1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Invite Jesus Into Your Heart?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by thatbrian, Mar 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hear what you are saying Bob but we have to agree to disagree... Like that's not a first on here:rolleyes:... Brother Glen:)

2. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From the pulpit of Charles Spurgeon:

Calvin College - Spurgeon's Sermons 1887

"Remove your spiritual hunger by receiving Jesus into your heart. This is the food of which, if a man eats, he shall live forever! Be filled with all the fullness of God as you now receive the Lord Jesus as God and Man. 'You are complete in Him.' You are 'perfect in Jesus Christ.' Can you say of Him—'He is all my salvation and all my desire'? 'Christ is all and in all.' Do not merely learn this lesson as a doctrine, but enjoy it as a personal experience."

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    monergism.com/new-years-guest-john-112

"The King of Glory in a sinner’s bosom? This is a miracle of Divine Grace, yet the manner of it is simple enough. A humble, repenting faith opens the door and Jesus enters the heart at once. Love shuts the door with the hand of Penitence and holy Watchfulness keeps out intruders. Thus is the promise made good, 'If any man hears My voice, and opens the door, I will come in to him and will sup with him, and he with Me.'"

"He never dwelt in angels, but He resides in a contrite spirit! There is a world of meaning in the Redeemer’s words, 'I in them.' May we know them as Paul translates them, 'Christ in you, the hope of glory.'"

4. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Admit the Lord into your heart, and the limping of your unbelief will be exchanged for the reapings of faith. Then shall you see those things to which your heart has long been blind. Let him in! Let him in! Believe on him, and trust him, and so let him into your heart, and you shall find him the physician of your soul." —Charles Spurgeon, "Hosanna!"

archive.spurgeon.org/sermons/2196.php

5. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning
    This thread will be closed sometime after 6 PM Pacific.

6. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    archive.spurgeon.org/sermons/1826.php

"Unless you have Christ in your heart, a profession is but a painted pageantry for a soul to go to hell in....'No,' says one, 'but I do not trust in mere profession. I have great reliance upon orthodoxy...confidence...in my sound doctrine." That is not mine, friend, and I hope that it will not be yours long, for many lost souls have firmly believed orthodox doctrine." —Charles Spurgeon

7. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In Charles' own words:

“It is no novelty, then, that I am preaching; no new doctrine. I love to proclaim these strong old doctrines, that are called by nickname Calvinism, but which are surely and verily the revealed truth of God as it is in Christ Jesus.” —Charles Spurgeon

Total Depravity

If God requires of the sinner, dead in sin, that he should take the first step, then he requires just that which renders salvation as impossible under the gospel as it was under the law, since man is as unable to believe as he is to obey.” —Charles Spurgeon

Unconditional Election

Whatever may be said about the doctrine of election, it is written in the Word of God as with an iron pen, and there is no getting rid of it.” —Charles Spurgeon

Definite Atonement

A redemption which pays a price, but does not ensure that which is purchased—a redemption which calls Christ a substitute for the sinner, but yet which allows the person to suffer—is altogether unworthy of our apprehensions of Almighty God.” —Charles Spurgeon

Irresistible Grace

Difficulty is not a word to be found in the dictionary of heaven. Nothing can be impossible with God. The swearing reprobate, whose mouth is blackened with profanity, whose heart is a very hell, and his life like the reeking flames of the bottomless pit—such a man, if the Lord but looks on him and makes bare His arm of irresistible grace, shall yet praise God and bless His name and live to His honor.” —Charles Spurgeon

Preserving Grace

I must confess that the doctrine of the final preservation of the saints was a bait that my soul could not resist. I thought it was a sort of life insurance—an insurance of my character, an insurance of my soul, an insurance of my eternal destiny. I knew that I could not keep myself, but if Christ promised to keep me, then I should be safe for ever; and I longed and prayed to find Christ, because I knew that, if I found Him, He would not give me a temporary and trumpery salvation, such as some preach, but eternal life which could never be lost.” —Charles Spurgeon

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like I've always said since I've been on this board... IT'S ALL OF CHRIST and none of me!... And Charlie and I totally agree... Brother Glen:)

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    this thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.