1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is it time for pastors to draw a Critical Race Theory line in the sand?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Calminian, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This video is well done. Great to pass on to fellow Christians struggling with this issue.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It seems, based on Friel's statement the best way forward is to just teach what the bible says about race and how we are to treat the lowly, not just about blacks.

3. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Jason Whitlock is a rare voice of reason in the sports world. Regularly calls out "godless" BLM.

He defends a football coach who was fired for a sign saying "All Lives Matter to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."

All Pastors should trumpet this truth.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Setting aside your personal experiences, I can tell you I was born and raised in Florida by parents from the hills (hollar) of West Virginia and Alabama. So on a personal level I know about the south on a personal level. I am much older than you so I have a longer experience to draw from.

But what is problematic with your claims are that blacks had less opportunities. This is false. I think you need to go back and research wealthy blacks. I would also add that black families faired far better until the 60's when the government social programs kicked in. I suggest you look into the writing of black men like Thomas Sowel and Walter E. Williams. You could learn quite a bit.

I would also add that it was not just whites that owned slaves and it was not just blacks who were slaves. I suggest you do your research on that as well to include who was the first man to go to court to fight to keep a man a slave in this country.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1