1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Carl Sagan's Cosmos Fake Science? Implications?

Discussion in 'Creation vs. Evolution' started by Pastor Tim S, Feb 22, 2020.

1. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obviously I am here to spread the great truth of Wikipedia to all mankind lurking the Internet. :Wink Yeah, in case you weren't sure, that was sarcasm.

But for those that want to know, astrophysicists can and do believe in God and Jesus. BTW, Reasons to Believe is a Christian apologetics outreach founded by an astrophysicist named Hugh Ross.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Years ago, I sent a letter to Sagan proving evolution is incorrect. he didn't bother to reply, likely because I'm a nobody to scientists, and his mind was made up that evolution is true.

I hope he came to Jesus before he passed.

3. Just_Ahead

Just_Ahead Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not an astrophysicist.

However, I am both a Christian and a backyard amateur astronomer. I recommend everyone go outside and observe the night sky.

Seek him that maketh the seven stars and Orion, and turneth the shadow of death into the morning, and maketh the day dark with night: that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the face of the earth: The Lord is his name:

Amos 5:8 (KJV)

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thoroughly enjoyed summer nights that I got to spend at my grandma’s farm as a kid and being able to see the sky full of stars.

5. MartyF

MartyF Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If, on the surface, your questions are nonsensibly stupid and pointless, then yes, you need to explain them.

6. Nonsequitur010

Nonsequitur010 New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Carl Sagan was an athiest.....God does not allow sin in His presence.....therefore he burns in Hell...Hades...the Underworld...whatever.......

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The universe is an illusion compared to what most people think of it as substantial like earth is, a sophisticated construct like computer simulation hologram, artificial, a projection, this is quite a possibility, the universe is 2D and flat.

So then temporary, God will turn it off like a switch, change it like He is changing raiment, The old earth and heavens flees away, is gone, when the great white throne judgement commences and after He creates a new one.

Theory claims to offer the first 'evidence' our Universe is a hologram

8. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The stars also are not what the science of man says they are.
    Matthew 24:29
    The Coming of the Son of Man
    “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

Mark 13:25
    the stars of heaven will fall, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken.

Revelation 6:13
    And the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as a fig tree drops its late figs when it is shaken by a mighty wind.

9. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is science, and there is cosmology, and there is a wide gulf between them. No lie is good science.

10. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest, And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem. And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
    who before was speaking evil, and persecuting, and insulting, but I found kindness, because, being ignorant, I did it in unbelief,

Did God make it possible or did Paul make it possible? Why was it made possible? Did Paul change his mind and decide he wanted to go to work for the Lord?

Maybe we should ask the potter.

11. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why did God, save Paul?