1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is This Wrong?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jul 20, 2013.

?
  1. Not really, it is a nice gesture, I'm all for it

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  2. It is wrong, and demonstrates taking sides

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. No opinion

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. Here's my opinion on this

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. If it were done for Zimmerman, if would be wrong

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  6. Neither party should be getting recognition

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  7. It fans the flames of anger

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  8. Media needs to be more responsible right now

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  9. This would be more acceptable when feelings cool down

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  10. This makes Trayvon look like a martyr

11 vote(s)
    73.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh, oh....

.....now you went and did it! :wavey: Be prepared for a long winded, post with your every word dissected until the crow crows! :thumbs:

2. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

You don't know that Zimmerman did anything wrong anymore than the people you criticize know that Martin was a thug.

Zimmerman CAN get out of his car if he wants to.

He can walk on the same sidewalk as ANYBODY if he wants to.

It is not wrong to do that.

He certainly OUGHT to do it if his community is depending on him to stave off the burglaries that have been plaguing them recently.

And if a boy jumps on him for walking on the same blamed SIDEWALK as he does, and breaks his nose, knocks him to the ground, pins him and then beats him violently with his fists continually until Zimmerman is afraid he is going to die...

then Zimmerman OUGHT to shoot the boy.

Zimmerman owes that to his wife, his Mother and Father and loved ones.

There would be NOTHING noble about laying there and letting this boy take the life of your wife's husband and your father's and mother's son.

3. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where's the "beef?"

Man, I could've bet the ranch that this comment would've been ripped apart and dissected line-for-line; word-for-word!

Let me take note, and see what is so special about this comment that spared me a tongue lashing :laugh: I'll have to follow the premise of this comment in the future to keep me from being wrongly accused of racism and prejudice!

4. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

Suppose it was your son?

Would you feel the same if you got a call that your son was beating on someone and that person pulled a gun and shot him dead?

Or is there the slightest chance that you would want to see that man imprisoned? Would you argue that the one with the gun could have subdued your son with a well-placed punch or kick?

5. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Are you asking me?

6. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

Something that all should think about.

Seems everyone is quick to condemn one or the other.

7. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

"All"?

"Everyone"?

I say a man has a right to walk on the same sidewalk as ANYBODY in this country.

I say a man can drive laps around his own neighborhood in his car ANYTIME he wants to.

I say if somebody tries to beat him to death for it and he is armed he ought to shoot the person beating him to death.

Pretty simple, I think.

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Again, pure silliness and discounting info that was made public. There are transcripts and recordings of him talking to the 911 dispatcher. Nothing but bias would lead anyone to say that ZImmerman didn't do anything wrong.

Didn't say he couldn't . Trayvon could walk the streets with a hoodie on his head too.

Didn't say he couldn't. He wasn't just walking though. He was looking for him.

Then he and his community are dumb. That's the polices job. Neighborhood Watch means WATCH and report. It doesn't mean get out your car or house and pursue.

But nowhere in there did Zimmerman do anything wrong in your opinion? Too funny. It's hilarious the way the talking points of talk show hosts influence what's said on this board.

But Zimmerman did nothing wrong to get to that point?(smh)

And folks wonder why Blacks make noise about cases like this.

9. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

The 911 dispatcher can ADVISE ANYONE, but NO ONE HAS to obey.

911 dispatchers are not always the sharpest knives in the drawer anyway.

Their words are not law.

Zimmerman not abiding by the ADVISE of the 911 dispatcher is not wrong.

And Zimmerman did not stop him from walking the streets. He did not brandish his firearm and tell him to stop walking the streets. Zimmerman in no way whatsoever impeded Travon's right to walk the streets.

Zimmerman shot Travon because Travon jumped on him and beat him unmercifully.

It's as simple as that.

So what? He was looking. So what?

That's not against the law either.

Your arguments are utterly without reason and legal support.

Zimmerman can follow someone for fifty yards or fifty miles if he wants to. So long as he is not taunting him or threatening him, ZIMMERMAN HAS EVERY RIGHT TO FOLLOW HIM!!

ESPECIALLY IF TRAVON LOOKED LIKE ONE OF THE THUGS WHO HAVE BEEN TERRORIZING HIS NEIGHBORHOOD!!

That's what he did. He watched and reported.

You can watch from your car seat or you can watch on your feet walking behind someone. But all Zimmerman did was watch.

Travon tried to beat him to death for it.

What's hilarious is the ease with which people are led by their feelings instead of the facts.

You got feelings.

I got facts.

It's that simple.

Because that is what the black culture does.

Black men commit violent crimes at a rate TEN TIMES greater than whites and hispanics put together.

Where is the outrage when some black thug kills an innocent white person??

'nuff said.

10. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know, folks, a newscaster (don't remember who) recently pointed out that no evidence was brought up in the trial that GZ followed TM after the dispatcher told him not to (and he said he wouldn't). I've been watching some of the testimony on Youtube, and I really don't see where there is any evidence whatsoever that GZ followed TM. The talking heads saying he did are not referring to any evidence to that effect, but are simply talking through their hats.

But of course as Luke pointed out, there is no law saying you cannot follow someone. So the whole "following" thing is irrelevant to the court trial and the guilt or innocence of GZ.

And by the way, if GZ did follow TM he was dumb! TM was a tall young man and GZ was short. With neither of them being trained fighters that I can tell, the bigger guy would have "whupped up."

11. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

One of the things that race baiters keep saying is that Zimmerman was a grown man and Martin was just a boy. They say because of this Zimmerman should have used his physical strength to break away from Martin.

But the fact is that GZ was a wee little man and Martin was a towering, athletic teenager. In a fist fight, one would expect Martin to win.

12. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Plus....

....in societies all around this world, young men Trayvon's age and even younger are fighting wars and killing their nation's enemies!

Great point!

I can honestly tell you, that if I were attacked by another person, I would be forced to defend myself like GZ. This is because of my disabilities and age. I would be an easy victim to any teen who came after me.

13. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

And you should NEVER be a victim!

The very ESSENCE of Americanism is that we refuse to be victims. We will not be terrorized and tyrannized.

This is why the right to bear arms, in my opinion, is not just a privilege- it is a responsibility.

And since I'm known for controversy, I'll stir a little here.

If more decent, law abiding citizens would arm themselves and defend themselves to death from thugs, thuggery would disappear from the face of the nation.

If we buried about ten times as many thugs this year because decent people killed them when they were attacked by them- thugs would get the message.

Remember a thug is someone who is too sorry to pursue gain through challenging means.

So let's make it way more challenging for them to get gain from decent American citizens.

They'll retreat to easier ways to get gain- because that is the kind of people they are.

14. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    News reports have been wildly inaccurate on this. According to police reports, George is 5'9", and a friend puts him at 170 lb. Police reports put Trayvon at 6' and 160 lb, but his family put him at 6'2".