1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is the Only Good Muslim a Dead Muslim?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Oct 12, 2014.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. That's racist.

2. That offends me.

3. The science is settled.

2. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

3. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is this for me? If not, then what does it have to with anything in this thread, and who exactly brought up any of those?

4. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, it was not for you. Those are the three liberal answers--it's racist, I'm offended, and the science is settled. The only one we are seeing on this thread is that it is racist and that education is the answer (the science is settled). No, I would have quoted you if I was directing an answer at you, Use of Time. BTW, thanks for your service to our USA.

5. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know that people have those responses ready to go at times but I'm not seeing any of that in here to be honest with you. I appreciate the kind words though.

6. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

Because, of the many qualifications he is supposed to meet, these are the ones he fails daily.

He has as much business being a pastor as I do being a brain surgeon.

7. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is a bit harsh if you ask me. I know I've had my dealings with him but I really do believe him to be a man of God. I think he gets a little too emotionally invested in partisan politics at times.

8. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What hospital do you work out of? I didn't know you were that talents. Brain surgery is a fantastic gift, not many can operate on another's brain!

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And this is what all of your attacks boil down too. You do not like my political view. I see.

Well I have never seen a single post like this. I used to spend a lot of time going back and forth and rehashing the same old things over and over again and just burn up pages in threads debating the same points with people over and over again. I find that useless. Once i have made my point and I do not have anything more to say and the other person has nothing different to say I bow out. You get the last word and I move on and it saves a lot of unnecessary argument. I will debate points but I will not get into a kicking contest. If people do not like that too bad.

Sometimes I may just miss some posts, like with most people, I have other things to do. Once I come back to the board I do not always remember what has been discussed in my last visit and quite honestly I do not care. If you have apologized and I missed then I am sorry I did. Whatever it was for I accept your apology.

Now if you do not like my politics then ignore my posts. All of your personal attacks are not going to change my posts.

And no you have not been around here long enough to be making the claims you have about other posters.

Now that you have had your say here is mine. From post one on this board for you you have been contentious with people you do not really know. When you do not like peoples politics you go after them to try to demonize them and get them to stop posting in a fashion you do not like. People have different views than you. If you cannot deal with that then too bad so sad.

And if you are going to make claims about people you need to make sure you know what you are talking about. When you do not scripture refers to that as bearing false witness.

Now just for your information I have preached crusades in two provinces and 11 villages in India. I have done mission work in Israel. I have lived in 7 states and 11 cities in these United States. I have pastored three churches.

I regularly post prayer requests, poetry, pictures, jokes, and other things that have nothing to do with politics or theology. There are quite a few people on this board who I know intimately that I have either spent time with in person or over the phone. We have posted together on this board and a couple others for nearly 10 years. They know me. You do not.

I suggest you settle yourself down and get to know people first before you decide to start throwing around your personal demonizations. You are out of place and your comments are out of place. Self control is what you need but do not currently have.

Now, I have explained myself more for you in this one single post than I have ever done on forums. Dont expect it anymore.

#29 Revmitchell, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2014
  10. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lets break this down for the good of the group.

"From post one on this board for you you have been contentious with people you do not really know"

Just like how you "got to know" me by calling me a troll on my very first day simply for pointing out the fallacy of your statement regarding background checks on Afghan local nationals. You really took the time to get to know me didn't you. Within days I had been called a troll and a "liberal operative" whatever that is supposed to mean.

"When you do not like peoples politics you go after them to try to demonize them and get them to stop posting in a fashion you do not like. People have different views than you. If you cannot deal with that then too bad so sad."

All of which of course is true to you as well. You seem to have a hard time with this one as well. It's a debate forum. Disagreement isn't some campaign to change people's posting habits. You can't have your echo chamber. I'm sorry about that. If you post something I disagree with like in this thread for example, I'm going to call you on it.

"Now just for your information I have preached crusades in two provinces and 11 villages in India. I have done mission work in Israel. I have lived in 7 states and 11 cities in these United States. I have pastored three churches."

This is great stuff and an impressive resume. Like I said, I really do believe you to be a good man and a man of God. What I don't like is the tendency to paint with a broad brush like you are doing in this thread. It is wrong to demonize an entire culture for the actions of a minority. I know we would not like it if it was reversed.

I'll do my best to deescalate our conversations in the future.

#30 Use of Time, Oct 14, 2014
  11. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I applaud your Christian civility. :applause::applause::applause:f

12. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think it hey were doing that for any other reason than to preserve their Sunni or Shiite way of life and beliefs after which a big majority will be more'n happy to shoot those they interpreted for.

13. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course, because we will just go ahead and assume the worst in people at all times? A majority would be happy to shoot us? What factual reference do you have to back up such a strong statement? I fail to see how interpreting preserves their Sunni or Shiite way of life. That doesn't make sense at all.

#33 Use of Time, Oct 14, 2014
  14. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I knew you'd say something like that.
    Stay where you are I'll stay where I am.
    I will not go nuking every Muslim country there is, and certainly do not advocate killing every Muslim anywhere.
    But in the same token, with my experience with them where I came from, I am not going to sleep with both eyes closed where they're concerned.

15. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok, but what does that have to with a statement like the "majority would shoot those that they worked for." I don't find your statement offensive or anything but I just can't make sense out of it. Especially when you say that they are serving Sunni and Shii interests. I'm just a little confused about that statement.

16. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

While in Afghanistan, I spent a lot of time with Terps. More than just on mission. In my down time I would visit them in their tents and have tea with them. Their culture is very hospitable. They would sit me in a chair and sit on the floor at my feet, as if I were a teacher.

We had to get rid of one guy for feeding Intel. One guy. Out of dozens. Most of them were saving money to come to America to get away from the terrorists. And almost anyone who helps us without being an agent cannot go back home for fear of terrorists.

When they decide to help us, many times they are giving up their old life with no hope of return. Such a public display of disdain for the Jihad cannot be matched by any on this board. You want a public outcry? You have it. When was the last time you gave up your whole life to get rid of the terrorists?

Yes, there are moderate Muslims.

17. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Spot on. I don't think a lot of people understand the significance of the sacrifices these individuals made on a daily basis just so we could communicate with the local nationals out on patrol. The risk cannot be overstated.

18. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's more a statement of cynicism than disdain.
    Just so you understand where I'm coming from: when I left my birth country, the Philippines, 17 years ago, there were only 2 families of Muslims behind my stepmom's house.
    They were quiet, let people alone, smiled, nodded like good neighbors do to each other.
    Sometime later, two families became four, then five, then six, then eight, their area began to expand, and now they have a mosque behind my mother's house.
    They are Shiite muslims, I say that simply to identify their faction.
    When they grew in numbers, the atmosphere of the entire neighborhood changed as well.
    Drug dealing, shady characters coming in and out of the muslim area, according to my stepmom and sisters, trash everywhere, you can't look out your window without seeing those laundry drying hanging in the wires.
    Now, I also had a nephew, whom I helped put through school. Good kid, good grades, finished high school, then libido got the better of him, had two kids of his own, worked hard to support his family.
    One day, a Muslim was liquidated by a rival drug distributor, and they suspected a non-muslim did it.
    They went on the rampage, so to speak.
    Gave warnings to everybody, that unless the neighborhood pointed them to the killer, they will execute one person, girl, boy, man, woman, old, young, didn't matter.
    People started closing doors and homes right after sundown, no one ventured out and if somebody did it was like the situation in DC during the sniper affair.
    Everyone ducking, making sure they finish their business outside the door and get indoors quick as a flash.
    My nephew went missing at that time.
    They didn't know where he was, nobody saw him, until two days later, an informant told the cops that he was eyewitness to a murder, and the body was buried inside the mosque, under the floor.
    It was my nephew.
    Happened to come home late from work, didn't have transportation from the intersection he gets off at, so he walked, and they chanced upon him.
    I helped raise that kid as well as helped him with schooling.
    That latest "unpleasantness" between myself and Muslims happened less than a year ago.
    Then there are other incidences, too many to talk about here.
    So, there, add to the mix the fact that they're doing all these craps they're doing against Americans and the west, in general.
    yeah, stirs up animosity.

Well, the way I see it, the reason they're busy killing each other when not killing Westerners is really for reasons of factionalism.
    They are factional.
    No two ways around it, as far as I know, that is.

19. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Its good to know I can still find racism and fascism alive and well on this board.

All people, regardless of their religious identity, deserve the benefit of life. It is a despicable notion to state that someone is better dead than alive.

Perhaps it would be best to consider whether you know any Muslims or not. I know plenty. Some are friends. Some are acquaintances. All are humans and all have worth.

To say that all Muslims are radicalized and want to indiscriminately murder others is the height of ignorance and only shows one's incompetence. There have been plenty of Muslims who are made statements against ISIS and Boko Haram. I know some who have made these statements.

It is better to know someone before condemning them.

20. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's kind of a cringe worthy thread title to be on a Baptist Message Board as well. I can't believe this one is allowed to fly. Well, yes I can actually.