1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is it the sinner's fault that he will go to hell?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by IAMWEAK_2007, Jan 10, 2013.

1. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I say what I want without sugar coating it in language that'll come down to the same thing anyway.

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No one has posted anything that calls for this response.Lk 24'27 answered your posts.You have gone off on him for no reason,and as one who also gets overheated at times....you need to apologize to him even if you are not in agreement.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The problem with this thread is the premise of the thread is flawed. There is no fault. Again, here we have an attempt to join two unlike qualities that were never meant to be put together, kind of like Baptists and creeds.

The reason there is no fault is that God is the Creator. He makes the rules and carries out His purpose as He sees fit. He is a Holy God that cannot tolerate sin. For whatever reason, He chose the way of salvation He did. The Garden of Eden, Creation, and the progress through the OT is not just a bunch of random events. It is the will of the Lord. It seems so simple, yet, man, like this thread makes a theological mountain out of it.

4. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    was this part of his post called for ?

this is tantamount to calling another believer a heretic without him knowing what the whole point of my argument was.
    that makes him arrogant.
    no, sir. politeness and a civil statement begets politeness and a civil response.
    I will not apologize to this person.
    I have read most of his posts in answer to those who hold a different view than he does, and they reek of arrogance.
    I called him exactly what he is.

5. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    He is saying the same thing in essence that Jer. did.

The scripture speaks of..another jesus,another gospel,another spirit, so why is Lk2427 so out of line to express his view?

Jesus will say to multitudes...depart from me... I never knew you.They were religious people.

6. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    oh, okay, so you're saying he's right to suggest that I am introducing another god here.
    okay.
    while we're at it, let's drop all that hypocritical crap about questioning another's salvation, shall we ?

7. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Pinoy...

Being a "strait shooter" is fine.

((( Vulgarity ))) however >>is exceedingly<< inapropiate for a child of God.

8. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are not reading the thread or his responses correctly. He did not say it the way you are repeating it.He did not say...you were introducing another god here. Where did he say that to you directly?

9. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    oh, pul-eeze.

"But don't create a whole new god to suit your fancy and pretend he is the God who has revealed himself in Scripture. "

Okay, so he didn't say directly that I was introducing another god....only that I am creating a whole new god (lower case ?) to suit ,my fancy and I am pretending he is the God of the Bible.

That was an entirely justified, called for statement to the simple question of why God should hold an unbeliever responsible.

That's a whole christian, educated way of calling another Christian a heretic.
    also, why are you doing all the talking for him ?

In the first place, he wasn't even the one I was replying to.
    He waded into the conversation with his arrogant P attitude and called me, in so many words, a heretic.

And you are saying I am just like the Israelites of Jeremiah's time which justifies him using the Jeremiah line on me.

We're done.
    Good night.

10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You two are pathetic. It is a very simple, clear issue. There is no excuse, no excuse whatsoever, for that exchange of posts. It is up for debate whether those post are more or less civil than the language that goes on during a drug deal.

12. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah.....

....OKAY?!?!?!:saint:

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I would ask that this thread be closed despite the fact I did not start it. I have seen some pretty ugly threads, but this takes the cake, posts 41-50.

14. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I Thought Our Debates Were...

...heated and uncivil. These got us beat by several miles :praying:

15. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :laugh::laugh::thumbs:

16. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Why are you laughing?????? Reread posts 41-50 that you created. You are at least half of the problem.

17. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I was responding to Dudes post...he knows it.ask him.
    Luke said nothing wrong. Webdog, AIC, Dude and I saw it the same way.

I have no trouble with what I posted. I told you last year that you do not understand my posts. The biblical language of Jeremiah, and Jesus support Lukes answers. You and PB can mis-read them if you want.

18. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

This is the exact reason that your posts have no validity. I read the Bible just like you, have not been to seminary just like you, have other occupations just like you.

You presume to put PB and I on the same team, and you and Luke. AIC, Dude etc on the same team. That is a total falsehood. I totally agree with Luke and his posts. It is you and the other poster that exchanged the outrageous posts. You have a way of aligning teams that do not exist. It is a smoke and mirrors tactic.

The languague in Jeremiah in our Bibles is exactly the same. Your opinion of Jeremiah, again, is quite interesting but does not make it the golden standard.

Reread your comments, "introducing another god," "paranoid and arrogant, "you are not reading the thread correctly." Who are you to make such statements?

19. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    saturneptune

Maybe before you go foaming at the mouth ,you should get it straight.

Luke responded in post 30...he was attacked and called names in post 31.. Luke was saying that the God of the bible is as revealed....He holds sinners responsible.....if anyone does not like it...they should say they do not like it...

not invent a god who does not do like the biblical God.

For that he was called vile names that two different mods have snipped
    out.

WEBDOG, AIC, AND DUDE as well as the two moderators read it the same way.......and you go ahead and check with them, and while you are at it, they hardly would describe themselves as being on my "team".

I tried to get PB to lighten up and back out of it. He did not understand and neither do you. There are religious people who do not like what God has declared. There are multitudes of them, Jer2 and Mt 7 speak to that issue. If you do not like it,,,to bad. No one said PB was in that statement, Luke was speaking Generally...and PB admitted such saying...he did not say it directly...I BOLDED THAT....you can read, look at it.
    Then he tried to stretch what I said with the Jer. passage as if i said it to him directly...hence the paranoid comment.

The jeremiah passage supports Lukes statement. If you cannot grasp it, it is your lack of understanding.
    Your lame attempt to make me out to cause this shows you have unresolved issues,...

Well , I am not DR.PHIL so I cannot help you with your problem.

I never said it did. I just understand what the verse is saying. I was very clear about this to PB:

#59 Iconoclast, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2013
  20. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry....

....didn't mean to start another "rift!" I just felt bad about the running battle Icon, and I had on another posted topic earlier this month, and had to say, after reading this exchange of words, I no longer feel bad about our exchange, because at least it didn't resort to the colorful [inappropriate] words, I've seen being tossed around on this post.

Forgive me for opening up more pain. I wasn't meaning to poke fun, just let Icon know that at least he and I don't resort to this kind of verbal warfare.

Certainly, and WD and Icon will verify this as truth, I am not on their teams in any way. They are always disagreeing with me, and Icon and I have had some kncok down, drag out fights, but nothing ever came close to this. I am surprised the mods haven't taken action, as I was hit with infractions for referring to someone last year having an "intelligent rearend [to sit on]."

#60 righteousdude2, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2013