1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1. JohnBaptistHenry

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    THE ZIONIST ISRAEL-WORSHIPPING AMERICAN CHURCH?!
    By John Henry
    June 7, 2017
    (Part 1)​

Excerpts From An Anti-Israel Preacher:

"Modern Zionism and Talmudic Judaism are nothing more than the Phariseeism of the New Testament. And it is just as evil now as it was then; and never forget that Neoconism is mostly owned and operated by Zionism and Talmudic Judaism. By worshipping Zionist Israel, the modern Church is actually worshipping in the 'synagogue of Satan.' (Rev. 2:9; 3:9)"

"[For pro-Israel American Christian's] loyalty does not reside in America; it resides in the modern state of Israel--a nation that has absolutely NOTHING to do with Biblical Israel. Their erroneous interpretation of Genesis 12 has created a climate of war and hatred that is tearing the soul out of America. All of these perpetual wars that are being fomented in the Middle East are done in the name of Genesis 12 ..."

"[T]he misinterpretation of Genesis 12 causes them to say, 'Support Israel no matter what.' [This] position [is] not only unscriptural, [it's] very dangerous to America."

Are these excerpts scripturally factual?

Some adamantly teach that God is finished with the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the last of whom God renamed, Israel! Is this teaching really true?! What Almighty God says about it?

The Almighty's Promise To Abraham, Isaac & Jacob:

Genesis 12:1-3: "Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy fathers house, unto a land that I will shew thee: 2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: 3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and IN THEE SHALL ALL FAMILIES OF THE EARTH BE BLESSED."

Genesis 13:14-17: "And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: 15 FOR ALL THE LAND WHICH THOU SEEST, TO THEE WILL I GIVE IT, AND TO THY SEED FOR EVER. 16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered. Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee."

Genesis 15:5-6: "And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be. 6 And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness."

Genesis 17:1-8: "And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect. 2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly. 3 And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying, 4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations. 5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee. 6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee. 7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for AN EVERLASTING COVENANT, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. 8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, ALL THE LAND OF CANAAN, FOR AN EVERLASTING POSSESSION; and I will be their God." (Note: The land of Canaan is the area of modern Israel.)

Genesis 21:5-12: "And Abraham was an hundred years old, when his son Isaac was born unto him. 6 And Sarah said, God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me. 7 And she said, Who would have said unto Abraham, that Sarah should have given children suck? for I have born him a son in his old age. 8 And the child grew, and was weaned: and Abraham made a great feast the same day that Isaac was weaned. 9 And Sarah saw the son of Hagar the Egyptian, which she had born unto Abraham, mocking. 10 Wherefore she said unto Abraham, Cast out this bondwoman and her son: for the son of this bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, even with Isaac. 11 And the thing was very grievous in Abrahams sight because of his son. 12 And God said unto Abraham, Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah hath said unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for IN ISAAC SHALL THY SEED BE CALLED." (cf. Rom. 9:7; Heb. 11:18)

Genesis 22:1-2, 6-18: "And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am. 2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of. . . . 6 And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it upon Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them together. 7 And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering? 8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together. 9 And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood. 10 And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son. 11 And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I. 12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me. 13 And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son. 14 And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen. 15 And the angel of the LORD called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time, 16 And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son: 17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies; 18 AND IN THY SEED SHALL ALL THE NATIONS OF THE EARTH BE BLESSED; because thou hast obeyed my voice." (Note: The Land of Moriah is where Jerusalem stands today. The mountain spoken of in verse 2 is either Temple Mount [2 Chron. 3:1] or Calvary near it where the Lord Jesus gave His life for us, most likely the latter.)

2. JohnBaptistHenry

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    THE ZIONIST ISRAEL-WORSHIPPING
    AMERICAN CHURCH?!

By John Henry
    June 7, 2017
    (Part 2)​

Genesis 28:1-4: "And Isaac called Jacob, and blessed him, and charged him, and said unto him, Thou shalt not take a wife of the daughters of Canaan. 2 Arise, go to Padanaram, to the house of Bethuel thy mothers father; and take thee a wife from thence of the daughters of Laban thy mothers brother. 3 And God Almighty bless thee, and make thee fruitful, and multiply thee, that thou mayest be a multitude of people; 4 And give thee the blessing of Abraham, to thee, and to thy seed with thee; that thou mayest inherit the land wherein thou art a stranger, which God gave unto Abraham."

Genesis 28:10-16: "And Jacob went out from Beersheba, and went toward Haran. 11 And he lighted upon a certain place, and tarried there all night, because the sun was set; and he took of the stones of that place, and put them for his pillows, and lay down in that place to sleep. 12 And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it. 13 And, behold, the LORD stood above it, and said, I AM THE LORD GOD OF ABRAHAM THY FATHER, AND THE GOD OF ISAAC: THE LAND WHEREON THOU LIEST, TO THEE WILL I GIVE IT, AND TO THY SEED; 14 And thy seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and IN THEE AND IN THY SEED SHALL ALL THE FAMILIES OF THE EARTH BE BLESSED. 15 And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of. 16 And Jacob awaked out of his sleep, and he said, Surely the LORD is in this place; and I knew it not."

Genesis 35:10: "And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: THY NAME SHALL NOT BE CALLED ANY MORE JACOB, BUT ISRAEL SHALL BE THY NAME: and he called his name ISRAEL." (cf. 1 Kings 18:31; Note: "Israel" is from a 2 syllable Hebrew word which mean "Power" of "God" or "God prevails." Whereas "Jacob" is from a verb meaning "to supplant" [i.e. displace, usurp]. Jacob got this name because when his twin brother, Esau and he were born he had hold of Esau's heel [Genesis 25:26; Hosea 12:3]. Jacob was a sinner who believed God as his grandfather, Abraham, before him. As the word of God says, he "believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness" [Genesis 15:6].)

Genesis 48:3-4: "And Jacob said unto Joseph, God Almighty appeared unto me at Luz in the land of Canaan, and blessed me, 4 And said unto me, Behold, I will make thee fruitful, and multiply thee, and I will make of thee a multitude of people; and will give this land to thy seed after thee for AN EVERLASTING POSSESSION."

3. JohnBaptistHenry

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    THE ZIONIST ISRAEL-WORSHIPPING
    AMERICAN CHURCH?!

By John Henry
    June 7, 2017
    (Part 3)​

Conclusion:

If modern Israel is not true Israel, how is it that the above Scripture indicates that God told Abraham, "all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever." If modern Israel is not Biblical Israel, how is it that God told him again, "I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession." It is Israel's Land even when they are not in it. God said so! If modern Israel is not true Israel, how is it that God told Jacob that He would "give this land to thy seed after thee for an everlasting possession." If modern Israel is not Biblical Israel how is it that Moses wrote, "Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever." God cannot be any clearer!

So we can clearly see from these Scriptures that the above excerpts quoted from an anti-Israel preacher are totally false, through ignorance or intention we cannot say. In any event, to say that "the modern state of Israel [is] a nation that has absolutely NOTHING to do with Biblical Israel" is absolutely false. It is a slanderous and damnable lie intended or not. Modern Israel being prophetic Israel is NOT conjecture, but is Scriptural fact.

It is outside the scope of this article to expound on the details of the fact that the Bible even prophesied the year of Israel's re-founding, but God's word did in fact foretell the 1948 reestablishment of Israel.

There are many other Scriptural proof text other than only Genesis 12 and those above that prove that the Nation of Israel was, is an always will be God's Chosen People. This chosen Nation is a microcosm of the rest of humanity to show us that we all need Almighty JEHOVAH. Only He can save us from our sins and from eternal damnation. Not all Israelites will go to Heaven, not all Americans, not all Asians, Blacks, Caucasians, etc. will be saved, but only those who trust in an Israelite from the Tribe of Judah, who died for the sins of the world. His name is Jesus Christ and He is the only Saviour.

True Christians do not worship Israel as the slandering anti-Israel preacher dogmaticly pontificates. We trust, believe and worship the One triune Almighty JEHOVAH God and Jesus Christ, the Word made flesh (John 1:1-3, 14; 1 John 5:7, KJV), who came to give His life for whosoever will believe in Him for salvation!

"In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins." (1 John 4:9-10) "For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly." (Romans 5:6) "For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost." (Matthew 18:11) "Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them." (Hebrews 7:25)

During the Tribulation after the rapture, 144,000 Israelites will pick up the mantle from the Church Age believers (2 Kings 2:8-14). All 12 tribes will be represented except Dan which will be replaced by Joseph's son, Manasses (cf. Gen. 49:17). Revelation 7 records the following:

"And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea, 3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads. 4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
    5 Of the tribe of JUDA were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of REUBEN were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of GAD were sealed twelve thousand.
    6 Of the tribe of ASER were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of NEPTHALIM were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of MANASSES were sealed twelve thousand.
    7 Of the tribe of SIMEON were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of LEVI were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of ISSACHAR were sealed twelve thousand.
    8 Of the tribe of ZABULON were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of JOSEPH were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of BENJAMIN were sealed twelve thousand.
    9 AFTER THIS I BEHELD, AND, LO, A GREAT MULTITUDE, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; ... 14 These are they WHICH CAME OUT OF GREAT TRIBULATION, AND HAVE WASHED THEIR ROBES, AND MADE THEM WHITE IN THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB
    ." (Revelation 7:2-9, 14)

Finally, I must say that churches and believers that do not put Almighty JEHOVAH and His holy word before country and all things are false churches and christians, and any church that does not support Israel with their prayers is NOT a true Christian church! That is not to say that they are not saved. They may be if they have trusted Christ. Preachers and teachers that teach anti-Biblical doctrines and lead the people astray have no business in the pulpit. That means slandering Chuck Baldwin, and heretic Steven L. Anderson and their ilk. These two men and those like them do not deserve the honorable name of Baptist, and are thus in name only. Baptists believe God's holy word, all of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is the Israel of God made up of believers or unbelievers?

• Like Like x 1
  5. JohnBaptistHenry

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What! What is right?

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Israel has always been a mixed multitude.

There is a core of true believers in Israel today.

Messianic Jews - Maoz Israel

HankD

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. JohnBaptistHenry

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, there are a few saved Jews today, even Baptists; and there will be 144,000 from the tribes of Israel who will be saved and sealed to take the place of the churches after the rapture.

Deuteronomy 4:30-31: "When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice; 31 (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God; ) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them."

Revelation 7:9-14: "After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; 10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb. 11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God, 12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen. 13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? 14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb."

Daniel 11:32-35: "And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits. 33 And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days. 34 Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries. 35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed."

Matthew 24:15-21: "When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand; ) 16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: 17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house: 18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes. 19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! 20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: 21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be." (cf. Dan. 9:27)

Revelation 12:1, 3-4, 6, 9, 12-14, 17: "And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars: ... 3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon ... 4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: ... 6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days. ... 9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. ...12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time. 13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child. 14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent. ...17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ." (cf. Gen. 37:5, 9-11)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great question, Aaron. Israel, also known as "all Israel" is only made-up of believers. Membership has absolutely no connection with blood line. Galatians 3 makes clear, each and every believer is one of Abraham's children.

Traditional Dispensationalism is false theology.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul said the unbelieving branches were broken off. Did the husbandman miss some?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Was Israel regathered because they've repented of their unbelief?

• Like Like x 1
  11. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No IMO you don't have the full story, another passage in the scripture area you have quoted is missing.

There is a geographical State of Israel within which there are Jewish citizens of various beliefs some believing that Jesus Christ is God come in the flesh, the Messiah of Israel.

Whether this "gathering" of believers and reconstitution of Israel is in preparation and/or fulfillment of "God is able to graff them in again" I don't know for sure, but IMO it is within the realm of possibility.

HankD

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But they're not grafted in. So they are not Israel

For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: but he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God. Rom 2:28-29​

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But it is possible or it wouldn't be clearly spelled out in the scripture that God is able to graff them back in.

22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
    23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
    24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?
    25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

HankD

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only when one repents of his unbelief as did Paul. There are no unbelievers in Israel.

So the Israel of God is made up of believers. One should take that to his eschatology, not vice versa. :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Indeed.

The church and Israel are distinct.

HankD

• Like Like x 1
  16. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The op is anti-semetic garbage

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For the record, that's not what I said.

18. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Understood Aaron.

HankD

19. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do the New Covenant Scripture writers interpret the Old Covenant texts in question?
    e.g.
    Gen. 12:1-3
    Quoted by Peter:
    Acts 3:24 Yes, and all the prophets, from Samuel and those who follow, as many as have spoken, have also foretold these days. 25 You are sons of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying to Abraham, ‘And in your seed all the families of the earth shall be blessed.’ 26 To you first, God, having raised up His Servant Jesus, sent Him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from your iniquities.”
    The promise is fulfilled in & by the LORD Jesus Christ, who by his great commission sent the Gospel to all nations,beginning at Jerusalem.

Paul insists:
    Galatians 3:26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Moses warns:
    Deut. 18:15 “The Lord your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your midst, from your brethren. Him you shall hear .......
    17 “And the Lord said to me: ‘What they have spoken is good. 18 I will raise up for them a Prophet like you from among their brethren, and will put My words in His mouth, and He shall speak to them all that I command Him. 19 And it shall be that whoever will not hear My words, which He speaks in My name, I will require it of him.

Peter quotes that warning:
    Acts 3:22 For Moses truly said to the fathers, ‘The Lord your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your brethren. Him you shall hear in all things, whatever He says to you. 23 And it shall be that every soul who will not hear that Prophet shall be utterly destroyed from among the people.
    I don't think anyone contributing would challenge Paul's assertion in Gal. 3, nor that the AD 70 destruction was the consequence of the Jews' rejection both of Christ & the Apostolic Gospel.

The questions arise:
    Were many generations of Jews consigned into unbelief en mass until Jesus returns when they will recognise him? Possible interpretations of:
    Mat. 23:37 “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! 38 See! Your house is left to you desolate; 39 for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’ ”
    and
    Mat. 24:34 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place.

Has God finished his dealings with Israel & the Jews as a separate chosen people, or are believing Jews welcomed into one body in Christ with Gentile believers with no ongoing judgment? The AD 70 destruction being God's final dealings with that corrupt generation - Possible interpretations of:
    Mat. 21:18 Now in the morning, as He returned to the city, He was hungry. 19 And seeing a fig tree by the road, He came to it and found nothing on it but leaves, and said to it, “Let no fruit grow on you ever again.” Immediately the fig tree withered away.
    37 Then last of all he sent his son to them, saying, ‘They will respect my son.’38 But when the vinedressers saw the son, they said among themselves, ‘This is the heir. Come, let us kill him and seize his inheritance.’ 39 So they took him and cast him out of the vineyard and killed him.
    40 “Therefore, when the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those vinedressers?”
    41 They said to Him, “He will destroy those wicked men miserably, and lease his vineyard to other vinedressers who will render to him the fruits in their seasons.”
    43 “Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken from you and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it. 44 And whoever falls on this stone will be broken; but on whomever it falls, it will grind him to powder.”
    45 Now when the chief priests and Pharisees heard His parables, they perceived that He was speaking of them. 46 But when they sought to lay hands on Him, they feared the multitudes, because they took Him for a prophet.

Are the Old Covenant promises concerning Israel still valid & yet to be fulfilled?

Is the present nation of Israel the beginning of that fulfilment?

Are the European Jews occupying the land true descendants of Abraham, & if they are do the promises apply, or if not, as is highly questionable, have they any Biblical claim on the promised land?
    Mat. 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said to them, “Brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? 8 Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance, 9 and do not think to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones.

Would a faithful, covenant keeping God abandon & punish 50-100 generations of his chosen people?
    Exodus 20:For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

20. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those who believe in a future for national Israel for Israel & the Jews according to Old Covenant prophecy, claim it must be future - to us - not just future at the time of writing. However, Jesus asserted that he himself was the fulfilment of OC prophecy:
    Luke 24:25 Then He said to them, “O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! 26 Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory?” 27 And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.
    44 Then He said to them, “These are the words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Me.” 45 And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures.

46 Then He said to them, “Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day, 47 and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 And you are witnesses of these things.49 Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high.”

The only detailed instruction Jesus gives about his yet future coming is in the Olivet prophecy after the details of the destruction, &:
    Luke 17:33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. 34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. 35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

There's a LOT of money available to those who write books about future prophecy, & not much for those who see the explicit prophecies fulfilled in the AD 70 destruction.

Prophecy can & should be tested. John gave prophecies regarding Jesus:
    And many resorted unto him, and said, John did no miracle: but all things that John spake of this man were true. John 10:41

Please read Deut. 18:15-19 regarding Jesus;
    and then 20-22 regarding false prophets.

In Mat. 24, Mark 13, Luke 17 & 21 & in various last week parables & warnings, Jesus gave explicit prophecies, often with such a clear time indication that his enemies understood that he was prophesying against them. That's why they killed him. They understood the prophecies though they rejected them. And they remembered them decades later, asserting that Jesus was a false prophet. 2 Peter 3.
    3 knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4 and saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
    Did those scoffers also fall asleep, "knowing" that Jesus' prophecies were false? No! They suffered swift destruction. 2 Peter 2:1

Jesus' prophecies were understood, doubted, & challenged; & were fulfilled in detail in AD 70. While we don't have an inspired eye-witness account, the historical evidence is there.

The futurist's prophecies are worthless - they are attempts to interpret prophecy in a way that CANNOT be tested. The claim to relate the signs in the Olivet prophecies to current events has consistently failed.
    Deut. 18:21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the Lord hath not spoken? 22 when a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

The OC prophecies were fulfilled in & by the LORD Jesus Christ, & by the Gospel proclamation in his name. Many thousands of Jews from every nation under heaven were saved beginning at Pentecost. The church comprised only Jews & proselytes from the day of Pentecost as the OC prophecies were fulfilled day by day. When the Jewish leaders officially rejected the Gospel, they were declared uncircumcised. The OC was finished.

If Jews want the promised & prophesied blessings as the redeemed people of God, they must repent & believe in Jesus.

• Agree Agree x 1