1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IRS targets church political message

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mike Naranjo pastors Rock Christian Fellowship, which uses a marquee outside of the church building to display messages to passersby. This being an election year, Naranjo put two large pictures on the sign, one of an aborted baby and the second of a healthy baby. He then put three pro-abortion candidates' names under the picture of the aborted baby and three pro-life candidates' names under the picture of the healthy baby. "We put the last names of the candidates -- Obama -- that are pro-choice. And then on the other side we put the picture of a healthy baby and the last names of McCain and the other candidates that are pro-life," he explains. http://www.onenewsnow.com/Legal/Default.aspx?id=305202

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

In the article, I don't see that the IRS has targeted the church but that they were reported to the IRS. Honestly, I don't see how the IRS can do anything about this. They did not pick a political candidate - just gave facts. There should be no issue here.

3. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Let's hope and pray that you're right.
    Still this publishing may be take as an intimidating warning to others.:tear:

4. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I agree! I don't see how this church has broken any laws, just presented the truth.