1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is God Unjust if Arminianism is true?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by thatbrian, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does He judge sinners, and have them in Hell then? Does He judge whether one has Jesus as Messiah, or Allah or Buddah?
    Does your God judge at all?

2. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

God will Judge. Doesn't mean he has made any judgment already. Name one person in hell right now if I am wrong.

You guys are trying to run around and loophole the command of God.

What GOD COMMANDS is exactly what he wants.

The argument here is Calvinist claim GOD wants to damn people and wants them to perish.

I'm telling you the command of God is what he wants, that is why it is the command of God it is not the suggestion of God, the option of God, THIS IS THE COMMAND OF GOD that no one sins, IE. That no one perishes or settle for damnation.

Whether people do or don't do what God commands is not the argument, whether people go to heaven or hell is not the argument.

We are stating his character, his desire, his wants. He wants no one in hell period to be in hell is an active sin against God. And anyone who think mankind deserves hell is the worst sinner because it means they think we deserve to sin against God.

God has made a command and folks here have not accepted it.

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    These people in heaven describe God;They praise Him for judging sin;
    Revelation 19King James Version (KJV)
    19 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:

2 For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.

3 And again they said, Alleluia And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.

4 And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.

5 And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.

6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

lk16;
    22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

#23 Iconoclast, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who ever rejects Jesus to save them will be in hell, correct?

5. utilyan

Site Supporter

Matthew 25

31“But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. 32“All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; 33and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.

34“Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35‘For I was hungry, and you gave Me somethingto eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ 37“Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? 38‘And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You?39‘When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40“The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’

41“Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; 42for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; 43I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.’ 44“Then they themselves also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?’ 45“Then He will answer them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46“These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

6. utilyan

Site Supporter

You keep running to a straw-man.

I'm telling you the command of God is what he wants, that is why it is the command of God it is not the suggestion of God, the option of God, THIS IS THE COMMAND OF GOD that no one sins, IE. That no one perishes or settle for damnation.

Whether people do or don't do what God commands is not the argument, whether people go to heaven or hell is not the argument.

The problem here is your denial of God's command. You say God wants people to perish. God never says it.

God commands no one to sin.

7. utilyan

Site Supporter

I show the command of God is that no one sins.

Ezekiel 18

23“Do I have any pleasure in the death of the wicked,” declares the Lord GOD, “rather than that he should turn from his ways and live?

You two have not provided any scripture that states God takes pleasure, desire or wants anyone to perish.

What you state is unbiblical.

8. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The fact that God takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked does not mean that there will be any hesitation in God justly casting them into eternal torment.

9. utilyan

Site Supporter

Not a matter of hesitation. Hell is locked from the inside.

Look the bible can say everyone goes to hell GUARANTEED.

That doesn't mean God wants anyone to perish or go to hell.

Now I have provided scripture that flat out tells you its not his pleasure.

You have provided ZERO stating otherwise, the sick part is........you wish it did. No christian does that.

John 13

35“By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The judgment of the biblical God is perfectly righteous as the saints in Rev.19 proclaim with a loud voice...does the biblical God disturb you friend?

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Except that God intends to save only the sinners whom he willed the death of jesus to atone for!

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God does not love all equally though, as he loves all humans being His creation, but loves in a saving fashion His Covenant people!

13. utilyan

Site Supporter

No, amen to scriptures. What disturbs me is you putting words into God's mouth.

The one disturbed by scripture is you, which is why you add fake things don't exist.

We can only guess your motivation is the most common one, You got yourself a license to sin so you can continue with your sinning.

14. utilyan

Site Supporter

Scripture can say God absolutely hates everyone, and everyone is guaranteed to go to hell.

Please read the above line twice and very slowly, let that sink in first.

Those 2 facts STILL would not equate to God WANTING and DESIRING people to PERISH.

That is the LIE being said I want corrected.

He said scripture says God WANTS and DESIRES people to go to hell.

WELL THEN CITE THE SCRIPTURE.

There is no scripture that states this that is a LIE.

He keeps trying to change the subject because he knows he LIED.

15. SheepWhisperer

SheepWhisperer Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Being that "Arminianism" presents a salvation which depends on works and which you can "lose" to [Edited] who may revoke your salvation, yes, [Edited] limited in love.

Likewise, Calvinism's [Edited] is also limited in love. A very limited and [Edited] I might add. I would say that BOTH these man-contrived concepts are unjust.

But, rest assured; The real Jesus died on the cross because he "so loved the WORLD", "tasted death for every man", was the "propitiation for the sins of the whole world", is "not willing that any should perish" "is willing that all should come to repentance" and once you have put your trust in him to save you from your sin, it is a done deal: your salvation will be permanent for all eternity.

#35 SheepWhisperer, Nov 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2017
  16. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    YOUR god exists so you can use verses out of context ?
    Maybe you can will salvation to come your house by your self will so it will be all of man,then instead of singing with the saints in rev.19 you can sing a solo of I DID IT MY WAY.

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God loves His own in a Covenant fashion different than from those not in that relationship with Him!

18. utilyan

Site Supporter

You have no scripture, I am showing scripture where the bible teaches the exact opposite.

Acts 10

34Opening his mouth, Peter said:
    “I most certainly understand now that God is not one to show partiality, 35but in every nation the man who fears Him and does what is right is welcome to Him.

19. thatbrian

thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Disapointing that no one really adressed the issue posed in the OP.

If the only way man can be saved is by faith in the work of Christ, and mankind is left to come to this faith without ever hearing of the name of Jesus, then God is unjust. There have been countless millions who have lived and died without ever hearing the gospel. Also, there have been many millions who have heard a distorted gospel, and millions more who have heard a false gospel.

If our salvation was left to chance, and we were born in a mountain village in China 500 years ago, we had no "chance".

This even assumes that sinners desire a God they hate, which is yet another insurmountable problem for Arminians. . .

20. utilyan

Site Supporter

THE OP. Calvinist God is more merciful then Armenian. LOL best joke I heard all day.

#1 the majority of Christians subscribe to neither Calvinism nor Armenian.

The OP was like Lipstick on the most hideous ugly woman in the world.

HATE the sinner, not the sin. <---Calvinism.

There is more then 2 options. Example:

Calvinism is NOT AT ALL like Nazis. Nazis and Calvinist share NOTHING in common at all.

With Nazi God predestined a Master-race. A chosen elect on a list. Non-Aryans are "rightfully" sent to hell.

With Nazi Jesus only died for Aryans, that is only Aryans should be saved, All other depraved go to the death camps.

Only Nazi Aryans can properly interpret the bible because all others have a depraved mind.

Once an Aryan always a Aryan. If you were born elect Aryan its because God loves you. But if you had no choice and were born as a non-aryan, well thats "justice", God after all could have easily decided not to make any Aryans at all.

So see, Nazis are Nothing nothing nothing at all like Calvinist. PS. Hitler was a catholic.

#40 utilyan, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017