1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is Obama Anti-Christian?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Aug 23, 2012.

?
  1. Yes...

26 vote(s)
    74.3%
  2. No...

6 vote(s)
    17.1%
  3. Not enough evidence to say either way...

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  4. No opinion....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Two Things....

#1...I believe Obama is..at the very least pro-Islam and anti-Constitutional. I personally believe he is for all practical purposes a traitor to the principles of the founding fathers of our nation. However, He is in "power" because God allowed him to be. As Christians we have to acknowledge the possibility that God's purpose MAY JUST BE to bring this nation into and under the judgement that "we so richly DESERVE" because we have collectively abandoned Him and His ways of Righteousness.

#2.... David Barton is not infallible and as such will always be prone to error. However..the article posted in the OP is a good one and all that stuff is a matter of public record as far as I can tell. I believe in as much as he can be he is as good a man as any of the rest of us and I support his apparent motive to bring the citizens of our country back to an awareness of the spiritual nature of the roots we were founded on as a nation. Let us NOT "throw the baby out with the bathwater". Where he is wrong in his view of "history" he must be corrected. I read a statement he made where he said he has "documentation" to support his assertions. If so, he definitely needs to share it. Some of his documentation may be faulty...who knows...or it could be right...again..who REALLY knows. In any case...I'm not willing to completely discard all his work because it fails to meet OUR misplaced "standard" of historical PERFECTION. Sometimes...as you are eating that watermelon with ALL ITS SWEETNESS...you have to spit out those annoying little seeds! By the way...as far as I can tell, David's "worldview" is the same as ours (for the most part) and there is NO DENYING that the secular historians (revisionists) are trying to bury ANY mention of the spiritual heritage our country was founded on. Barton has stuck his very public NECK on a very public "chopping block"...would we do the same????

OBAMA has to go...I agree...but...are we prepared for the Mormon/Catholic ticket that may follow? That would raise a whole new set of questions...wouldn't it now!:type:

Bro.Greg

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Thu Sep 18th 2008

President Bush attended an Iftaar dinner with diplomatic officials and Muslim leaders to mark Ramadan yesterday. This is the eighth Iftaar dinner of his administration.

http://news.ebru.tv/en/usa/7321

...in a few short days, all of us will experience the wonder of Easter morning. And we will know, in the words of the Apostle Paul, “Christ Jesus…and Him crucified.”

It’s an opportunity for us to reflect on the triumph of the resurrection, and to give thanks for the all-important gift of grace. --Obama, April 4, 2012

President Commemorates Eid al-Fitr
    Remarks by the President on Eid Al-Fitr
    The Islamic Center of Washington, D.C.
    Washington, D.C.
    Dec 5, 2002

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2002/12/20021205-5.html

Eid al-Adha message from President Bush
    Eid al-Adha, 2008

I send greetings to Muslims around the world celebrating Eid al-Adha, the Festival of Sacrifice.

Eid al-Adha commemorates Abraham's devotion to God, and it reminds us of God's mercy and provision for his people.

http://kabul.usembassy.gov/sp_120908.html

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't like him doing that either, BUT at least president Bush acknowledge the Lord jesus as his Saviour, his death on the Cross as payment for his sins!

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To me, they are not, so far as I know, pushing tha anti God social agenda though!

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

6. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Is Obama Anti-Christian?

If not, he sure gives the impression that he is.

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

See the president's 2012 Easter message.

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

9. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

He's a politician. He'd bow before anyone to get their vote. :laugh:

10. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Sadly....

Sadly...with things the way they are in the world of politics today that is probably more true than not. It is about power and money. There are very few true patriots anymore and the ones that do exist are hopelessly out-numbered.:tear:

Bro.Greg

11. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The saddest part about this whole thread is that you all think this actual matters. The RNC and the DNC don't care for a second about evangelicals and will do what ever they can to play them (any way) to get their goals accomplished. Its about power.

The Republican presidents have been just as bad as Democratic presidents in subverting the Christian ideals. The current President hasn't done anything to specifically attack Christians. Anyone who says he has is being ridiculous.

Listen, I've celebrated two Ramadan meals with Muslims in the past couple of weeks. That isn't anti-Christian. President Obama is the president of all the United States, not just Christians. He is the Commander in Chief, not the Pastor in Chief.

CK4 has pretty much posted exactly what I would have posted in reply at this point.

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Don't feel like reading all 129 verses tonight - do you have the reference handy please WD?

Plus, there is not a shred of evidence that the president is Muslim and bound in any way by the Koran.

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    isn't his alliangence suppossed to be to jesus foremost? If yes, shouldn't hebe promoting a godly social agenda?

14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

How does a believer "celebrate" one of the 5 pillars of Islam?! Why?

If I'm the POTUS I'm a Christian first and foremost. No antchrist religion will be celebrated in the WH during my term. This does not mean I'm promoting intolerance, it means my loyalties cannot be divided.

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

16. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Were these Anti-Christian Acts....

Supporting gay marriage?

Supporting abortion?

Supporting the "Ask, don't tell" bill?

Placing an insurmountable debt on future generations [poor stewardship], and for what purpose? We've seen none of the promises he put forth, manifest in more than three years!

I'm sure there are more points to make, but let's just try to digest these....:tear:

17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

The sad thing is someone could take our Bibles and give us their own slant and take things out of context to justify lying, murder, killing religious enemies, or any number of acts of wickedness. I don't know enough about the Koran to know the passages described on the obvious anti-Muslim website.

Islam is a false religion, but I think we need to be careful that we know what we are talking about before we adopt claims made by other people.

There is a temptation to vent anger on a whole group of people. I think sometimes it would be like if Muslims used Westboro Baptist to build a case against all baptists.

Let's expose error, but let's be sure we don't use error to do so.

#37 NaasPreacher (C4K), Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2012
  18. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This....

....is wisdom in action! :thumbsup:

19. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Are Mormons anti Christian? It appears Obama is anti Christian, but the evidence is opinion. How the Mormon church feels about Jesus Christ is in print, black and white. There is no doubt about the fact that the status of Jesus Christ is that of a super angel, brother of Gabriel and Lucifer, a created being. Contrast that with Jesus Christ being God, fully divine, and the Creator, not a created being. Now that sounds anti Christian.

Having said that, there is no way I am voting for Obama.

20. NaasPreacher (C4K)

So where does that leave us with Gov Romney? His religion is certainly anti-Christ. To be consistent does that mean he ignores all other religions while he is in office, including Biblical Christianity?