1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Israel as a Nation and God's Plan

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Smiley, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Smiley

Smiley New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

For they are not all Cowboys fans, that are of Dallas. Repeat that until you get it.

no difference....go and learn this. He's speaking to Jews and saying that many of them were not being faithful to the calling God gave them. Heck, they aren't even Dallas Cowboy fans, so how can they get to heaven!?!

This, IN NO WAY, diminishes the calling He gave them (which is irrevocable according to Romans 11:26-30 )) and, IN NO WAY, diminishes those Jews who were then, and still are, faithful to that calling.

#41 Smiley, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  2. Smiley

Smiley New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

That is no longer true since about 2005. More proof to someone watching for signs, and just another thing to dismiss for those who are not.

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Yes, it absolutely does. The arab muslims are the semitic cousins of Jacob so why wouldn't it? I can show you a few congregations around Israel where that is common.

in fact, it is LIFE FROM THE DEAD for the entire planet according to Romans 11:12-15

#42 Smiley, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  3. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm just delighted when anyone is saved, be he Jew, Moslem, Hindu or atheist.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Smiley

Smiley New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Thank you for a kind reply. That is the very reason why Jews coming to faith is important. It will be life from the dead for the entire gentile world.

And what a great day that will be

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scripture please

6. glad4mercy

glad4mercy Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. Yes, I believe that the Jews return to the land is a fulfillment of prophecy

2. Yes, I believe in a literal second coming of Jesus to earth to reign.

3. Yes, see number 1

4. It seems that the Bible teaches that the temple will be rebuilt before the Second Coming.

5. Not sure, but probably.

6. I might put a prayer on the Wailing Wall simply because I love the nation of Israel.

7. You can make any event a spiritual experience by experiencing God in it.

8. I havent been in the Palestinians or Israeli's shoes, so I'm not sure.

7. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello Smiley, and welcome to the Forum. I hope your time here will be blessed and that you will be a blessing to those here.

You have to understand that there are numerous types of Baptists, and their beliefs vary greatly.

The true gathering of Israel will take place prior to the Tribulation and see it's fulfillment when Christ returns. I do think it significant that Israel has been recognized and are in the land, but, it is a largely secular nation at this point.

I do. But I think a number of those in Israel are at this point still in need of salvation in Christ.

Yes:

Zechariah 14:1-4
    King James Version (KJV)

14 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

3 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

Not especially.

I think Prophecy demands that:

2 Thessalonians 2
    King James Version (KJV)

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

I think it will maintain the borders it has always had. Be curious as to why you ask, though.

No, lol.

Wouldn't know until I got there, lol.

From what I hear Israel is very fair to Palestinians, trying to make peace, to the point where they allow Palestinians in their government.

But its hard to know for sure everything that goes on. Due to the nature of men we could probably expect good and evil among both sides, and it may be that both sides could be commended and condemned.

Again, welcome to the Forum. Love talking about Eschatology so now a question for you: Are you pre-millennial or amillennial, and what is your view on the Rapture?

God bless.

8. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    @Smiley asked:
    1, Do you believe that God is currently re-gathering the nation of Israel from the various other nations of the world?
    I see no particular sign of it. Jews under persecution have gone to Israel and America for many years. At one time, many of them came to Britain. I believe a few may have gone to Israel from France recently. I'm not aware that more than a tiny number have gone from, say, Britain.

2, Will Jesus Christ return to the current geographical location that is modern day Jerusalem?
    Possibly, possibly not. Acts 1:11 says that the Lord Jesus will return 'in like manner' but not necessarily in the same place.

3, Do you believe that events that happen in Modern Day Israel are evidence of the fulfilment of Bible Prophecy?
    If more Jews were becoming Christians, if most Israelis weren't secular and if Tel-a-Viv wasn't the homosexual capital of the Levant, I might perhaps be disposed to believe it.

4, Does the Temple have to be rebuilt before the return of Jesus Christ can take place?
    No. It will never be rebuilt. The Lord Jesus is the One greater than the Temple. The New Jerusalem comes down from heaven and does not have a Temple for that very reason.

5, Will the current nation of Israel ever be expanded to its historical borders, encompassing Lebanon, Jordan and other areas?
    I certainly hope not. It would involve huge amounts of bloodshed. God's land promises to Israel were fulfilled many years ago (Joshua 21:44-45; 1 Kings 4:20-25).

6, If you travelled to Jerusalem as a tourist, would you place a prayer on paper into the wailing wall?
    Under no circumstances. I am a Christian, not a Jew.

7, Would traveling to Israel on vacation be something that you would consider to be a spiritual experience?
    I would quite like to visit the area around Galilee some day and see the places where our Lord lived and taught.
    I have no great desire to go to Jerusalem or Bethlehem and see monks squabbling over which is the real tomb. He's not there any more.
    I absolutely deny that one part of the world is more 'holy' or 'spiritual' than another (Psalm 24:1-2).

8, Are Palestinian Christians being treated fairly or unfairly in the occupied territories by the Israeli authorities?
    Not certain.

The greatest need of Israel and Israelis is the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, just as it is for the Moslem nations.[/QUOTE]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe God broke off the unbelieving Jews from Israel. And grafted believing gentiles into their place. So Israel proper continued under Christ as believers only. Also called the Church. And the broken off Jews remain under God's wrath as gentiles, until the end. But, for the sake of the fathers, God will and has already brought many to faith in Christ, re-attaching them.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  10. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pretty good articulation,

11. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lo, there! Lo, here!

Not.

12. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Judging by this Haaretz report, God has totally abandoned the corrupt nation of Israel, totally ceased striving with them, declared them "uncircumcised in heart" & therefore in total rejection of his covenant.

When Jesus comes, it will NOT be to restore the kingdom, but to vindicate the oppressed and destroy the wicked.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1