1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is the Land of Israel Still a Special Place to God?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Scripture More Accurately, Nov 30, 2021.

?
  1. Yes.

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. No.

11 vote(s)
    47.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lodic

Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nothing to do with this specific thread, but a technical question. When I click the links for Bible verses, the verses appear behind everything else, making them impossible to read. Who do we contact to address problems like this?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lodic

Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    After reading and re-reading Deuteronomy 11:11-12, all I see is that God took special care of the land that Israel was to possess, and it was superior to Egypt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think it may be the allegory it served?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Circumcision, not birth, made one a physical Jew and member of Israel. Christ abolished circumcision on the cross. All of the promises are YES in Jesus.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Two Wings

Two Wings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    nuther admin question ... why are the available ratings on a post inconsistent? I don't always see the "funny" option.
    I'd like to suggest adding a "wow" and a "sad" option ... they're all some form of "like" or "good" ... "prayers" is a catch all. I understand avoiding "dislike" or esp "hate it" or whatever ... but anyhow. Thoughts from a newb. Carry on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You miss the point. Why pretend to be open for discussion when you really want an Amen corner? Your poll and your OP are opposed.

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because its all about supposed civility.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...and I can think of no better commentator on the subject than A.W. Pink.
    CHAPTER - MELCHIZEDEK (godrules.net)

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...an impure thought for the literalist...

10. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And superstitious.

11. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is true, of course, but let’s not ignore the truth that every other people that occupied that land, including Israel, were also horribly wicked.

As others have pointed out, this area appears to be God’s chosen land to reveal Himself and His redemptive plan. That purpose was fulfilled with the coming of Jesus and His death burial and restriction and then the gospel going out to the whole world from there.

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Scripture More Accurately

Scripture More Accurately Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why bother to comment repeatedly on a thread started by a person who fiercely disagrees with you on major points of biblical interpretation?

Why not use your time in a more constructive manner advancing your own views on your own threads instead of using up some of the allotted maximum number of comments in my thread with useless comments that do not add anything of value to the discussion of the topic of the thread?

#32 Scripture More Accurately, Dec 1, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  13. Scripture More Accurately

Faith:
    Baptist
    So far, 8 people have said that the land of Israel is still a special place to God. It would be good to hear from those who believe that is true--but have not commented so far--about why you believe that is true.

#33 Scripture More Accurately, Dec 3, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
  14. George Antonios

George Antonios Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds great, makes for great preaching...were it not for a couple of dozen verses.

15. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Israel after the time of their Great tribulation will then be prepared to met the God, the returning Lord Jesus!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Scripture More Accurately

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nehemiah 2:3 And said unto the king, Let the king live for ever: why should not my countenance be sad, when the city, the place of my fathers' sepulchres, lieth waste, and the gates thereof are consumed with fire?

Nehemiah 2:5 And I said unto the king, If it please the king, and if thy servant have found favour in thy sight, that thou wouldest send me unto Judah, unto the city of my fathers' sepulchres, that I may build it.

Godly Nehemiah had a special regard for Jerusalem because it was the city that was the place of his father's tombs.

Many of the choicest servants of God (for example, Hezekiah, Josiah, John the Baptist) have been buried in Jerusalem. For those of us who believe (rightly) in the biblical teaching of the future bodily resurrection of the dead, it seems to me that Jerusalem (and Israel, more broadly speaking) is still a special place to God because so many of His choicest servants have been buried there.

#36 Scripture More Accurately, Dec 4, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jerusalem, and Israel more broadly, has fulfilled its special purpose with the coming of Jesus.

There is no special purpose left for either. When Jesus returns, the saints will be raised and immediately go to heaven for all eternity.

Jerusalem, the land of Canaan (Israel, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome, Islam, British, Iraq, Syria….) will be destroyed with the rest of the planet.

peace to you

18. Scripture More Accurately

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not so. When Jesus returns, He is going to rule with a rod of iron from Jerusalem for a 1000 years over His millennial kingdom on the earth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not so, there is no 1000 year reign on earth. There is eternal reign in heaven. The reference in Revelation of a 1000 year reign is actually a reward given to those martyrs killed during the great tribulation to “reign with Christ” for 1000 years. That reign is in heaven.

No earthly reign, no earthly Jerusalem, no separate future for Israel and the church,, no re-establishment of an earthly temple and sacrifices.

The special purpose of that land has been fulfilled with Jesus Christ.

peace to you

20. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We know this earth and all its lands will be destroyed, so when we attribute God's affection for material, we are walking on quite thin ice. God's eyes are everywhere (omnipresent) and so God is always (continually) looking upon every part of His creation including the "land of Israel." God sends the rains on the good and the evil, so providing rain from the skies, rather than a means of irrigation, does not bestow a special blessing. From the beginning of the year to the end of the year probably refers to before the fall rains to after the spring rains, i.e. when crops are grown.

Bottom line, much ado about nothing...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.