1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Israel must go back to 1967 borders

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Tom Bryant, May 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwmoeller1

dwmoeller1 New Member

It seems the participants know this as well. Just as they know recognition of Israel and no right of return are conditions for peace as well. It's just that for various reasons they aren't all willing to admit these things at the same time.

2. dwmoeller1

dwmoeller1 New Member

Look for instance at the Camp David Accords of 2000. At this time Israel leadership indicated a willingness to agreed to essentially what Obama said. The breakdown in agreement was more over the exact details rather than an unwillingness to withdraw.

#62 dwmoeller1, May 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2011
  3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

You are, of course, correct. Thank you. I forgot about the '48 post war expansion.

Needless to say, this situation is not a matter of President Obama cursing Israel and falling under some sort of Abrahamic curse. It is simply politics.

#63 NaasPreacher (C4K), May 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2011
  4. dwmoeller1

dwmoeller1 New Member

Definitely. And the overblown response is just political as well.

5. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Perhaps it is through political action that some blessings and curses are accomplished.. For the US to act against Israels best interest is just plain wrong.. I believe the prophetic statements apply today, but lets set that aside.

Israel is the only country in the middle east that is our friend, practices democratic principals, and stands for values we hold dear.. To call for a return to the '67' borders, puts Israel in a dangerously untenable position.. It is a preposterous act for our President to propose such.. To me it is inexcusably naive (I hope it's naivety) on BO's part and his people.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I've said since post one that I this is a mistake, just that it hardly qualifies as cursing Biblical Israel.

7. billwald

billwald New Member

On the other hand, if the US hadn't been the primary push behind the establishment of Israel maybe the Arabs would not hate us.

8. dwmoeller1

dwmoeller1 New Member

I submit that what may be in the best interests of the political state of Israel is not necessarily in the best interests of the people of Israel as a whole.

Consider, for example, the stories of the judges. God was constantly leading in ways that defied any reasonable politics or defense in order to demonstrate that Israel was to survive and prosper by looking to God's providence rather than good weapons, tactics or a defensible border. Maybe it is in Israel's best interest to be in a situation where they have to cry out to God rather than look to their own resources and "defensible borders".

I submit that whatever does not draw Isreal closer to God is not in their best interests from a Scriptural point of view. God's primary call for Israel is not to conquer the land but to trust in Him. Scripture would indicate that any attempts to stay in the land apart from dependence on Him is doomed to failure - even that the attempts to do so can be a problem in themselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.