1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Infallible Word of God?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Salty, Jun 21, 2018.

1. ehbowen

ehbowen Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please excuse my lack of comprehension. The only question of yours which I saw directed to me was, "What kind of doctrine is that?" Well, there's no one label that I can use to answer that, and "doctrine" covers a pretty broad swath of ground. Can you be more specific?

If you're asking me about my views on the Godhead, it is this: The Father and the Son have already been revealed to us. The "Holy Spirit" is actually a corporate name for the eight distaff members of the divine Family: Jesus's heavenly Mother and his seven younger sisters, who are also known as the "seven spirits of God" in Revelation. They are distinct personalities, but at the same time it is absolutely correct to say that we worship One God because when they act and/or speak as God they do so in unanimity, in much the same way as a jury reaches a verdict. You may address any one of them and it is the same as if you are addressing all of them. You will never succeed in playing one of them off against another; they love each other too much.

Next question?

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are worshiping either Satan and not knowing it, or really need some medical intervention!

3. ehbowen

ehbowen Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you would have made an excellent first-century Pharisee.

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He must be following Benny hinn....

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jude commands us to earnestly contend for the one true faith delivered unto us in the scriptures, and your doctrines are those of demons!

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How and when were you saved?

7. ehbowen

ehbowen Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay. I get where you're coming from. I still think that my ideas come from interacting with, getting to know, and being led and encouraged by God Almighty. I'm willing to take a stand on that.

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The person that you call God is either non existent, a figment of your mind, or else is demonic!

9. ehbowen

ehbowen Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would you believe me if I told you?

Let's just see. Kingspoint Baptist Chapel, Vacation Bible School, Fuqua at Kingspoint, Wednesday, June 3rd, 1971. I was the first boy (there were a couple of girls first) baptized in the new sanctuary at 11100 Beamer Road in Houston about two weeks later.

Edit To Add: The minister was Rev. Charles W. Gossett.

10. ehbowen

ehbowen Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Be careful how you talk about my Girlfriend. She's a pretty phlegmatic personality most of the time, but you don't want to find yourself on the wrong end of Proverbs 1:20-33.

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your God does not exist, so i have nothing to fear!

12. McCree79

McCree79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are referring to God as your girlfriend now???

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

13. ehbowen

ehbowen Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, again...you'd better be right!

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where are some Mods, to stop this foolish person?

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am!

16. McCree79

McCree79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is the when. How about the how?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

17. ehbowen

ehbowen Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I met her, it was in the circumstance of having spent ten years in persistent prayer for the one girl that God knew was the right one for me to share my life with. I had had one dream in which I saw her face and heard someone say, "That's her!"...but nothing in what we call the "real world." I was getting a little desperate, and as I was preparing to go to the Southern Baptist Convention in Orlando, I was praying, "God, at least give me a glimpse, so I'll know who to pray for!"

As the week...first at the convention, followed by three days at Disney World...drew to a close, I hadn't had anything which could possibly qualify as a glimpse and I was feeling disappointed again. Then I went to the Animation Studio tour. She walked in a minute or so later. The two of us were the only ones in the room...seemed strange for a Saturday in June. We started talking, and after the show she came with me out into the park. It didn't take long at all before I knew, This is the one!

I wrote letters in care of the restaurant she said she worked at (she told me she was working a summer job there at the Magic Kingdom), and I was disappointed beyond measure when I didn't receive an immediate reply. I returned to praying. Five years later, though, she came to me in a dream and identified herself plainly enough. I haven't doubted since.

I don't think I'm wrong, but I will concede the theoretical possibility that I am mistaken and that she was not divine. Even in that case, though, I still feel that God is telling me that the girl I met in Orlando twenty-four years ago was the one right girl for me and that if I settle for anyone else I am accepting less than his best.

So, yes, I call her my Girlfriend. And I don't think she minds one bit.

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Was she a human girl, or God appearing to you as a woman?

19. ehbowen

ehbowen Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As Reverend Gossett was reciting the Gospel story during Vacation Bible school, he gave an invitation. He said, "Now, if any of you want to ask Jesus into your life..." and I said in my heart, "Of course I do!" I immediately felt something like an electric charge touch my spirit and I went out of that room knowing that I was a Christian...and told everyone in my family so and was the first one to walk the aisle that succeeding Sunday.

20. ehbowen

ehbowen Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    She was a girl and wouldn't have drawn a second glance on the street, but at the same time she was God in person. I saw her again six months later; she gave me a ride to the hospital when I suddenly fell ill on the far side of town. When I saw her in the dream though...that was a queen.