1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is access to health care a basic human right: or a privilege?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Jul 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Most tort reform proposals aim to reduce the number and payout sizes for medical malpractice suits using legislative means. One way to look at that is the government interfering with a "free market" in the legal world to determine which suits have merit and how much compensation should be given.

I have admitted in my first posts how all systems have their pros and cons and can be improved. I think more privatization will help with the wait times issues in canada and the U.K. In Australia, the current Liberal administration (which is the right wing party - don't get me started) is trying to privatize more and more of the public system. While I can see the benefit of some of these changes, especially with regard to trying to manage costs, it can get to a point where it threatens the universality of medical care. I think there is a healthy debate on this issue in the country.

I haven't really suggested any ways to change the us system. I just highlighted some of the problems I see and ask what private options exist to improve them and question how viable those options are.

I would think all of us want to improve our health care systems and sometimes the best way is to see what has worked and hasn't worked in the past or in other places. Sometimes it is being open to completely different ways of doing health care.

#141 Gold Dragon, Jul 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I say a non government resolution what I means is not having the tax payers pay endlessly into other people's health care. That is never a workable solution.

3. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    sigh, there is no privilege. Everyone faces discrimination and everyone faces difficulties.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting that all other industrialized nations and many 3rd world countries have found a solution but mighty America cannot. Doesn't that tell you something? The problem is with those that have opposed a different approach (the GOP and the big money) and with the large companies with an interest in not improving our current morass. BTW, there are no fascist elements in Obamacare. if you believe that then you have to argue that the UK, Germany, France, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, etc. are all fascist countries.

5. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It works for other countries.

6. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're supporting what has proven to be a failed system. I'm advocating what has been demonstrated to work in all. of the developed world except here.Name-calling is not an answer.

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No it doesn't

8. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Fair enough. Maybe we can continue this discussion in another thread when this one closes.

My other point stands though. How can you tackle all the reasons that make health care expensive and people poor to deliver an affordable health care system sometime this millennia with privately funded health care and (if I understand you correctly) temporary public funding until the poor can somehow become unpoor by trying harder not to be poor.

9. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.