1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Iraqi refugee arrested for bombing Arizona Social Security office with IED, media si

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    UPDATED (8:25p EDT): I just spoke again with my contact in the FBI Phoenix field office (who is not authorized to speak on behalf of the FBI office) that it is highly unlikely that Aldosary will be charged with any terrorism offense. While they are internally treating it like a domestic terrorism investigation, including looking at if he had any help constructing the explosive device, the FBI is saying very little and and will prosecute this as a simple explosives and arson case because of “the political sensitivities involved”.

Original Post: The typically quiet town of Casa Grande, Arizona was rocked by an explosion at the local Social Security Administration office early Friday morning by what appears to an improvised explosive device (IED). No one was hurt in the explosion, which occurred shortly before the office was scheduled to open. The explosion was reportedly heard and felt all over the area.

While the little town of Casa Grande and the nearby Phoenix area is talking about the incident, virtually no one else is. In fact, the only reason I was following the story is because I’m presently in the area and saw the initial reports on the explosion and continued to look into it .

Within 90 minutes of the explosion police had a suspect in custody. But you wouldn’t know it from reading the establishment media reports this past weekend. One reason might be the suspect is 47 year-old Abdullatif Aldosary of Coolidge, AZ, an Iraqi refugee.

On Friday, federal agents served a search warrant on his home. Aldosary has been on the radar of the Department of Homeland Security for at least the past couple of years.

Late Sunday afternoon, I confirmed with a source at the Phoenix FBI office that the case is being investigated as an act of domestic terrorism. The source said that Aldosary is expected to be charged with a host of federal and state explosives and arson charges. (See update above.)

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/12/02/iraqi-refugee-arrested-for-bombing-arizona-social-security-office-with-ied-media-silence-ensues/?fb_action_ids=516673965019218&fb_action_types=og.recommends&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map={%22516673965019218%22%3A492807594097405}&action_type_map={%22516673965019218%22%3A%22og.recommends%22}&action_ref_map

2. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Did a search on Abdullatif Aldosary. There's local coverage.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...sa-grande-explosion-at-social-security-office

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/50044620

Nothing on the first 3 pages of search indicates any national coverage.

As said in the link you provided, if this had been a "right winger" (my words) bombing, it probably would have been the lead story or close to it on the evening news. Along with more calls for tighter controls on same.

A comment from a site called: Jihad Watch
    (I don't know anything about this site, other than it turned up on this search. Thus, take with a grain of salt.)

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This Shouldn't Surprise Any of Us....

...there has been an up tick in explosions around the country. ALL have been blamed on failing infrastructure.

And the stories reported are only the ones large enough to not be swept under the carpet.

Could American be under attack? Sometimes I have to wonder. I know that when I worked with the state of California, my office was connected to the DOJ. We had many, many things [warnings, etc.] pass our desks, and we were told not to to divulge the info as it was HIGHLY PRIVATE, and it could cause mass panic among the general population.

Our job was to remain silent in order not to cause mass hysteria which would cause people to live in fear. Well, I for one, and my staff, had a certain amount of trepidation with some of the things we were privy to! :tear:

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course. And Obama thinks she should be attacked. Despite his lies in an attempt to distance himself from Wright, he wants America damned.

5. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Nothing I've seen so far indicates that he thinks otherwise.

For some reason this thread brings to mind the flap over a "Christian" Christmas the first year that the Obama's were in the White House. If memory serves, the first lady wanted Christ left out of her decorating plans.

Back to the point. In another thread there's a picture of Obama leading sheep. Do you think he's going to do anything that might frighten and scatter the flock as he leads them to his choice of destination? He has his media guard dogs well trained to help him prevent that from happening.