1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Intolerant to Refer to Unbelievers as "Sinners!"

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Jun 20, 2014.

?
  1. Yes ....

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No ....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Seriously doubt it, but, who knows?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No opinion!

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If this headline caught your attention, well, it should have .... because if the Washington Redskins mascot is the racist, intolerant rant and rage of the moment, how long will it be before the "Sinners" file a lawsuit to stop the church from referring to them in such a derogatory manner?

2. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think anyone who would think of it as a derogatory term doesn't really understood it's use, definition, or Christianity in general.

Personally I'm even careful of how I use it, to expressly avoid a misunderstanding in the first place. When I do, the emphasis is on everybody being a sinner, and it's my sin that comes to mind first because I'm as much a sinner as anybody.

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Everyone sins so everyone is a sinner.

4. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

In this world, who knows? Part of me thinks the word "sinner" will eventually become a demeaning word such as other words degrading other etnicities.

A sinner is a sinner, and there's no getting around it. A homosexual is a sinner, yet some do not consider it(gay lifestyle) sin. So it may eventually become slander if you call someone a sinner.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    --
    Starting to happen in England and in Canada

But you did not answer the question.

Of course some will take it as (sin) a derogatory term - but that does not mean it is not the truth.

PC is going a bit too far. Here in NY, the State govt wants to outlaw the use of the term "handicap".