1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured "Is King James Onlyism Scriptural?"

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by robycop3, Mar 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George Antonios

George Antonios Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm KJVO, and I believe and teach the gap in Genesis 1:2, but I do not believe that the universe is millions of years old.

2. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course the arguments in this post contradict the scriptures, but that's beside my point right now.
    I did not intend to expound on my understanding of inspiration. I was merely pointing out to @robycop3 that we differ from non-KJVOs on a deeper level than just what version we believe. That was all.

3. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nor did I make that point. The point, as I went on to state, is that we KJVOs disagree with non-KJVOs on a deeper level than a particular translation, as I went on to state.
    Easy on the trigger-happy responses.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your choice to keep your understanding of inspiration unpresented or hidden does not suggest that it is correct and scriptural.

If your understanding is true and scriptural, you should want to present it for the edification of others.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps you over-generalize. All KJV-only advocates do not agree in their understanding or claims concerning inspiration and preservation. Some KJV-only advocates actually agree with my understanding on inspiration, and I quoted from some of their own assertions. There are KJV-only advocates who assert that the KJV is not inspired.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have to get you to Kentucky to the Noah's Ark & the Creation Museum where you'll have the time of your life at two world-class attractions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    I quit.

• Like Like x 1
  8. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not sure I follow you here. Was there some veiled message I was supposed to understand?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, those two museums were just voted USA Today's two best religious museums in the USA. They are a think tank for Biblical Creation. Children 10 & under free. Food is very reasonable and homemade. Kentuckians are very nice people.

Life-size Noah’s Ark

Creation Science, Bible History, Dinosaurs

10. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah ok, thanks. I live in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Lord willing, when my children are a little older, my wife and I plan on taking them there.

11. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Oh, I have been watching Rebel Media the last year or so about the trials and tribulations of Canada. I went to London, Ontario, years ago to see the Shakespeare theatre. Creation Ministries International has a very good television show from Canada. Creation | Creation Ministries International

Also, one of the nicest guys from CMI went to work for Answers In Genesis (Ken Ham and the Ark Encounter and Creation Museum) and is head of the Canadian office of AiG. His name is Calvin Smith, in case that you have heard of him. Calvin Smith

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting that the 1611 team took some readings from Latin Vulgate, was that inspired and perfect also?

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kjv
    Nkjv
    Esv
    Nas

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you hold then to the translators of the 1611 were inspired to make their translation in same fashion the Spirit inspired the writers of the Originals

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What Kjvo does not hold to the 1611 being inspired by the Holy Spirit in same way Originals were?

16. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't you think that dispensationalism is just as bad as KJVO because dispensationalism teaches one to be afraid to tell the A-C to go to hell? After all, the A-C may just be Pope Francis.

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The analogy between Dispy and Kjvo would be accurate IF I held to Dispy tjeology, and also held that those holding to Covenant theology were holding to doctrines of demons, into false Christianity!

18. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The problem is that these minor issues in relation to salvation doctrines just don't qualify as cultic. An American opinion on eschatology or Deep Time or even a belief in Darwin or an seemingly illogical preferences for a non-Model A translation are relatively minor. Are you going to say that infant baptism is cultic? Are you going to say that no baptism as in Quaker denominations and The Salvation Army denomination are cultic? To call something cultic is a serious charge and cannot be based upon disagreement alone. After all, Spurgeon himself probably used the KJV and was a believer in Deep Time, yet no Biblical Creationist would even think to call Spurgeon a cultist on any point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Only the original manuscripts were God breathed. Translations are not inerrant

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Among other factors, the first mammals, small rat-size critters, ate their eggs, & it doesn't seem like T Rex was overly fertile anyway. Also, changing climate & lessening of food supply contributed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.