1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is There Racism ? What would you have done ?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by pinoybaptist, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

And I can count time and time again that latinos and blacks have treated me horribly. I've been called a whitey and a honkey. I've been shoved around and gotten in to fights for no reason except that I was white. I, unlike you, don't account their bad actions to the entire black or latino population. I attribute it to them being stupid people, regardless of their race. That's the difference and that's what makes you a racist.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

PB - I've had the same kind of treatment at times and I'm regular old white. You can see in my pic. I'm sure there's some racism but I also think that sometimes people just label any time that people are rude as racist when that's not the case.

BTW - My daughter's boyfriend is from Guadamala and his parents speak English pretty well but with a very strong accent and somewhat broken. I sincerely hope that when they're old enough and ready, they marry. And I wouldn't care if he were black or green. He treats my daughter like a princess and loves the Lord. That's what matters to me. :)

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When you work in a call center, each and every call is recorded. In addition, there are quality control supervisors who monitor calls received by every call center agent, and believe me, if any agent so much as said anything rude or out of line to any customer, provoked or not, that agent will not be there the next day.
    I have never been fired from a job, call center or otherwise, here or in my old country.
    I don't know what you do for a living, but this is what I do for a living, so if you have not worked for a call center before, it is wise for you not to show your ignorance just so you can keep grounding me to dust.
    I do know my human frailty, and treating a customer rudely, insultingly, and impolitely, is not one of them.
    It's a Filipino thing, we try to always be polite to people who put food on our table, a.k.a "the customer".

#43 pinoybaptist, Oct 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2009
  4. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I've never been shoved around or treated horribly by latinos, blacks, and Jews, and I think that' s because they have never been treated horribly by what they perceive to be my race their judgment coming from the color of my skin: brown. I'm no threat to them. Personally, or historically.
    You on the other hand have gotten into fights simply because you're white, and that is why you think you're entitled to jump right in and stick your dirty, white fingers at my face and call me racist, and by implication justify the white lady's actions and words as proper, correct, and worthy of emulation.

So actually, you and I are of the same level here.

You reacted and called me the racist because you have been beat on by non-whites simply because you were white, and I can't help but think that lady is racist based on my past experiences with whites. And that is how you react to anyone who ever says anything not so good about whites.

We're even.

5. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

No..I would have reacted exactly the same if the cashier was a black or brown skin woman and you were a white person with the same stupid story. Once again, that's what makes you a racist, and me not one. You bring race into everything while I try my best to overlook it.

6. Winman

Winman Active Member

Making remarks about food can be racist. I work with a Cambodian man who brings in his lunch everyday. Many times his lunch is fish and does have a strong odor. I have never said anything, fish really doesn't bother me, but a few employees have made fun of his lunch on numerous occasions. He took it quietly for a long time but one day I guess it got to him and he lost his temper and started shouting at everyone in the cafeteria. The most amazing think about this incident was that the comment that set him off was made by our HR lady, the person who should have known better.

So while it is really true that his lunches often have a strong odor, people should try to be considerate and temperate of people from other cultures who often eat foods strange to America.

7. targus

targus New Member

Did it occur to you to simply address your concerns to the store manager so that he could correct this girl's behavior?

In doing so you might have saved some future customer the same uncomfortable feeling that you experienced and she may have learned something that could have helped her to become a better person.

8. MrJim

MrJim New Member

I've been to Waldorf on many work-related occasions and I think it just might be the town, folks are a bit...different down there:laugh:

9. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

Everyone needs to just run AWAY from this thread as fast as possible. There is absolutely nothing to be gained here. Nobody is going to be changing their minds on anything that happened, so why even argue? These discussions disgust me. How can one know another person's heart?

You can't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.