1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is your church one of the "True Churches"?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Wesley Briggman, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm from Louisiana. We, unfortunately, have the highest per capita number of cases in the country and I'm not bragging on that. It makes me mad.

We have been asked - not commanded - to take precautions such as masks and limiting being in crowded places. But because our governor is a Democrat - all the good old boys and girls down here are acting like he has asked us to smear horse manure in our mouths. It's insane down here the way people are acting.

And I don't understand your post here at all. I was not talking about murder, divorce, flu, pneumonia or anything else.

Why can't a person say that Covid is real without having to bring up every other disease and disorder and problem?

Why can't we just say - the virus is real - please take precautions without stirring up a hornet's nest?

I was merely addressing another poster's claim that Covid is a "hoax" and a "myth". And by-the-by, my friend who died last week without her family and not seeing them for four four weeks was in perfect health when she contracted the virus.

I'm not saying Covid is the bubonic plague. I'm just trying to convince the hoaxers out there that it is not a hoax.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did not make the statement you attribute to me. It was a quote from the article, with the link provided.

Likewise, I've never heard him say anything like this.

If you haven't read the article, I suggest you do so.

3. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I didn't attribute the quote to you, personally. I believed it came from the article.

4. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The true church is every person whom God has redeemed. Redeemed can be found in liberal and conservative churches, as can unredeemed.
    When MacArthur refers to the true church, it is not a building or congregation, it is the Redeemed of God. The Redeemed will not cower or break covenant with God, even if the government demands such.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You’re close

6. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I’m more afraid of my Samoan neighborhoods than c19

7. Calminian

Site Supporter

Gosh, this is such an unfair charge.

Conversely, I would ask, why is Covid the only illness we are allowed to be concerned about? Seems you guys only care about Covid deaths. Suicide? Don't care. Drug overdose? Don't care. Domestic and drug abuse caused by the extended lockdown? Don't care. Lack of screenings due to the lockdown? Don't care. Families have their lives destroyed financially? Don't care.

Can we also be concerned about what the supposed lockdown cure is costing? Maybe you need to rethink this a little.

8. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    All O knows is orange man bad

9. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope. Nope. Nope. I never said nor has anyone here said that they don't care about anything else.

10. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are your rates higher than New York and New Jersey? Seems impossible. How did that happen?

Indiana has a weak Governor and Indianapolis is in the middle of a huge crime wave.

11. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    MacArthur is in a lot of legal trouble from Newsom. California seems to be controlled by the super rich but they are a state with massive poverty.

12. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Louisiana, in second COVID-19 wave worse than first, No. 1 per capita

Again, I do not brag. People just need to understand that in some areas of our nation - it's worse than others.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How does the death rate per 100k or million compare to NY and NJ? The number of infections goes up with the number of tests. America is charged with having the most cases but that is because we have run 60 million tests and have given somewhat accurate results to the public. For example, Governor DeWine of Ohio tested positive but a second test the same day showed negative results. At any rate, the recovery rate is about 99 %. Many countries in the world are not reporting accurate results, as you know, and many countries have less reason to ban certain medicines. The press wants desperately to cover up what happened in the nursing homes on the East coast and what is happening in Michigan and Nevada medically. I never realized that a Governor could control what medicine a person could or could not have and I never realized that a pharmacy could refuse to fill a doctor's prescription.

In Indiana one of the worse things is that we do not have N95 masks yet Indianapolis is forcing people in Marion County Indianapolis to wear these useless cloth masks that would guarantee your infection if you came into contact with a bona fide case. Indianapolis is forcing relatives of victims to go through a daily temperature test in order to work. Per capita, Hong Kong flu was probably worse but there were not lockdowns, etc., over Hong Kong flu.

We are so vulnerable because our medical supplies are coming from China, our enemy. Companies such as Indianapolis Lilly Pharmaceuticals have massive factories in China.

14. Calminian

Site Supporter

Then do you understand why people believe it's time to end the lockdowns?

15. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is it impossible to maintain social distancing and yet keep the economy thriving? Is it really important to have large gatherings of people in confined areas in order to work?
    I suppose if you are in the entertainment business, this is a devastating time. Concert goers buying food and liquor will be curtailed. State Fairs will be stopped. Big sports companies will suffer. But, the common person can still work, yet have precaution. This isn't too much to ask...is it?

16. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    When you say lockdown, what do you mean. I am free to go anywhere I choose right now with the exception of a bar.

17. Calminian

Site Supporter

Church worship services. I believe Church is essential for the spiritual health of America. I don't believe virtual Church is cutting it. And get kids back in school.

18. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My church has been open for about 6 weeks. Before that our virtual church was watched by three times as many who come regularly. We still do virtual church as well as open church.

Our students are starting back after Labor Day.

I know what you mean, but the only things closed here are bars. Masks are "required" everywhere except church. I wear a mask to church, but I am one of a handful. As I said earlier - people here do not comply with the governor very well because he is a Democrat.

19. Calminian

Site Supporter

I'm talking nationally. What state is this? In my state, Church is still closed.

20. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Louisiana.