Is this Church or the Club? Watch...

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Sep 2, 2008.

1. TaliOrlando New Member

2. Alive in Christ New Member

Those brothers and sisters are HAVING CHURCH!!

I am a white guy, but some of the best and most annointed praise and worship I have ever experienced has been in some meetings where it was 98% black folks.

Man, do they ever know how to do praise God in song! I've got some recordings by the Mississippi Mass Choir and you talk about GOOD! :thumbs:

God INHABITS the praises of His people!

Thanks for posting that. :)

:godisgood:

3. TaliOrlando New Member

No Problem, I saw this on youtube and decided to post it. The reason I think its labeled is this Church or Club its because they were praising with beats from Tupac like California Love and stuff, thats why I assume it was called that.

4. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Since it's "inter-denominational", I lean towards club.

5. Alive in Christ New Member

Webdog,

Ha ha! I love that! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

6. donnA Active Member

this would be why I would say it's a club,
    Becasue this isn't christian.

7. trustitl New Member

I am more concerned with this "white guy's" discernment than I am with the black folks doing their thing. To say that this style of "worship" is more anointed than my "boring" old grandma is an example of carnal reasoning. Sadly, this is not the first time I have heard this because we live in a time where this type of gathering is considered more spiritual than "traditional" worship (which God is not impressed with either despite conservative arguments).

You can't see praise any more than you can see patience. Someone may appear to be patient as they wait in line as a bumbling cashier takes her time, but inside they may be seething.

Lets not think God is impressed with a group of people with fewer inhibitions than others. He is not looking for a show, but a pure heart of love and gratitude. If you don't think YOUR worship is "annointed" examine yourself yourself, not what others are doing.

Matt. 15:8 "This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me."

Phil. 3:3 "For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh."

Col 3:1-2 "If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth."

Thanks Tali for posting this. :thumbs:

8. TaliOrlando New Member

Amen! :jesus:

9. Alive in Christ New Member

Trustitl,

I appreciate your concern, but my discernment is just fine.

You are making a mountain out of a mole hill. This is just a personal preferance thing. (((News flash!))) We are not all the same. God has seen fit to give his human beings an infinate amount of likes and dislikes, preferences, quirks, etc etc etc.

I love and am exceedingly blessed by emotional, stirring, even raucous praise and worship. I would have LOVED the day of pentecost! I certainly would not have been one of those ones calling them drunk.

Regarding the great hymns, etc, I love them and play multitudes of them on my guitar. Those hymns are wonderfull. They are blessed. They are annointed.

And if they are sung and played emotionally and enthusistically I'm right there with ya!

But many times, in churches where it is very traditional, when the call is "Lets all stand and sing all 5 verses of 'In the Sweet By and By'."....all 5 of those verses are sung with all the enthusiasm of a funeral dirge.

That doesnt bless me. If it does bless you, praise the Lord.

I LOVE the way most of our black brothers and sisters do praise and worship. If God were to ever move me into one of those black Baptist churches as my regular place of worship I would be happy as a Lark even if I were the only white person there.

10. donnA Active Member

I agree that I hate hymns or anyother praise being sung lie it's a funeral, instead of celebration and worship of God. The method of worship in most black churches too much for me personally. But I'm fine with anyone who prefers it.
    So I amsure you wouldn't want this would you...

11. Alive in Christ New Member

Donna,

Well, to be honest, the poor audio quality of the youtube clip made it very difficult to really discern anything specifically regarding the music. I just assumed it was similar to some of the awesome black choirs I have heard and seen.

If it was RAP being used that would not be my cup of tea at all. I would probably take the opportunity to go outside and get some fresh air or something.

But regarding the regular black gospel choirs that are the norm, I would highly recommend you visit a black Baptist church with a good choir some Sunday morning...you will be welcomed with open arms...and I think you will be blessed in a HUGE way...and you'll want to come back for more.

Theres really nothing else quite like it. Very VERY uplifting and refreshing.

Here is a great example of what I'm talking about...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwMzirVEyeg

12. Alive in Christ New Member

Oh my! After posting that, I watched it.

That is nothing but GOOD GOOD GOOD!!!! What a refreshing blessing good, free, Spirit filled gospel music can be!

13. donnA Active Member

What makes you assume I've never been to a black church? How could I possibly mention it and what my thoughts were on it if I had not been there.
    I find it not anymore spiritual then and other church, and find quite a few things unbiblical about it.

Apparently people are under the false assumption that unless a church screams, runs, rolls on the floor, and makes you 'feel' good all over it isn't a Spirit filled church.
    How utterly ridiculous.

14. Alive in Christ New Member

Hi Donna! :wavey:

I had no way of knowing if you have or havent.

I'm very interested in that comment. Could you tell me specifically what things you find unscriptural about how the black brothers and sisters in my link do praise and worship?

People who feel that way are wrong, but in my experience people who feel that way are in the extreme minority. Most people dont feel that way.

I agree.

Again, if you dont mind could you share the things you find unscriptural about the traditional style of black praise and worship?

Thanks.

15. Joined:
    Aug 29, 2008
    wow messed up

a christian stalker! lol
    well you know perhaps the guy just wants to lay hands on you! lol
    i won't let anybody ever know anything personally about me for this very reason?

16. Joined:
    Aug 29, 2008
    i wish i was at that church right now!
    that place was jumping! i come from a pentecostal background
    that would have been the warmup! lol
    when the spirit moves
    you got to groove! blessings

17. donnA Active Member

I think it's in my post.

18. donnA Active Member

See, I have no problem with this. I just don't like people saying their response is more spiritual, or is spirit filled, compared to another church who does not act that way, they are saying is not spirit filled. I've had a lot of expereince with pentacostals, none of it good. how like there was no God in our church, why, it's inside the city limits. Everybody knows theres no God in a city church. And you aren't christian if you can't come up with some sort of jibberish and call it tounges. Yeah, lots of expereince.

19. donnA Active Member

Yeah, well I'd prefer to lay hands on him, you might have to help him get up though.
    It's a good thing to never get so comfortable on a site, and trust people enough that you share anything with them. This includes your last name(if you happen to use your real first name) home town, email, church name or church web site. you have to protect yourself just as much on a christian board as anywhere else on the net.

20. TaliOrlando New Member

Welcome to the Forum Victor! :thumbs: :godisgood: