1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is God Unjust if Arminianism is true?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by thatbrian, Nov 11, 2017.

1. thatbrian

thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

First, the OP is regarding Justice, not mercy. Second, rants are not arguments. Third, you won't dismiss me with ad hominem attacks. They only prove one of two things. Either you don't understand the subject well enough to argue it with them, or you do understand the subject well enough to understand that you are on the losing side of it, so you play the Nazi card in order to deflect and distract.

2. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No i'm showing perspectives. Like I said Nazi's are NOT like Calvinist. "nazi card" lol is it THAT COMMON? as to earn a card?

I said Nazis are not like Calvinist, was something I said offensive? How is saying Nazis are not like calvinist a ad hominen attack?

You were limited to only two options.

For example someone comes at you, I believe God is totally supreme sovereignty so If you are not of my faith then you must not believe God is supreme.

Heres the sneaky play your making on the Amrenians:

" but countless millions live and dies without ever hearing His name. They effectively have no "chance" at salvation,"

I guess no preaching of the gospel is necessary with Calvinism. Because according to you a weakness of Armenian stance is that people don't hear the gospel, have NO CHANCE and you equate that as injustice.

This implies that Calvinist don't need to hear the gospel.

Please..... Calvinism is justice?

Yes Calvinism is absolute true Justice.

Much UNLIKE how Nazis believe it is true Justice just because you were chosen to be born Aryan, which is hitler-god's PURE JUSTICE, to pick some for his master race and others for burning in the death camps below the earth.

I agree, Calvinism is pure Justice.

I don't see Calvinist and Nazis having anything remotely in common. LOL!

#42 utilyan, Nov 21, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  3. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I got to test two things this morning. First, I got to see how the "ignore" feature works.

Second, I tested my Bible memorization, and it has paid off. Proverbs 26:4 came directly to mind this morning.

4. utilyan

Site Supporter

The word ignorant comes from ignore.

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those who never heard of Jesus stand condemned by rejecting the light that the Lord sent unto them though...
    Those under the law will be judged by that standard, and those who are "ignorant" of jesus will be judged by how they rejected the light God gave unto them, as NONE will be without cause judged guilty before Holy God!

6. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand and agree; however, there are many who say that God gives everyone the same "chance" at salvation. They are wrong, of course, but they call Calvinism "unfair". I'm here to say that the Arminian and Pelagian positions are infinitely unfair/unjust because not all people have had the same opportunity, and millions have had no opportunity to hear the gospel. Of course I know that God chose to reveal Himself to His elect; however, many would disagree, and I would like for them to defend their position which leads to no other conclusion than that their God is unjust.

7. utilyan

Site Supporter

Luke 12

47“And that slave who knew his master’s will and did not get ready or act in accord with his will, will receive many lashes, 48but the one who did not know it, and committed deeds worthy of a flogging, will receive but few. From everyone who has been given much, much will be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more.

This makes no sense in Calvinism. Because to whom most is given LESS IS REQUIRED!

8. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess all of the non-Calvinists have left the building. Is no one able to defend their belief system in regard to the OP?

9. utilyan

Site Supporter

You mean you just put folks on ignore when your tail is between your legs.

10. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That is a nice story -- and would be true if it were not for the Word of God -- In the actual Bible
    1. John 3:16 "God so loved the WORLD that He gave ..--- yes really"
    2. 2 Peter 3 "God is not WILLING that any should perish... yes really"
    3. 2 John 2:2 "Jesus is the atoning sacrifice for our sins and NOT for OUR sins only but for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD... yes really"
    4. God sent His Son to be the "Savior of the WORLD... yes really" 1 John 4:10-14

An Arminian believes: all those texts just listed

a) ALL men have sinned against a holy God; therefore, they deserve condemnation.

b) God sent His Son to make salvation possible for all mankind, then sends His Holy Spirit and "DRAWS ALL mankind unto Him" John 12:32 supernatural drawing of God enables all the "CHOICE" that depravity disabled.

John 16 "The holy Spirit convicts the WORLD of sin and righteousness and judgment... yes really".

Calvinists will sometimes complain about these texts in the Bible by arguing ", but countless millions live and dies without ever hearing His name. " - in true salvation-by-best-story which does not work. Moses and Elijah stand with Christ in Matt 17 before He even goes to the cross. How much "of the full and complete story" did the thief on the cross know before he died?

Romans 10 reminds us of how this works.

So also does Romans 2:13-16 remind us of how gentiles who have no access to scripture at all - were being saved.

We will now test that suggestion.

Well so then you did reject those texts after all.

And also - Matthew 7 does NOT say "God is willing that the many should perish"

2 Peter 3 DOES say "God is NOT willing that ANY should perish"

11. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not when you quote the whole verse......you are wilfully ignorant of this TRUTH.....to usward......not one person Peter speaks of will perish....not one.
    God has decreed, destined, and purposed not one of these elect persons will be lost.

12. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The good news is that the Lord will get the Gospel to his own elect in Christ that need to hear it!

13. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. He will. He will not fail to save one of the elect.