wants you," and faded away. I got in the car with the man, who was a very mild-mannered type who gave me a fatherly talking-to and said that he himself avoided that area of town, then dropped me off at my car. I was grateful, but didn't really think much more of it at the time.

Nineteen years later, again in 1999, I was working as a waiter in a restaurant (Pappa's Seafood). I had just completed my orientation and was starting my first night on my own as a waiter there. I was thinking that I'd really like to meet Jessica's parents, and issued an invitation in prayer for them to be my first customers. The first table which was seated didn't ring a bell at all, but the second table...it was the same man who had given me the ride in Downtown nineteen years earlier. Again, hadn't aged a day. The lady I described as the Mother was with him. They returned again, a few weeks later, and I had the chance to see them again. We didn't talk deep theology or anything...I'm waiting for the other side to "break the plane"...but I knew.

10. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How about if I just look in the Word of God for who God is, and the Holy Spirit, and Jesus Christ the Son of God? You are rejecting God's holy Word with your silly beliefs supposedly from your prayer life.

In my private prayer time I read the Word of God, and measure everything by it. I have done so for 55 years or more. Your bizarre beliefs fall far short.

11. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again....

"If anyone teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that accords with godliness, he is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing." 1 Tim 6:3-4a

Who's doctrine of God is in line with Paul?

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your dealing with either demonic activity on a Hugh scale, or else really need to have a medical intervention!

13. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Why waste time using terms that scripture and translations do not use. People have a hard enough time understanding the translation they read. I see the nonsense surrounding theses terms as a way of isolating themselves from others as though it is a political game and they are the PC police. If I preach the Bible and tell people what God breathed (inspired) means they will be reminded each time they read that in their Bible. I want them to know scripture and the God who is, not what the PC police say. What the PC police say is like a chameleon--ever changing to the conditions.