1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is it heretical to say that you must repent to be saved?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Cavell, Jan 7, 2019.

1. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree and in mark 1:15 Christ said.
    Mar 1:15 and saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe in the gospel.
    MB

2. Cavell

Cavell Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just so I can remove any doubt I have, It is heretical to say that someone must be baptised to be saved? What verse shows this in the bible.

3. Danthemailman

Danthemailman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those who teach we absolutely "must be water baptized to be saved" (water baptized or condemned) teach salvation through faith + works, which is heretical.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is true. Baptism is something we do that represents the death burial and resurrection of our Savior but it is not necessary for Salvation. Although it is the desire of our Savior for us to be baptized.
    MB

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Gospel repentance is simply "turning from" unbelief to belief, "turning from" enmity to God to love for God, "turning from" willful resistance to Christ to submission to Christ.

The power turning us is God through regeneration, but we are turning (conversion) - "turn us O God and we shall be turned." - Hab.