1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is the Christian Right willing to sell its Soul to the Republican Party?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by alatide, Sep 8, 2009.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Can't you ever tell the truth "whoever"? Democrats have never done anything to reduce abortions. Clinton vetoed the Partial Birth Abortion Ban twice. His heart is about as big as your brain.

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And even in countries where the gov't mandates health care, an individual cannot just show up and get it. One of our ladies was from Canada. She was diagnosed with a cancerous tumor in her eye. By the time a surgeon was able to see her, it had spread and what should have cost her an eye, cost her life.

The same gov't who can't run the post office, who, since taking over education, has made our educational system has spiraled downward, made the VA hospitals and care proverbs for bad treatment, now wants to take care of health care. :BangHead:

3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are none so blind as those who (willingly) will not see!!!!:tonofbricks:

4. alatide

alatide New Member

There are people on this board that live in countries other than the US. They speak unanimously in favor of their government's health care when compared to the one in the US. The WHO ranks us 34th in the world barely ahead of Cuba. If you would consider those who are disadvantaged instead of just people like yourself you could understand this.

5. targus

targus New Member

Too bad you are unwilling to look at the details behind that study that you love to cite.

One of the greatest factors in determining ranking on the list is percieved potential. Meaning that even if the U.S. is superior in actual health care delivery the ranking is lower because we are not living up to the WHO's snobby idea of what we should be doing.

Also other factors come in to play such as infant mortality. For instance did you know that the U.S. leads in premature infant survival? That our system saves babies born very prematurely. And that many other countries don't even try - so for that reason in those countries the WHO doesn't count a premature baby loss as an infant death? And that all premature infants in the U.S. are calculated in the infant mortality calculation.

I don't expect you to comprehend the meaning of the above - but others here no doubt will.

But you can continue with your blathering as ususal.

6. alatide

alatide New Member

Try to act like a Christian and not a Republican if possible.

7. targus

targus New Member

I will take that as an admission that you do not comprehend the significance of the methodology brhind the WHO report that you love to cite.

8. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please give me a link. I'd like to read about this.

The American Public Health Association stated the following:

I see nothing in either article leading me to believe that different definitions were used in calculating the number of deaths per 1000 births. If you have a link showing this in these and other studies I would like to see it.

#88 Crabtownboy, Sep 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2009
  9. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by targus [​IMG]
    And alatide responds with:
    A perfect example of absolutely no comprehension of that to which he/she responds.:BangHead:

10. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

I've exposed this methodology to him as alatide and as JustChristian. He always ignores the flawed methodology and keeps attempting to use the WHO as a valid report. It is actually quite pitiful.

11. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am that single-issue person John and I am very vocal about it. I personally have never made those kinds of accustations of which you speak.

There are plenty of others who can and do.

However, since an opportune time has presented itself, I would like to bring the Scripture into the equation:

Psalm 106
    37 Yea, they sacrificed their sons and their daughters unto devils,
    38 And shed innocent blood, even the blood of their sons and of their daughters, whom they sacrificed unto the idols of Canaan: and the land was polluted with blood.

Proverbs 6
    16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
    17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood.

HankD​

12. alatide

alatide New Member

I can read what you wrote but you didn't provide a link or any supporting evidence. Comprende?

13. targus

targus New Member

#93 targus, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2009
  14. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Why don't you actually try reading the WHO report? That's how I figured out the methodology it was using. If you read it then you would see exactly what we are talking about.

15. donnA

donnA Active Member

you mean like you have to obama? is that what you mean?

16. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Furthering the Kingdom of God is more important, which is actually done through the local church. God is the Author of all salvation, and sovereign in His purposes, but that is another subject.

Your question is so flawed I do not know where to start. American politics is rotten to the core and has nothing to do with the Lord, and is not worthy to be asked in the same question. Your question implies Republicans are the corrupt ones, which is correct. It also implies Democrats are not, which is, to put it nicely, baloney.

This should have been your question. What can we as American citizens who are children of the Lord do to bring this nation back into line with Biblical principles? One of the answers would be to dismantle the Democratic party and put all the thugs in Washington who are stealing from us daily under their banner in prison, and I mean chopping rocks.

17. alatide

alatide New Member

I have. Why don't you describe what you find incorrect with it? Better yet, why don't you suggest a better comparison? Or are you saying that a comparison of health care systems is inherently impossible? If so, why do you believe that to be the case. That sounds like a good excuse for doing nothing to improve our system.

18. theolog

theolog New Member

Is it just me? Why does it cost more for a person to go to an ER than to a doctor's office? Certainly there is lower overhead in having a central location as opposed to multiple locations.

I've often heard the argument that we're paying more at the ER because the ER has a lot of equipment (like MRI machines) that doctor's offices don't have. But, seriously... isn't that like saying a Mechanic should charge me more for fixing a flat tire just because he has the equipment to run an emissions check?

19. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Without boring anyone with an economics lesson that is a cure for insomnia...

The ER is primarily designed to treat trauma/emergency patients. The costs associated with trauma treatment is higher than nonemergency care. When a person comes in with a nonemergency problem, it still consumes the same resources as an emergency treatment. OTOH, if an emergency patient comes into a physician's office, the physician will probably not be able to provide adequate ER treatment. In fact, when this happens, a physician is usually only able to stabilize the patient enough to transport that patient to an emergency room.

So, for those who are still awake, the maintenance costs of maintaining an emergency room are inhierently higher than a routine office visit.

20. rbell

rbell Active Member

Hey, quote a lie often enough...

I'll say it before, and now again: anyone who would make a claim such as you just did has just showed profound and laughable ignorance of our system vs. others.